Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Safeword posted:

the biggest hat

Amon's hat. BRD and MCH only.

Safeword posted:

the floofiest dress

That parts a bit harder to nail down. There are a lot of floofy dresses. The Thavnairian Autumn Wool Dress is a good start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
remove glamour restrictions - free amon's hat

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

And for the love of god, let bosses in the ARR 24 mans drop 2 pieces of gear.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brainamp posted:

That parts a bit harder to nail down. There are a lot of floofy dresses. The Thavnairian Autumn Wool Dress is a good start.

The answer is the Princess Dress from Mogstation.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The AST class glamours are pretty posh.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So if I am starting DoL stuff from scratch right now, is it still best to level bot/min/fish first up to a certain level, and then the crafting classes? And is it still all crafts to ~20 and then focus on one at a time?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Brainamp posted:

I'm pretty sure the Welkin hat from the AST AF2 set holds the trophy for "biggest hat".

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Eltoasto posted:

So if I am starting DoL stuff from scratch right now, is it still best to level bot/min/fish first up to a certain level, and then the crafting classes? And is it still all crafts to ~20 and then focus on one at a time?

Unlock everything, do daily turn ins at the grand company. You can grind out 1-15 in about an hour for all of the DOH classes. You'll want to get CUL up to 37 and CRP up to 50 first. As for DOL, just grind it out? It takes some time, but you can get mats if you want to be self sufficient and make some money off of the MB.

For 15-50 DOH, though... look into power leveling via levekits.

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Spoilers for the Rising event: It's very striking the difference in attitude I'm getting between the Rising cutscence and basically every word out of Blizzard's mouths about BfA. Having a cutscene dedicated to Yoshi P. just thanking the player for playing the game, and giving them a couple of things for seeing it is great. It seems like such a far cry from BfA's two steps back metrics-first approach where it seems like every facet of the game has been worsened in the name of prolonging play time. I like a lot about both games, and complaints about Eureka aside, of the two games FFXIV is the one I feel like will actually improve.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Astroniomix posted:

I'm pretty sure the Welkin hat from the AST AF2 set holds the trophy for "biggest hat".

Longest hat, at least.

i'm the person who doesn't like Amon's set

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Inferior hat

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Safeword posted:

Amazing. Time to find the biggest hat and the floofiest dress.

Don't forget to join the EU Goon FC! (if you want that is)

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 27, 2018

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Relax Or DIE posted:

Give it to everybody during the next Rising event.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I want the Armour of Light.

May 8, 2006

Dwesa posted:

Give it to everybody during the next Rising event.

Normally I would agree with this, except I already have it, so now others should have to skillfully roll as well as I did to win it IMO

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I had my first difficulty healing as Scholar with the final boss of Brayflox. The main issue I ran into (that was actually my fault, as opposed to the tank leaving the boss in the poison) was letting the tank get out of range of my heals and then having him get hit by a really strong attack (I guess this is kinda partly the tank's fault, though I should have still been able to cope with it).

Is it basically always a bad idea to use Adloquium unless it's an emergency or it's the end of a fight? It seems like Physick gets better healing to MP ratio even after considering the shield from Adloquium.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Aldo is for pre-shielding a big hit.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Safeword posted:

Amazing. Time to find the biggest hat and the floofiest dress.

I mean, there's no way how that's NOT AST.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I had my first difficulty healing as Scholar with the final boss of Brayflox. The main issue I ran into (that was actually my fault, as opposed to the tank leaving the boss in the poison) was letting the tank get out of range of my heals and then having him get hit by a really strong attack (I guess this is kinda partly the tank's fault, though I should have still been able to cope with it).

Is it basically always a bad idea to use Adloquium unless it's an emergency or it's the end of a fight? It seems like Physick gets better healing to MP ratio even after considering the shield from Adloquium.

