Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Haifisch posted:

I [21M] am uncomfortable with gf [21F] of two years's music choices during sex

You both sound very immature, OP, so think of it this way: after you break up, you will associate music you never liked anyway with her, which will ease your time moving on. Yay! Good ending!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Haifisch posted:

Both of them have very boring sex music taste.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Blade Runner posted:

The issue is that she utterly lacks interest in sex

How exactly do you define asexual
The issue is that she doesn't initiate. Which again can be a legit relationship problem, but if she were what most people recognize as asexual, she would turn him down when he initiated, she wouldn't be okay with it, she might think it's gross and be upset about it, she would want never to have sex again. None of those things show up in what she wrote.

Otoh she refers to "asexuality in its different forms" and "I’m not sure fully where I fit in on that [asexuality] spectrum." If you look at this asexuality community on the internet, like she's been doing, literally anything short of "I want to gently caress strangers the moment I see them" is on "the asexuality spectrum," so no kidding she sees herself there now that she's looking for it.

I think they're incompatible for sure, but I think her actual issue is just having a somewhat lower sex drive than he does (which is so common it's addressed in every women's magazine), not actually being asexual as non-Tumblr people would understand it.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Haifisch posted:

Dude needs to play crazy frog to get into groove, imo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Get some dark electronica up in that business.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

hawowanlawow posted:

If you're asexual, find another asexual person to be with. Otherwise you're an rear end in a top hat

This is literally the beginning and end of this whole conversation lol

If you're not into sex that's completely cool. For a lot of people, however, sex is a pretty big part of a romantic relationship, and you shouldn't be shocked that people want to date people they're romantically compatible with.

You can have meaningful relationships with people without fuckin them, that's called "being friends"

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

People that need music on to get anything done drive me loving bananas.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Anne Whateley posted:

The issue is that she doesn't initiate. Which again can be a legit relationship problem, but if she were what most people recognize as asexual, she would turn him down when he initiated, she wouldn't be okay with it, she might think it's gross and be upset about it, she would want never to have sex again. None of those things show up in what she wrote.

Otoh she refers to "asexuality in its different forms" and "I’m not sure fully where I fit in on that [asexuality] spectrum." If you look at this asexuality community on the internet, like she's been doing, literally anything short of "I want to gently caress strangers the moment I see them" is on "the asexuality spectrum," so no kidding she sees herself there now that she's looking for it.

I think they're incompatible for sure, but I think her actual issue is just having a somewhat lower sex drive than he does (which is so common it's addressed in every women's magazine), not actually being asexual as non-Tumblr people would understand it.

Just a couple months ago we had a story with an asexual girl who didn't have any interest in sex whatsoever, with anyone, and never had, but she noted she was basically fine with having sex with her boyfriend but just treating it as a boring chore in the same way someone would treat washing dishes or vacuuming

She does not have a "lower" sex drive, she has not been interested in sex for 18 months

(He was not alright with this, to note. She was surprised.)

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

tactlessbastard posted:

People that need music on to get anyone done drive my loving banana.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I figured the music is more to cover over the sound of loving to be less rude to your neighbors/flatmates. :shrug:

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Let’s start with something light

I (25/f) am considering not spending the night at my boyfriend’s (25/m) house anymore because his mom won’t let us sleep in the same room

quote:

u/flounder19601953
First of all, we’ve been dating for 5 years and we live together. His mom has never been okay with us sleeping in the same bed, and even makes a fuss if we’re alone in his bedroom with the door closed during the day. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable when we were 20. Now that we’re 25, I’ve completely had it. I’m sick of being treated like a sneaky teenager.

We’ve tried talking about this rationally with his mom, but she always says that if we want to be “treated like adults” in her home, then we should “make the adult decision” and get married. I’m not ready to get married yet and I’m not going to be bullied into it by some awkward sleeping arrangements. It’s really weird and manipulative. And it really makes me feel like a horny 16-year-old instead of an adult in a committed relationship.

