Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

jivjov posted:

So the Mint Works/Mint Delivery Kickstarter is looking more and more like mismanaged trash. Some people got some of their stuff, but getting replacements for missing things has gone from "email us" to "fill out a parts replacement form" to "contact the shipping manager" to "contact a different team at the shipping manager" to "use a separate form with the shipping manager, they don't actually check email"

Guess I'm a lucky one that got my Mint Works/Delivery combo weeks ago without issue. I guess their latest update was 'whoops we accidentally provided kickstarters email, not the correct one, please stop emailing them'? Kind of funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Well, I guess I'm not getting Gattaibushido any time soon.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Hooray, it came!

Sadly, it came with a hole in the envelope and no pin, but the game came and that's what matters!!!!

It also came with a beginner friendly module, ELF STAB.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

So, not to spoil anything, but theres a fair number of those weird esoteric ones that I really enjoyed making. Glad to see it in the wild.

Sorry that the pin fell out(????), did you get a Monster Card too? I sent you a PM, happy to mail stuff again - same if anyone else sees this and is missing a part of the game, let me know and I'll send replacements asap.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
That pin was an ORC at heart and STABR'D its way to freedom. Probably an ORC CHIEF by now

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Is everyone supposed to get a monster card?

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Well, I guess I'm not getting Gattaibushido any time soon.
Was Motobushido good?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Everybody who backed, $2 or $10, should get the following;
-The game, or half of it
-A monster card
-A pin
-Two business cards
-An adventure set

If you're missing any of these, please message me or email me (sandypuggames @ gmail) and I'll send out replacements. I'm low on monster cards so those might take a lil bit but I have bunches of everything else.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

i hope you know this is the best kickstarter that's ever been run and its existence justifies kickstarter's

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

i hope you know this is the best kickstarter that's ever been run and its existence justifies kickstarter's
Not an empty quote

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Here's mine, complete with BATORC!

It's the best $2 I've ever spent.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

I don't know about all that, but the last few days in this thread have kinda made the last 3 years of games design worth it.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

I'm going to eternally regret not backing at the full page level.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

LongDarkNight posted:

I'm going to eternally regret not backing at the full page level.

It's not quite Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, but it was also $10 and not $2 million. I hope mine comes today!

homullus fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 29, 2018

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I missed out on orc stabr, but if there is ever a second stabr, say if the orcs find more things to stab, I'm in.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Chill la Chill posted:

I missed out on orc stabr, but if there is ever a second stabr, say if the orcs find more things to stab, I'm in.

orc stabrr, the stabrring

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

We've talked a bit about ideas for a sequel, but I'm not super convinced it needs to happen - feels like it'd spoil the 'joke' a little bit. Maybe we'll have Limm come back someday though.

My name KS is the game teased by that ARG thing, and I'll be talking more about it soonish, but the ARG page kinda sums up the whole idea

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I don't think a sequel would be doable. Lightning in a bottle, you know?

You could definitely do stuff in a similar vein but do stuff that's new rather than trying to recapture the power of ORC STABR directly.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

We've talked a bit about ideas for a sequel, but I'm not super convinced it needs to happen - feels like it'd spoil the 'joke' a little bit. Maybe we'll have Limm come back someday though.

My name KS is the game teased by that ARG thing, and I'll be talking more about it soonish, but the ARG page kinda sums up the whole idea

You can talk about it now, if now is good. It's an intriguing image.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Absolutely my thoughts too. So much of Orc Stabr kinda relied on it not being something very common on the platform. The magic goes away if Limm Ghomizar is posting a new game every couple of months.

homullus posted:

You can talk about it now, if now is good. It's an intriguing image.

Sure, I have a few podcasts I was hoping to interview on about it but ya'll have always gotten that Sweet Sandy Pug Games Exclusives.

Americana is something we've been working on for a while, its a game about investigating the death of your close friend, in a 1950s small town America, with fantasy elements, so like how Shadowrun does Corporate Dystopia With Elves, we're doing High School Murder Mystery with Orcs.

