Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

god drat someone replace succ schumer

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1034511056327135232
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1034519956715720705?s=21
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1034520745618096128?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

MonsieurChoc posted:

I don't understand these non-Celsius numbers.

code:
Celsius    Fahrenheit
20         68.0
21         69.8
22         71.6
23         73.4
24         75.2
25         77.0

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol is this another deal where schumer and the democrats get jack poo poo

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_snOFvMX718

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shear Modulus posted:

No, they get Political Capital, which is useful for all sorts of things like

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

He couldn't even get McConnell to agree to rename the stupid building after McCain, the most pointless loving gesture and one which memorializes a piece of poo poo war criminal to boot. Jesus, gently caress, how the gently caress does Schumer keep winning elections?!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chuck Schumer accepts invitations to speak at commencement ceremonies every year and reads the same speech every time.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

https://go.traindemocrats.org/page/s/chelsea-clinton-rfo

hoo boy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
"Really understands how to get things done" is a :redflag: political descriptor

say what you will about Mussolini, that guy made the trains run on time

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Is this push polling by the republicans?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Even with the legal disclaimer at the bottom I can't tell if this is some unaffiliated PAC or official Democratic Party stuff.

How easy is it to just whip up some scam PAC with a dumb donate button and a bunch of buzzwords like this? PACs are so unaccountable, it must be easy to rip people off.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Just voted for several good candidates and I can only pray that snake Stephanie Murphy loses

Also pray 4 Gillum

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Chillgamesh posted:

Even with the legal disclaimer at the bottom I can't tell if this is some unaffiliated PAC or official Democratic Party stuff.

How easy is it to just whip up some scam PAC with a dumb donate button and a bunch of buzzwords like this? PACs are so unaccountable, it must be easy to rip people off.

absurdly easy

republican voters are probably better marks though

THS
Sep 15, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

I don't understand these non-Celsius numbers.

bigger means more hot, smaller means colder

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

loquacius posted:

"Really understands how to get things done" is a :redflag: political descriptor

say what you will about Mussolini, that guy made the trains run on time

look she's served on thousands of boards and wrote a children's book, what more could u ask for

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

knows how to get things done (you buy people off)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Chillgamesh posted:

He couldn't even get McConnell to agree to rename the stupid building after McCain, the most pointless loving gesture and one which memorializes a piece of poo poo war criminal to boot. Jesus, gently caress, how the gently caress does Schumer keep winning elections?!

it's called bipartisanship, sir

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

for being one of the most outspoken voices against trump I have never really seen her speak against him

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Yinlock posted:

for being one of the most outspoken voices against trump I have never really seen her speak against him

she made spinach pancakes, what more do you want

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yinlock posted:

she's outspoken in the second way Kennedy is a rising star for some reason

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

No, they get Political Capital, which is useful for all sorts of things like

a 3rd gen ipod at your local arcade in your dying mall

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Shear Modulus posted:

aka “any deal” i guess

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Succ Schumer learned everything he knows about deals from Art of the Deal

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
if Schumer were up for reelection this year, he'd no doubt have a strong primary challenger pushing him to the left, but of course he's not up until 2022

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1034536601249112064

Usually its the democrats accidentally campaigning for republicans.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Chillgamesh posted:

digging around a bit, it appears to be an unaffiliated PAC

i'm pretty sure it's a grifting scam where their free* campaign lessons give you some vague info that sounds complicated but isn't very useful, and then for further aid they'll either recommend that you hire their consultant buddies or upsell you on "advanced" lessons that cost real money. at the same time, according to FEC filings, they pull in millions of dollars a year in donations by loudly claiming that they're giving free campaign lessons to the #resistance to help build the #bluewave2020 and dethrone Trump

the guy behind it is very shady and used to run a business that did almost exactly the same thing, except it charged for the courses

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Chillgamesh posted:

He's a big fundraiser and he's from New York, which is succdem central.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
wwhy is schumer piss. wwhy schumer is piss #italiano