We’re going to visit next month, and I told my boyfriend I’m not going unless we stay at a hotel. I understand that it’s his mom’s house and her rules, but I also understand that I don’t have to stay there if I don’t want to follow those rules.

My boyfriend says he’s not sure about the hotel because it might send “too strong of a message”. I think after five years, it’s time to send a strong message. I want my relationship respected and I want to be treated like an adult. And if I have to stay at a hotel for that to happen, so be it.

Just looking for some outside perspective on this. What do you think?

Tl;dr boyfriend’s mom won’t let us sleep in the same room after 5 years of dating. I feel disrespected and want to start staying in hotels instead

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

chitoryu12 posted:

Both of them have very boring sex music taste.

Agreed. Weird Al Yankovic or GTFO!

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I figured the music is more to cover over the sound of loving to be less rude to your neighbors/flatmates. :shrug:

I had upstairs neighbors once that I could hear having sex frequently and it was absolutely hilarious to me every single time.

But I figure this couple just think if they don't have music playing then it's "less romantic".

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
It’s amazing the rubicons people will construct for themselves.

[NSFW] let boyfriend [24M] do something in bed while I [21F] was drunk and I really regret it

quote:

u/throwawayequalsnull
I'll preface this by saying I don't blame him at all, we were both drunk after going out and I consented. I'm upset with my drunk self basically.

Soooo... I always told my boyfriend of 2 years that I wanted to save my backdoor virginity until marriage. Not for religious reasons or anything like that obviously, just out of personal preference it was something I told myself I didn't want to do until marriage and something I wanted to save for just my husband and I. I wanted to keep some kind of "first" to have.

We went out with friends and got drunk, ended up at a popular sex shop downtown where I got a free "gift" with my lingerie purchase, it was lube specifically for anal.

We get home, start fooling around and he asks to use the lube I say sure one thing leads to another and he asks to do the deed and I say yes.

I woke up the next morning realizing what happened and just feel so bummed out about it. I completely regret it and have these feelings of resentment that I can't shake. I know it's not his fault, we were both drunk and I said yes when he asked. I know it sounds dumb or like not a big deal to a lot of people but I just feel so bummed out over the whole ordeal.

I usually have a very high sex drive but since it happened I have 0 desire to sleep with him and thinking about sex in general kind of upsets me.

I don't want a drunken dumb decision to ruin our relationship but I can't shake the negative feelings I have over the encounter.

TL;DR - let my boyfriend have anal sex with me when I was drunk, regret it completely.

I think you’re going to have to torch the relationship, and see if there’s a ceremony to do recreate your anal virginity.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Milotic posted:

I (25/f) am considering not spending the night at my boyfriend’s (25/m) house anymore because his mom won’t let us sleep in the same room

So for years my dad said my partners weren't permitted to sleep in the same room as me, regardless of how old I was, when I came to visit their home. He always said, "My house, my rules", that sort of deal. When I started dating my husband, after we'd been together for about 8 months, I took him to my parents to introduce them and when my dad tried to pull his shtick, I said no, and if he didn't like it, we'd go to a motel. He caved immediately. This dude is a loving weenie.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Araenna posted:

Most asexual people do feel romantic attraction, and want to be in loving relationships for the same reason everyone else does. I'm not sure why you'd assume that someone not wanting or liking sex means they can't fall in love.

I thought the point of asexual was that they didn't feel attraction to anyone? Otherwise you're just gay/straight/bi with no sex drive? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding asexuals.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Milotic posted:

[NSFW] let boyfriend [24M] do something in bed while I [21F] was drunk and I really regret it

Men only get married so they can buttfuck their wives. She knows the secret.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Milotic posted:

I just feel so bummed out over the whole ordeal. 