There's a lot going on with the game, we have a mechanic called Your Dead Friend where the murder victim is a character that you build up throughout play by doing small sort of flashback scenes, we have a pretty cool town building process that makes a bunch of really neat locations, NPCs, gangs and the like. We have this time management subsystem that captures that whole "Ok, who is free to hang out this weekend?" thing so integral to being a teenager in a way that's also genuinely really fun and makes for some cool stories. The art and world building is just killer and hopefully something that will vibe with a lot of folks the way it does me and my team.

Otherwise we're working on getting a quick rules set ready in the next month or so, so it won't be long before we'll be showing it off in preparation for the kickstarter.

Here's an Orc in a letterman jacket;

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 29, 2018

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

You can't be STABR'd twice.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Frog fractions was amazing, the sequel meh, so I agree.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

You could put Limm in several different settings, with different themes, but common mechanics. Call it GORPS.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
While I don't know if I need a direct sequel, I think the idea of a letter with fun surprises and an RPG in it is a cool one.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’ve backed 200+ things on KS, but I didn’t read about Stabr in time. I am shamed and sad.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Subjunctive posted:

I’ve backed 200+ things on KS, but I didn’t read about Stabr in time. I am shamed and sad.

I can mail you a lovely black and white, askew photocopy of mine...that seems to be in the spirit of Orc Stabr

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

jivjov posted:

I can mail you a lovely black and white, askew photocopy of mine...that seems to be in the spirit of Orc Stabr

I, NemesisOfMoles, being of sound mind and body, hereby approve the heck out of this

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Americana is something we've been working on for a while, its a game about investigating the death of your close friend, in a 1950s small town America, with fantasy elements, so like how Cyberpunk does Corporate Dystopia With Elves, we're doing High School Murder Mystery with Orcs.

Honestly, I would probably back this concept entirely on its own merits. Orc Stabr and the ARG are just icing on the cake.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Antivehicular posted:

Honestly, I would probably back this concept entirely on its own merits. Orc Stabr and the ARG are just icing on the cake.
:agreed:

Hell, has anyone done a High School Murder Mystery without Orcs game yet? It seems like it's an unfilled niche.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Yvonmukluk posted:

:agreed:

Hell, has anyone done a High School Murder Mystery without Orcs game yet? It seems like it's an unfilled niche.

Bubblegumshoe exists, yes.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah Bubblegumshoe is probably the closest thing to what we're doing.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Orc Stabr is the feel-good Kickstarter of 2018.

Antivehicular posted:

:agreed: x 2

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just feel bad because I feel like I might've spoiled the fun of doing the ARG for a lot of people :sweatdrop:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Not to be too hand of God or anything, but people can still participate. That's why there's a big button for uploading and sharing your copy of orc stabr on the page.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
I've never regretted missing a Kickstarter more than Orc Stabbr and of there's some way I can still throw money at you to support it please let me know

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

jivjov posted:

A very kind offer, but I think I can just get the shared stuff from the site.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

I thought I backed Orc Stabr at the "pdf only" level.

I guess I backed it at the "Spendy Orc" level. So I guess I gots some neat stuff coming at the mail in the future. While I may have missed on the ARG bits, that I helped get Orc Stabr (and apparently this "50s High School Shadowun to avenge our Dead Friend RPG") backed, makes me feel good. Congrats everyone.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Captain_Person posted:

I've never regretted missing a Kickstarter more than Orc Stabbr and of there's some way I can still throw money at you to support it please let me know

Well, shucks. You can actually get Orc Stabrs PDF and it's audio book at DriveThru, if you like - https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/248389/Orc-Stabr

Or you could just keep an eye out for Americana, when that kicks off. Thanks so much for your kind words everyone

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

FirstAidKite posted:

I just feel bad because I feel like I might've spoiled the fun of doing the ARG for a lot of people :sweatdrop:

Only way I get to experience these is vicariously so I'm good. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

FirstAidKite posted:

You post enthusiastically and it's fun.