Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

About LNP financial woes: if labour can manage to claim both house and senate they should immediately put through legislation limiting individual's donations to political parties, and require that organizations and foundations prove membership numbers such that their grouped donation does not exceed the individual limits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Liberal Policy Handbook:

Unemployment is a choice, no handouts for you

Farming the driest country in the world, not a choice, here's lots of money

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

hambeet posted:

What is this from?

https://twitter.com/mckinnon_a/status/1033882632788967424

lua
Jun 16, 2013

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The Prime Minister, suddenly realising that Sharks need water to survive is personally touched by the farmers suffering in drought conditions; without water and more importantly - without sharks.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

I dunno The Greens facebook posted it. I assume some sort of article

thanks sherlock.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

cheers!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Someone put this goverment out of its misery

Maybe also this country

Or at least me

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

:yeshaha:

scumo proof fence has potential

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

I feel wrong finding this so funny.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Moon Atari posted:

About LNP financial woes: if labour can manage to claim both house and senate they should immediately put through legislation limiting individual's donations to political parties, and require that organizations and foundations prove membership numbers such that their grouped donation does not exceed the individual limits.

That would be amazing.

I'm not sure it'd ever happen even if they got control of both house and senate.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Anyone watching Four Corners?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Anyone watching Four Corners?

I'm not watching QandA, that's for loving sure.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Starshark posted:

I'm not watching QandA, that's for loving sure.

There's going to be a fight.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

There's going to be a fight.

Q&A is infuriating. What's the four corners about?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Rock Puncher posted:

Q&A is infuriating. What's the four corners about?

Leadership.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

after all this time, after soo many years, you all still watch qanda

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I know a friend of mine is in the audience, so I'll have it on to see if her question gets up. Haven't watched it in years.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

hambeet posted:

after all this time, after soo many years, you all still watch qanda

Not loving me.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Calling the cops may or may not have been acceptable in the circumstances (though I don't think being lost or hungry is a problem only the police can solve) but I was more noting the headline of 'instead of calling the police' which combined with the thread's rush to praise him makes him sound like he was heroically resisting refugee policy enforcement.

The guy rescued them from potential death in the wilderness, and treated them like fellow human beings for the day instead of holding the criminal browns at spear point until border farce arrived, I feel that's worth encouraging.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1034032933311377411

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Not much to go on, but I haven't seen four corners in a long time and they're usually pretty good.

How quick are they about putting things on iview these days?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2018-08-27/pm-leaves-climate-change-debate-for-another-day-on-drought-tour/10168860

quote:

Standing in front of the microphone in the searing bare heat outside the Tully family's house paddock, the Prime Minister holds up a message of hope.
It is a photo of a lush green paddock, taken on the same barren earth where politicians and the media pack are standing.
The image was taken just two years ago on the same land.
The Tullys are fifth generation farmers, bringing up five children on Bunginderry, their sheep and cattle property outside Quilpie in western Queensland.
The Quilpie region has been drought declared since 2013.
Stephen and Annabel Tully have destocked significantly and they have prepared their property for the dry.
The questions soon round on that of climate change.
Mr Tully wants to make it clear that debate is not his priority as they deal with daily pressures.
"Whether it's not climate change or it is, is completely irrelevant to any of us here. It's still marginal," he says.
"You can't argue any other way. People are hurting now, we need it fixed now."
He also points the family's own records which he believes show this drought is not unusual.

"We've got 100 years of (rainfall) records," Mr Tully says.
"What's happened here, so far, still sits within those records."
The Prime Minister echoed that position.
"I don't think people out here care one way or the other," Mr Morrison said.
"I don't think that's the issue."
When pressed to give a clear answer about whether he believes the prolonged dry period is associated with human-induced climate change, he is more blunt.
"The climate is changing. Everybody knows that," the Prime Minister said.
"I know what you are trying to ask and I don't think that's part of this debate. That's my point.
"If people want to have a debate about that, fine.
"It's not a debate I've participated a lot in, in the past, because I'm practically interested in the policies that will address what is going on here, right now.
"And I'm interested in getting people's electricity prices down, and I'm not terribly interested in engaging in those sorts of debates at this point.
"I understand the arguments about all of that, I understand the positions that are held."

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/matttburke/status/1031446351999946752

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:auspol:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

"debate"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Didn't immediately deny climate change = traitor to the conservative base

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i hate the farmers that get interviewed and they're all "my family have been on this land for five generations and now it doesn't function anymore, woe, woe" and you see their land in the background and it has been completely stripped of trees and pounded into dust by cattle year after year after year for every single year of those five generations. and you know when the rain comes and the grass grows back, they'll just put all those cattle straight back on there, and when the next drought hits they'll be back on tv again

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
loving idiots

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
less trees = more grass = more cows = $$$ durr hurr im a farm

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
"piss off with that fucken kurrajong bulltshit you greenie oval office" i'm trying to HELP you! you STUPID OLD MAN

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

this broken hill posted:

less trees = more grass = more cows = $$$ durr hurr im a farm

hi a farm

im dad

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
He’s inherited from Turnbull the instinctive ability to waffle between both sides to the appeasement of neither.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What kind of immediate help do they want re drought that isn't just a massive cash payout?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

What kind of immediate help do they want re drought that isn't just a massive cash payout?

In NSW they want 400 000 (giga?)litres of water instead of the 15 000 they're getting.

*megalitres http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-27/drought-continues-in-nsw-despite-weekend-rain/10166682

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

JBP posted:

they want rain motherfucker but the fat cats in canberra ain't listening, typical if you ask me

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Starshark posted:

In NSW they want 400 000 (giga?)litres of water instead of the 15 000 they're getting.

Fair enough. I recall a bloke in the 70s wanted to build a big pipeline for these kinds of incidents but I think he was dealing with browns for the money so it didn't go ahead.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Starshark posted:

*megalitres http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-27/drought-continues-in-nsw-despite-weekend-rain/10166682

Drained straight out of the Murray-Darling

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

wew lads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

they only want a cash payout if it means sending less money overseas or on I don't know, muslim schools or some poo poo.

They farmed themselves into this mess like Avs mentioned before, now they can use it as a stick to beat minorities with.

• Locked thread