Barudak
May 7, 2007

[quote="Milotic" post=""487414137"]
I think you’re going to have to torch the relationship, and see if there’s a ceremony to do recreate your anal virginity.
[/quote]

Madonna’s followup song to like a virgin was not well recieved

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:hmbol: I didnt catch that the first time

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

tactlessbastard posted:

People that need music on to get anything done drive me loving bananas.

Exceptions made for that track that loops in the anarch bar in vampire bloodlines

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Milotic posted:

You fool! People spend money on hormone treatments to feel like horny teenagers again, and all you have to do is go visit your boyfriend's Mom?!

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Another asexual story.

quote:

My (19F) boyfriend (20M) threatened to break up when I asked him to stop making sexual remarks.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 months. We have completely different libidos. He has very high sex drive, I don’t really like touching other people at all. This has resulted in numerous cases of us having sex or laying together when I was quite uncomfortable. We’ve had many, many a discussion as well as argument about how we need to meet in the middle. He says he’ll cut down on asking, will for a few days, then go back to asking every day. I feel as if I can’t say no, because when I do his entire mood changes. He gets sad/irritable, doesn’t talk, and doesn’t really want to be around me anymore. The only time he really compliments me is when I’m naked. He’ll call me cute occasionally, but unless I’m naked the only compliments I get are on my butt or boobs. I sleep in only undies and a t-shirt, so today I woke up, walked past him on the couch to the bathroom then put on some shorts. When I came back to sit with him on the couch, he said “well that’s no fun, why’d you have to put on pants?” “I didn’t really want you to try and have sex with me 10 minutes before you go to work.” He got quite upset, saying “well that’s just another loving thing I have to tiptoe around you with” and talking about how “you ask a million loving things from me, let me just change every thing about my being for you.” I have never asked anything random or bizarre from him. I’ve asked him to clean up after himself, turn off lights/tv, close/lock doors. Yenno, normal things I shouldn’t even have to ask from someone. Aside from the asking him to stop asking for sex every day, and compliment me on something other than my assets, I’ve never really asked anything else of him. I explained this and he still went about how exhausting it is that I ask so much of him. I said, in tears at this point, “if you can’t do one thing I ask of you that makes me uncomfortable then why don’t you just leave?” and he screams “Ve been loving thinking about it” slams the door and leaves. I’ve already packed his stuff, and I’m pretty sure we won’t be together any longer after we’re both off work tonight. He texted me before he went in, saying he doesn’t feel valued, he wishes I complimented him more, and that he doesn’t want to break up.

I’m not too sure what I’m asking from this, maybe just wondering if I am in the right to feel disrespected? Is this a valid reason to break up with someone that you love?

**TL;DR: boyfriend said he’s been thinking about breaking up with me after I asked him to stop making sexual remarks towards me nonstop. Should we break up over this?

Let us compromise and meet in the middle so we can both be unhappy. :dance:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

failing forward posted:

So for years my dad said my partners weren't permitted to sleep in the same room as me, regardless of how old I was, when I came to visit their home. He always said, "My house, my rules", that sort of deal. When I started dating my husband, after we'd been together for about 8 months, I took him to my parents to introduce them and when my dad tried to pull his shtick, I said no, and if he didn't like it, we'd go to a motel. He caved immediately. This dude is a loving weenie.

Yeah my dad tried this when my girlfriend came to start at our house for a week when I was 21. I said no, he didn't care enough to torch our relationship over it, which was the right call by him.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

quote:

I wanted to save my backdoor virginity until marriage.
Who said romance is dead

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Boyfriend (25m) of 1 year wants to travel to Thailand with his primary schoolmates (5f5m)

quote:

u/cactusclaz
Boyfriend is very close with his primary schoolmate somehow (I know, not very common. I can’t even name most of my primary schoolmate but bear with me.) Even his ex is his primary schoolmate who he reconnected when he was in university (who would have thought that hah). Every year they would be a gathering together having dinner or something. However, this year is different. From what my boyfriend mentioned to me, it seems like many within the group are undergoing breakup with their own significant other, and then somehow after a round of discussion, someone suggested to hold a group trip together, to Thailand, to (actual quote)”fix the relationship problems all together”.