Honestly I think no one paid any attention to him before. He was always awful, but he was always just kinda... there, a safe vote for democratic stuff and who would never have an exciting election. But now he's in charge and we're all watching him gently caress everything up

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
schumer was perfect for the expected hillary do-nothing presidency, but then trombo won and now hes expected to put up an actual opposition, which lmao were alldoomed piss fuckkk

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

I remember after they turned Libya into a power-vacuum civil-war-ridden human trafficking hell hole by killing Quaddafi, media people said that his son would unite everyone because of the tribal nature of Libyan society requires it. It seems the Democrats require it too, even though this seems like a pretty transparent bid by Hillary to have one more shot at becoming shadow president

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_Civil_War_(2014%96present)

Haven’t heard poo poo about Libya in ages, and decided to look it up. Looks like most of the country is controlled by the guys that the UN didn’t endorse

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Phi230 posted:

Just voted for several good candidates and I can only pray that snake Stephanie Murphy loses

Also pray 4 Gillum

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I wanted to bring up reparations chat. Reparations is first and foremost a recognition by the state and white people of slavery and systemic racism. Any reparations program will ultimately fail if cultural and social change are not included. These are just a few necessary attributes:

1.Slavery and racism need to be a key topic in every american history museum.
2.Slavery and racism need to be a critical aspect of american history starting as early as possible in a child's education. For example, slavery has to be a focus of discussion when talking about the 'founding fathers'. Rebellion and abolition should be the focus, not theories of great white men (think Howard Zinn instead of your run of the mill textbook).
3.Destroy all the confederate statues and replace them abolitionists, civil rights leaders, Malcolm X. Actually just Malcom X.
4.Legalize marijuana, pardon all drug convicts of color and give them first opportunity to set-up businesses.

The list is much longer but you get the point.

The question of "who gets reparations" in terms of material gains is rather boring and concern trolling . A few committees can be set-up to determine who based on various criteria, but basically should include all black people.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chardo is a really good guy and amazing candidate who deserves to be in Congress 1000x more than Murphy

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

NNick posted:

I wanted to bring up reparations chat. Reparations is first and foremost a recognition by the state and white people of slavery and systemic racism. Any reparations program will ultimately fail if cultural and social change are not included. These are just a few necessary attributes:

1.Slavery and racism need to be a key topic in every american history museum.
2.Slavery and racism need to be a critical aspect of american history starting as early as possible in a child's education. For example, slavery has to be a focus of discussion when talking about the 'founding fathers'. Rebellion and abolition should be the focus, not theories of great white men (think Howard Zinn instead of your run of the mill textbook).
3.Destroy all the confederate statues and replace them abolitionists, civil rights leaders, Malcolm X. Actually just Malcom X.
4.Legalize marijuana, pardon all drug convicts of color and give them first opportunity to set-up businesses.

The list is much longer but you get the point.

The question of "who gets reparations" in terms of material gains is rather boring and concern trolling . A few committees can be set-up to determine who based on various criteria, but basically should include all black people.

sounds good also john brown that guy was a badass

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah i want some john brown statues

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

john brown is good because people have a gut reaction that he was bad and crazy but then you have to stop and think like "why was trying to overthrow the slaveocracy bad when he did it but good when the union did it a few years later"

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Reparations for bringing people into the USA for forced labor, resulting in their progeny being able to grow up in the richest nation on earth (who would otherwise be in Africa)? That's a good one.

Let's see who, in current day Africa, would literally sell themselves into slavery if it meant their children could grow up in the USA. Oh, that's over the total immigration quota across all countries in the world? Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

baquerd posted:

Reparations for bringing people into the USA for forced labor, resulting in their progeny being able to grow up in the richest nation on earth (who would otherwise be in Africa)? That's a good one.

Let's see who, in current day Africa, would literally sell themselves into slavery if it meant their children could grow up in the USA. Oh, that's over the total immigration quota across all countries in the world? Huh.

vilerat?? i thought you died in benghazi??