Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

every time i see something from Kirkman i'm reminded of her being on an episode of Never Not Funny podcast back in like, 2009, talking about how she believed the government killed John Lennon. she buys any dumbass conspiracy theory and she has for a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
https://twitter.com/rizzoTK/status/1034460507879731200?s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rubin'd!

Serf
May 5, 2011

hahahahahahaha

no, its not the fact that capitalism is failing, no sir

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Serf posted:

hahahahahahaha

no, its not the fact that capitalism is failing, no sir

A few years ago he was arguing that history wasn't over because the Chinese are going to genetically engineer away liberalism. He's pretty much just been grasping at straws since 9/11.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I can think of no better indictment of modern journalism than anyone still talking to Francis goddamned Fukuyama.

Wait never mind I can think of a bunch. But he still sucks, is my point

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

I had to read this shithead in undergrad and it was so, so wrong even 10 years ago.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Poco posted:

I had to read this shithead in undergrad and it was so, so wrong even 10 years ago.

He was talking about the End of History before I was born, and even then educated people were rolling their eyes at him. It was always jerk-off material.

Dec 26, 2012

hahahaha oh my god

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Imagine you wrote a career defining book that immediately got proven completely wrong forever but you still needed to pretend it was real on order to save face.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

can't say this isn't what Shinzo Abe deserves

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Abe is bankrolled by Toshio Motoya who is Japanese Trump down to the brainworms and shady hotel deals and it loving rules that he's making Abe play nice in the hopes that Trump will give him a nuke.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

can't say this isn't what Shinzo Abe deserves

Wasn't Abe's big plan to be America's sidekick in empire?

Woops!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

it's cool how even an ignorant reactionary moron can make more of the correct FP calls on average by accident than all the acela experts.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/michaelianblack/status/1034401081193836544

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1034494265165012992

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

"serve their time" :thunk:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Bushiz posted:

Abe is bankrolled by Toshio Motoya who is Japanese Trump down to the brainworms and shady hotel deals and it loving rules that he's making Abe play nice in the hopes that Trump will give him a nuke.

Dude's got some hot takes himself

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/06/03/national/apa-hotels-wont-remove-books-deny-1937-rape-nanking-olympics/#.W4W2Z-hKhhE posted:

In his latest book, entitled “The Real History of Japan: Japan Pride,” Motoya says the “so-called Nanking Massacre story” is “fabricated” and blames looting and killings in the city on members of the Chinese army.

“The Japanese army merely exposed and put to death the plainclothes soldiers (guerrillas) who abandoned their uniforms, stole the garments of regular citizens, and were hiding in the refugee zone with weapons and ammunition,” he wrote in the book, printed in English and Japanese.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/02/14/national/apa-fire-time-anti-semitic-remarks/#.W4W2ZehKhhE posted:

In the February edition of the group’s magazine Apple Town, provided to guests at Canada’s Coast Hotels, Apa Hotels founder Toshio Motoya is quoted as saying: “Jewish people control American information, finance, and laws, and they benefit greatly from globalization because they move their massive profits to tax havens so they don’t have to pay any taxes. Many Jewish people support the Democratic Party.”

The real estate entrepreneur made the comments in an article bearing the subtitle: “An American counteroffensive against Jewish globalism.” This was part of an interview under the broader title of “Trump’s Presidency is an Opportunity for Constitutional Reform,” focused on the election of U.S. president Donald Trump and what it means for Japan.

Motoya was forced to issue a statement after Jewish groups in Canada demanded that Coast Hotels, owned by the APA Group, remove the offending material. The hotel chain got rid of the magazines and apologized while Motoya issued a statement that was posted on the website of the Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver.

“It is very unfortunate that my writings gave you an erroneous impression that I hold anti-Semitic beliefs,” Motoya said.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

abe himself of course has also denied wartime japenese atrocities wrt abducted sex slaves but i dunno if hes gone and denied the rape of nanking (yet)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The guy who composes the Dragon Quest soundtracks denies the rape of Nanking

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
to be fair he didn’t say he disliked Jews, he could be admiring their secret control of American finance and politics

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

this reminds me that in the original version of Angel Cop, the bad guys were actually the Jews who ruled America. so the communist terrorists in the beginning of the series were really working for the Jews.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Atrocious Joe posted:

Dude's got some hot takes himself

He looks like racist American ww2 propaganda

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Motoya puts copies of his books of totally unhinged conspiracy theory ranting in every one of his hotel rooms like a Gideon Bible in English and Japanese and if you find yourself in an APA hotel you can peruse the Japanese angle on the "Barack Obama worked as a gay prostitute" take.

He is really just very mad that Japan doesn't have nuclear weapons.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Japan came out of WWII like America came out of the Civil War, which is to say nothing changed in terms of the levers of power but they had to play pretend. Like three quarters of the Japanese legislature is the descendant of Imperial beaurocrats.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds like he wants to make Japan Great Again and light a fire under the rear end of all these depressed freeloaders killing the economy and culture

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bushiz posted:

Japan came out of WWII like America came out of the Civil War, which is to say nothing changed in terms of the levers of power but they had to play pretend. Like three quarters of the Japanese legislature is the descendant of Imperial beaurocrats.

Well all of eastern europe has recently shown that you don't even have to play pretend anymore since the western libs are too shell shocked and/or scared of Russia to actually react against it. You can go as right wing as you want and everybody will just pretend that it's not as bad as it looks.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bushiz posted:

if I'm not mistaken, Shinzo Abe's dad was literally the military governor of occupied Manchuria, who was already jailed for war crimes until MacArthur let him go

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

if I'm not mistaken, Shinzo Abe's dad was literally the military governor of occupied Manchuria, who was already jailed for war crimes until MacArthur let him go

lol

is there a single country america conqured where we executed or locked up forever the leadership like a conquering power is supposed to

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

gradenko_2000 posted:

That was his maternal great-uncle; his dad was a longtime Diet member though

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

lol

is there a single country america conqured where we executed or locked up forever the leadership like a conquering power is supposed to

Germany, but only because the soviets made us and after we already evacuated the ones we really liked.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

well we toppled the iraqi government, just need to kill saddam, im sure all the rest of the baath party leaders wont immediately form an insurgency

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

well we toppled the iraqi government, just need to kill saddam, im sure all the rest of the baath party leaders wont immediately form an insurgency

the Baath party leaders were ostensibly willing to play along and cooperate with the occupying government ...

... until Paul Bremer decided to fire them all!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm guessing Motoya has some scorching hot takes regarding Brazilian people.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shear Modulus posted:

Prolly didn't help that we fired the entire military.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Invading powers have often left local government intact while taking the heads of just the people at the top. If you already have people who know how to run a place...

also, firing whole armies at a time has always been a bad move

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pirate Radar posted:

Invading powers have often left local government intact while taking the heads of just the people at the top. If you already have people who know how to run a place...

also, firing whole armies at a time has always been a bad move

Saudis suggested that we shoot the top two levels of every government institution and then move all their subordinates up.

Practically speaking, the Saudis were right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Ork of Fiction posted:

Remember that time that every liberal woman in America was humiliated by Hillary Clinton losing the Presidential race to Donald J Trump, so they started demanding that lynch mobs defend their honor like it was 1950 and a black boy had just whistled at them?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)