I was very perplexed and uncomfortable to the statement when I first heard. If I do not know my boyfriend at all, to be frank, that 100% sounds like a 5-on-5 orgy scene going on. Boyfriend reassured me that’s not the case, it would just be a 2 nights 3 days trip where a bunch of old friends holding hands running to the sunshine etc.

I am not asking whether I should let him go. The problem is, I already told him my concern in a very serious one-on-one fashion, and I have even warned him that if he decides to go eventually, he shall also expect a downturn of our relationship as well after he comes back. However, after a couple day, he seems to think I have all ok with it once I am not talking about it anymore. And he seems to have decided to go anyway, so “not to fall behind of the group”.

Real question: what are my option now? Am I the clingy controlling girlfriend now?

Also please note that this is not a causal relationship between me and my boyfriend. We have seen each other’s family, talked about marriage and are now saving together to buy our house - it is this kind of seriousness I am talking about. But now it just seems to be all air-talks doesnt it

Thank you in advance for all your input.

TLDR - Boyfriend’d like to go on a trip to Thailand with a mixed-gender friend group. Some within which are single and hoping to “fix their relationships” out of this trip. I am worried this might cross my boundary.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

My mom also tried that "you can't sleep in the same room as your long term live in boyfriend!" game but dropped it pretty much as soon as she realized that we'd just stay with my dad then when we visited town.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
You can kind of tell even the olds don't actually believe in the "no premarital sex" thing anymore. It's this weird bit of zombie morality that fits in with nothing nowadays.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A lot of them never believed in it at the first place, it was just lip service.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I don't know how you'd ever stop teenagers loving eachother all the time unless you had some kind of invasive theocracy that would hack you to pieces if you erred. I was told much later in life that my family didn't "approve" of some of my choices (living in sin and so forth) and I couldn't contain my disbelieving laughter. A bunch of old people who got just as sticky as anyone before and after them trying to police behavior. :chillpill:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

quote:

I am not asking whether I should let him go. The problem is, I already told him my concern in a very serious one-on-one fashion, and I have even warned him that if he decides to go eventually, he shall also expect a downturn of our relationship as well after he comes back.

"if you go on this trip you can expect me to be a petty bitch for at least a couple of months when you get back, and it's going to be super awkward"

This form of ultimatum is the the weakest, shittiest and least binding form of ultimatum. Effectively, you are just being a whiny turd.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
That said if I ever had high school aged kids bringing their bfs/gfs over I'd tell them to go gently caress in the bushes.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

edit: didn't refresh

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Wasn't there a summer movie all about a bunch of parents trying to stop their teenagers from having an orgy?

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
1) A good chunk of the subreddits problems would have been solved by no pre-marital sex
2) it’s great training for when you have little ones!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Wasn't there a summer movie all about a bunch of parents trying to stop their teenagers from having an orgy?

I bet I know how it ended.

Everyone chickens out and decides that being with one partner is sometimes plenty. :unsmith:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah we just watched it, it was ok I guess but it wasn't about an orgy.

The kids were just all gonna *eggplant emoji* *peach emoji* after prom. Get it, because kids do the emojis? That was an actual joke in the movie. There were numerous jokes based on emojis, i would say roughly 10 emoji jokes for the parents to laugh at, ya know? Just good clean fun.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Who said romance is dead

No one is going to buttfuck the cow if they can buttfuck the milk

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Taima posted:

Yeah we just watched it, it was ok I guess but it wasn't about an orgy.

The kids were just all gonna *eggplant emoji* *peach emoji* after prom. Get it, because kids do the emojis? That was an actual joke in the movie. There were numerous jokes based on emojis, i would say roughly 10 emoji jokes for the parents to laugh at, ya know? Just good clean fun.

that sounds like it'll age real well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I browsed the Wikipedia summary and it sounds not only bad, but boring. And also bad.