Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zandar posted:

The character in 4pkly is definitely a small l. The mistake you've actually made is that the "straight" I is almost certainly a capital i.

:cripes:

You're right, once I changed all of the characters that didn't have the bottom little nub shifted to the right over to an I from an l, the password GOBBOSDROOL worked. So the actual code is

code:
EnCt28c713a2b
7467cebc4ac080c4a1c996d
04bf4bda18c713a2b7467ce
bc4ac080c4Mwlo6Im36gK

M50G6Glvs6lI6nq4pklyFNg
==IwEmS
With the password "GOBBOSDROOL" the code deciphers to "ORCZ RULE!!"

....which is not the correct password to Project 2.

Dammit

e: dammit the password was just "ORCZ RULE" without the exclamation marks lmao

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Okay. Project 2 is this.

https://www.normalhuman.business/project-2

Password is "ORCZ RULE"

On that page, the story is on a frame which has this data located in it.

quote:

<!-- You didn't think that was all I had for you, did you? My children await you.

https://safemess.com/?r=uBOrIPJFc9lI

egNkwb+KHlvFVjlOpEXiiakC505E6bd0vT+1l8kzDxuxuQ==
-->

So I need another password. I tried GOBBOSDROOL but through experimentation I've found that GOBB and GOBBOSDROOLORCZ RULE all work as passwords but none of them actually return text that is uhh readable. For example, GOBBOSDROOL just returns the text as

quote:

»rä¼J }Ða9@tÀ‘AÓO=J[ è

so I think there's some kind of password on that page itself or within the text and I just need to puzzle that part out next.

Lacerda
Apr 20, 2004

If you're still stuck, I believe the password was "Re'elts" and this message follows:

The numbers are 7177399832

Good luck on your ARG!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lacerda posted:

If you're still stuck, I believe the password was "Re'elts" and this message follows:

The numbers are 7177399832

Good luck on your ARG!

Oh thank God. It's obvious in hindsight but I tried the other 2 names before I got to that one and I figured "ok this isn't going anywhere"

That's a phone number. LIMM picked up and gave me a new address to go to.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So the phone number leads to an automated voice message from LIMM saying to go to https://normalhuman.business/1518319

This page

Oh my god

No clue what's going on here though.

The "607 : 30" is a clock, and given how it increments, I can only assume the clock has been running since

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Whether that's important or not is another thing entirely. I didn't see anything in its frame info.

The text I'm confused about as well. No idea what

REDACTED

could be. There's also the number on the license plate,

2Z77767

but I don't know if that's part of this or not either

Edit: wait poo poo, that's not a clock, that's a countdown timer.

Which means it'll be done on

Tuesday, September 22, 2018

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 28, 2018

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008
That looks like map co-ordinate format. The letters go from A to J, which is the tenth letter, so they probably correspond to 0-9 in some way. Dunno if it's just a straight map or hinted at by something else, though.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I don't know whether to be glad or sad that this will be solved before mine arrives in the mail.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zandar posted:

That looks like map co-ordinate format. The letters go from A to J, which is the tenth letter, so they probably correspond to 0-9 in some way. Dunno if it's just a straight map or hinted at by something else, though.

Hmm

Yeah I thought coordinates too but I was just doing straight up A1Z26, so but 410 isn't a proper coordinate. So if it's actually A0Z25 then that would work since J is the highest value letter there.

so REDACTED would become....

REDACTED

Which leads to this

REDACTED

idk if that's right though

e: well I thought maybe there is an event happening at that location when the timer reaches 0, so I looked up events in REDACTED and wouldn't you know it THEY'RE HOLDING A TOWN HALL MEETING THAT DAY

Which obviously is the answer to this part of the puzzle. Clearly Limm is going to be part of that town hall meeting. Obvs.

e: I have been asked to edit out any references to a place that people are not supposed to go to, so please do not go to a place that I have removed from this post

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 28, 2018

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

quote:

You didn't think that was all I had for you, did you? My children await you.

Is that... a Shodan quote?

Mouzer
May 9, 2006
Feed the fish!

I'm not involved with Orc Star ( I regret this now), but this adventure is amazing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The supposed coordinate codes on the page have ~mysteriously changed~ to

DJ.ABCJII -HH.BAFDFA

aka

39.012988 -77.105350

These new coordinates point to the following area

https://goo.gl/maps/Qwm1Tp8fTLv

Maplewood Alta Vista Local Park in Montgomery County, Maryland

So I'm guessing that there will be some event there at the date posted earlier.

Sorry I've been cluttering up the thread with ARG stuff

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
This is fascinating though.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

FirstAidKite posted:

The supposed coordinate codes on the page have ~mysteriously changed~ to

DJ.ABCJII -HH.BAFDFA

aka

39.012988 -77.105350

These new coordinates point to the following area

Maplewood Alta Vista Local Park in Montgomery County, Maryland

So I'm guessing that there will be some event there at the date posted earlier.

Sorry I've been cluttering up the thread with ARG stuff

God I hope it's this one, that's only 30 minutes from me!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Alright, I've tried to make any necessary changes to previous posts that had incorrect info, so here's a sorta errata (is that the right term) post to clarify stuff.