MP is usually not a big concern as long as you are using Lucid Dreaming (the tooltip isn't very up front about this but this skill gives MP regeneration as well as cutting aggro) and Aetherflow on cooldown. You don't want to be chaincasting Adlo but using it occasionally when your fairy falls behind on tank damage is no big deal.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

spoiler stuff

whats a Bfa?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

It's real hard to heal a tank through Dragon Breath if you're not level synced down, to be honest. Realistically, the best thing to do is to try and position your fairy to be in range of him via the Place command. I have Place and Heel bound to two hotkeys so that I can maneuver the fairy around at will. Takes some getting used to, but I find it invaluable for getting it in the right spot without exposing myself to too much danger.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Choyi posted:

whats a Bfa?

Battle for Azeroth, name of the latest expac for WoW.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Choyi posted:

whats a Bfa?

Battle for Azeroth, WoW's latest expansion. Also Blizzard managing to just barely dodge a meme.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

WrightOfWay posted:

MP is usually not a big concern as long as you are using Lucid Dreaming (the tooltip isn't very up front about this but this skill gives MP regeneration as well as cutting aggro) and Aetherflow on cooldown. You don't want to be chaincasting Adlo but using it occasionally when your fairy falls behind on tank damage is no big deal.

Ah, I totally forgot about Lucid Dreaming!

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

MP efficiency is offfset by gcd efficiency, more gcds means more dps. I have AST at lvl69 and I don't think I gotten off more than around 50 casts of benefic. Don't think I've cast many physicks either from lvl50 SCH onwards.

Algid fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 27, 2018

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Choyi posted:

whats a Bfa?

Bfa deez nuts

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lgma blls btch

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Thanks for the dress suggestions! I intend to be the fanciest scholar in the world.

And the fanciest warrior.

And the fanciest Dragoon.

This class system is unbearably addictive. :negative:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
SE's getting really incompetent in the months leading up to Fanfest. Pagos came out and they took no feedback to use from Anemos, they hosed up the fanfest tickets a few weeks ago, and now the latest event is bugged and won't spawn the NPC 90% of the time. Atleast, that's the general consensus on what's happening- SE hasn't actually addressed the community to say whether this is an intentional gate on the instance (which would be retarded) or if it's indeed a bug.

The event page on the Lodestone didn't even mention the instance beforehand so it's possible there are lots of people who don't even realize that this event is more than a weak quest to run around and learn about the events leading up to the Calamity. I assume they did it this way to keep the instance a secret before the event began, but it could use an update now that the event is out and people are confused. I've heard good things about the instance from people who have actually gotten in, but that's a moot point when it's gated like this.

Lori posted:

Boy howdy, I sure do love catposting.

good glamour. I wore almost the exact same thing, but in blue to try and mimic Locke from FFVI. It's a good look.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Safeword posted:

Thanks for the dress suggestions! I intend to be the fanciest scholar in the world.

And the fanciest warrior.

And the fanciest Dragoon.

This class system is unbearably addictive. :negative:

Come join the valkyrie squad with me

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

So I just read someone saying that they got a message from a gm and the Rising event is working as intended. :lol:

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Hah, so it really is the perfect reminder of how 1.0 used to be for all the ones saying it was better.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
This is a test for the next eureka. You can only zone into it at random times through the day. Lets see the players try and form a train THIS time if they don't have anyone to make a train with.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

The Grimace posted:

I've heard good things about the instance from people who have actually gotten in, but that's a moot point when it's gated like this.

Yeah, it sure is a fun instan-

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
calling it now, 5.0 is going to be yoship's 1.0, then they'll shut down and rerelease in 2022 as a new game with new leadership :v:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

But how can I get the white raven earrings and annoy the 1.x vets who don't exist on Jenova if the event npc never appears?

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Ibblebibble posted:

Come join the valkyrie squad with me

What pieces are those? That looks great.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Zack Ater posted:

What pieces are those? That looks great.

Thanks!

Spear: Susano Lance
Head: Castrum Abania
Chest: lvl 62 leveling gear
Gloves: Genji gloves
Legs: I think it's shire trousers? You can barely see them anyway.
Boots: AF2

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

The Grimace posted:

I assume they did it this way to keep the instance a secret

the what now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hope they let us unlock the 1.0 tramp stamp