Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
would reaching out to working class voters solve racism?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

the bitcoin of weed posted:

https://twitter.com/fineout/status/1034807541061111809?s=19

DeSantis is a Harvard Law graduate and my lib friends can't square that with the fact he's also a shiteating chud

https://twitter.com/stevemorris__/status/1034800249985003521

Hooray for video evidence!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Would electing A. Gillum end racism?

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

DeSantis is a Harvard Law graduate and my lib friends can't square that with the fact he's also a shiteating chud

Liberals can't view racism as anything other than a function of education and class. All uneducated poor whites are racist. DeSantis as a Ivy educated lawyer, by a function of their world view, can't be racist so the fact that he is breaks their brains.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

also calls him “articulate” and “charismatic”

nah
Mar 16, 2009

this guy loves Trump a lot so of course he's going to immediately put his foot in his mouth

and much like Trump, the voting base for him won't give an absolute gently caress. in fact they will cheer him on as the media "piles on" for his "definitely not racist" comment

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

yo that's not a dog whistle that's a vuvuzela

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lmao not 12 hours into the governor's race the chud is calling his black opponent a monkey

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

nah posted:

this guy loves Trump a lot so of course he's going to immediately put his foot in his mouth

and much like Trump, the voting base for him won't give an absolute gently caress. in fact they will cheer him on as the media "piles on" for his "definitely not racist" comment

It'll certainly be interesting to compare this with George Allen's famous campaign-ending use of a similar racial slur (to refer to someone in the audience at a campaign appearance) when running for Senate against C-SPAM favorite/murderer Jim Webb.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

nah posted:

oh yeah if we had 'before' numbers to compare this would only make him do better in polling, Florida Republicans are insanely racist

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I almost called Webb a war criminal but I'm saving that for when he dies.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
If i have to see this then so do you
https://twitter.com/jkfecke/status/1034841805584564224

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

do they know that ted cruz also went to harvard law

and that donald trump is also an ivy league graduate

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

From all I hear of Florida democrats they are so bad it's not surprising a leftist stomped them.

Yeah, it's this.

last time around they ran a former republican governor against the current one. lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Yeah, it's this.

last time around they ran a former republican governor against the current one. lmao

wait till you hear what the national dems did in the 2016 presidential race

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Yeah, it's this.

did it work? did they ride the wave of impassioned Moderate Republicans coming out and voting for a guy who crossed the aisle to victory?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

wow, what an excellent campaigner who really knows his prospective voter base

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1034849677521379328?s=21

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

TONIGHT cuomo v nixon who’a watchin

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

ill watch the highlight reel

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Beto O'Rourke looks like a skinny Rick Santorum.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Venom Snake posted:

If one of the giant Antarctic ice shelves break off the entire state will be under the ocean very fast

Hurricanes will probably make it impossible to live here first tho

pages ago but I'm feeling irritated and pedantic (about other things, not the succ zone)

the problem isn't the ice shelves (which float over the ocean) because ice melting doesn't really make water rise (your glass of mostly ice soda doesn't overflow as it melts)

the problem is glaciers melting / sliding into the ocean, and also the fact the oceans are absorbing so much thermal energy that literally thermal expansion of the seawater is causing sealevel to rise

no salt on my fries, yes I will pull over and wait thank you

nah
Mar 16, 2009

the Republicans had a larger turnout over Democrats last night in Florida but let's compare to the last few primary elections in FL

2008 (president): Rep 10% higher
2010 (governor): Rep 33% higher
2014 (governor): Rep 12% higher
2016 (president): Rep 28% higher
2018 (governor): Rep 7% higher

also of note: in 2016, 2014, and 2010, despite this, Republicans only had 2% higher turnout in general election each year. in 2008, Obama won outright by 5%. there's a poo poo load of independents here that vote Democrat

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rastor posted:

pages ago but I'm feeling irritated and pedantic (about other things, not the succ zone)

the problem isn't the ice shelves (which float over the ocean) because ice melting doesn't really make water rise (your glass of mostly ice soda doesn't overflow as it melts)

the problem is glaciers melting / sliding into the ocean, and also the fact the oceans are absorbing so much thermal energy that literally thermal expansion of the seawater is causing sealevel to rise

no salt on my fries, yes I will pull over and wait thank you

THIs is what I was referring too, I used ice shelf instead of glacier. Apologies

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

this is a democratesque self-own from the texas GOP

https://twitter.com/TexasGOP/status/1034580157707759621

Texas gop is kinda weird because they’ve done well in a state that has a large amount of minorities but it’s been so one party for a long time that they’ve never really had any competition. so I guess the senate race comes down to who’s more incompetent and by god will i not bet against the dems on that one.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

:munch::munch::munch::munch::munch::munch::munch::munch:

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1034852817926684673

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

:eyepoop:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

wow that's a cheap case! figured dropped charges would run you at least 50k these days

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao he’s so fucken bad

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Oh man, right before the debate, too.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
how can someone be this loving bad at being a corrupt politician

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

jesus he can't even get a decent amount for being corrupt

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

who wants some SUCC ZONE
https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/1034864991525060609?s=19

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Cuomo is just the worst, hope he gets filleted

As much as I'd like to hope that was a macaca moment for DeSantis, the election is far enough away and the chud base is openly racist enough that it won't completely derail his campaign. But his previous work supports the theory that he will eventually quadruple down and self-destruct.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Agean90 posted:

jesus he can't even get a decent amount for being corrupt

nah, he's just planning to make it up in volume from repeat customers

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ElNarez posted:

how can someone be this loving bad at being a corrupt politician

Part of being that powerful is that you don't need to bother hiding your corruption because you're invulnerable, right up until the point you're not.

We'll see if Cuomo has hit that point yet.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

LGD posted:

nah, he's just planning to make it up in volume from repeat customers

if your just doing low level poo poo sure, but when your govenor it's just dumb to keep acting like your just starting out. that level of grift is bespoke and he should have acted like it

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

from last year

Obama’s Inner Circle Is Urging Deval Patrick to Run

quote:

Barack Obama is nudging him to run. His inner circle is actively encouraging it. Obama world’s clear and away 2020 favorite is sitting right here, on the 38th floor of the John Hancock Building, in a nicely decorated office at Bain Capital.

And Deval Patrick has many thoughts on what he says is Donald Trump’s governing by fear and a dishonest pitch for economic nostalgia, while encouraging a rise in casual racism and ditching any real commitment to civil rights.

Obama strategist David Axelrod has had several conversations with Patrick about running, and eagerly rattles off the early primary map logic: small-town campaign experience from his 2006 gubernatorial run that will jibe perfectly with Iowa, neighbor-state advantage in New Hampshire and the immediate bloc of votes he’d have as an African-American heading into South Carolina.

Valerie Jarrett, Obama’s close adviser and friend, says that a President Patrick is what “my heart desires.”

David Simas, Obama’s political director in the White House and now the CEO of his foundation, used to be Patrick’s deputy chief of staff and remains perhaps his biggest fan on the planet.

Obama himself—who is personally close to Patrick, and counts him among the very small group of people whom he thinks has actual political talent—has privately encouraged him to think about it, among others.

quote:

Obama veterans light up at the mention of Patrick's name. In self-assurance, style and politics, they see the former Massachusetts governor as a perfect match, the natural continuation of Obama’s legacy.

“If you were to poll 100 notable Obama alumni, the only two people who would win that 2020 straw poll right now are [Joe] Biden and Patrick,” said one former senior White House aide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol literally taking a bribe from weinstein