Ok, so it says Limm is waiting.

The text underneath is a set of coordinates that directs you to here

I hosed up earlier, I was using a time calculator website and I ended up typing in the numbers wrong. Instead of the (at that time) 607, I typed 670. So the current hours remaining are 605:57 which means the exact time of the event will be...

So to make this absolutely clear, unless I have hosed up somewhere yet again, the event will be on September 22nd at around 4:00 PM est and it will be at the Alta Vista Park in Maryland.

Hopefully I've gotten everything correct. I've been told that I solved the ARG but I only just realized I hosed up the date and that'd be a terrible thing if people saw it and missed it because of me loving up typing some numbers in.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
But what's the significance of 4:13:55?!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Anniversary posted:

But what's the significance of 4:13:55?!

To be perfectly honest, I've been getting various different results because I don't know the exact time the timer is on, but I find that the meetup time seems to be very very very close to 4:20 est

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Ah poo poo, I'll be in Denver on the 22nd. No fun park ARG for this Rad 80s Orc Stabr.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thank you everyone who helped me puzzle out the solutions to this ARG, thank you to the creators of ORC STABR for the neat and successful kickstarter game as well as for making the surprise ARG, and thank you to all of the people who backed ORC STABR to make it a reality so that they could make such an interesting product and a fun little ARG to go alongside it. :)

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
This is absolutely not what I expected from a $20 KS for half a sheet of paper.

Amazing.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

potatocubed posted:

This is absolutely not what I expected from a $20 KS for half a sheet of paper.

Amazing.

I pledged for the higher reward tier and I regret not giving twice as much. This is awesome.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I'm regretting just going in for a couple of bucks. This started funny, but holy poo poo.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Holy cow, guys.

I hope mine is in the mail today.

This has been epic. I love reading through people solving puzzles like this.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Hey, ya'll are amazing. Reading these past 2 pages has been probably the greatest sense of validation I've ever gotten. We spent a lot of time worrying about folks "getting" this whole nonsense, so, thank you all for that. Big smiles all around Sandy Pug HQ right now.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

dwarf74 posted:

Holy cow, guys.

I hope mine is in the mail today.

This has been epic. I love reading through people solving puzzles like this.

Yeah, I'm also going to be checking the mail today with great anticipation. (And hoping someone does a trip report for whatever's going down next!)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Got my Orc Stabr today, the Rare Dice Edition.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

apparently I got just the regular edition. On the other hand, there's a giant orc poo.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Much thanks and congrats to Limm and his helpers.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I'm 90% sure I set my mailing location for Orc Stabr as my work, and I quit yesterday, so this adds an extra level to the ARG for me.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

rydiafan posted:

I'm 90% sure I set my mailing location for Orc Stabr as my work, and I quit yesterday, so this adds an extra level to the ARG for me.

Sounds like you have your first campaign ready to go.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bad news for international backers, because the US postal system is awful at sending things to not the US, we miss out on the Orc Army pins :(

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Given how amazing they've been about everything so far in the campaign (including contacting me about my above post like 40 seconds after I posted it) my guess is that if anybody super wanted a pin internationally and was willing to pay that extra shipping they could get one.

Obviously not an official statement, but if you're $15 heartbroken about the pin I'd ask.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

It doesn't look like I got a monster card with mine, unfortunately. On the plus side, I have SCENTED Orc Stabr! (It smells like school supplies.)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I got the Sleepy edition with bonus Dallas ending!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Bad news for international backers, because the US postal system is awful at sending things to not the US, we miss out on the Orc Army pins :(

Yeah, I'm kinda heartbroken about this, but we are including some extra bits for international people to make up for it - extra monster cards is the current thing.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

I RECEIVE ORC STUBR

YES STUBR ULL A'S URE NOW U'S

ULSO LIMM ORC URMY PIN UND BONUS HUNT: ELF STUB

SUNDY PUG GUMES YOU BEST HUMUNS

LOVE, STEVE THE LEVEL 20 FIGHTER

Link43130
Apr 13, 2009
Got my copy of Orc Stabr!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I didn't get mine today, I hope it comes soon and didn't get delayed/stolen/sent to the wrong address somehow. :ohdear:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Hell yes, my stabring package arrived in the mail!

But wait! Look closer!

No, not at that cool stabrable thing.

The printing press Limm stole from those gobbos is full of snakes. Despite this hardship he still sent me well more than $20 worth of reward for his orcy Kickstarter. Be careful Limm! Snakes!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Leraika posted:

I didn't get mine today, I hope it comes soon and didn't get delayed/stolen/sent to the wrong address somehow. :ohdear:

I wouldn't sweat it just yet, I mailed out all the people who said they'd be at GenCon+maybe 50 others on Friday, then the rest of Domestic on Tuesday. I expect the vast majority of people will be getting their copies today or tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So the Mint Works/Mint Delivery Kickstarter is looking more and more like mismanaged trash. Some people got some of their stuff, but getting replacements for missing things has gone from "email us" to "fill out a parts replacement form" to "contact the shipping manager" to "contact a different team at the shipping manager" to "use a separate form with the shipping manager, they don't actually check email"