Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I mean, what are the odds that all of the tendons and ligaments in his leg explode for no reason at all...again?

His knee has definitely matured since its wild younger days. It understands protections now and the game has slowed down for it. So I don't see that happening again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The thing with Teddy's trade value is that while he demonstrated he was a starting caliber QB before his injury... he wasn't a particularly good one. He had an okay rookie season, then in 2015 was the 21st ranked QB by DVOA and threw all of 14 TD passes. I think this deal was perfectly great for both sides, and maybe Teddy has a Steve Young-esque career in him, but unless he develops significantly, he's in that tier of QB's that need a lot of surrounding talent to be good, which tends to get head coaches fired.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1034963385467772928

e;

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jimmy Haslam is really tough on white collar crime.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Only crime was he didn’t get more than one mil.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Jimmy Haslam is really tough on white collar crime.

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1034964225582669829

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

The thing with Teddy's trade value is that while he demonstrated he was a starting caliber QB before his injury... he wasn't a particularly good one. He had an okay rookie season, then in 2015 was the 21st ranked QB by DVOA and threw all of 14 TD passes. I think this deal was perfectly great for both sides, and maybe Teddy has a Steve Young-esque career in him, but unless he develops significantly, he's in that tier of QB's that need a lot of surrounding talent to be good, which tends to get head coaches fired.

I don't get why the saints traded for a marginal QB. Why prepare for getting hosed?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

hifi posted:

I don't get why the saints traded for a marginal QB. Why prepare for getting hosed?

Because he's still pretty good on a team that could easily end up competing for a SB this year or next, and he's a much better option filling in if Brees gets a short term injury or could even Nick Foles it up in a miracle run if everything breaks right.

And going forward, it's better to have a starting QB then not have one, a good enough QB can have you competing for the playoffs and sometimes you draft really well for a couple years, make the right moves in Free agency, and can win the Superbowl with an average QB. And you get to look at him over the next two years to determine if you want to use him as your starter going forward.

Considering Brees's age, I think all that's worth a 3rd round pick.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Despite his idiocy that’s a terrible move

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Kalli posted:

Because he's still pretty good on a team that could easily end up competing for a SB this year or next, and he's a much better option filling in if Brees gets a short term injury or could even Nick Foles it up in a miracle run if everything breaks right.

Ahem

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1034519786984681472

About time

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lmaaoooo that avi

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Lmfao its a mod avatar too

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If he doesn't go to prison please sign him Tennessee

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can’t believe you all would needle Ross like this in these incredibly trying times.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Aaron Donald contract coming Friday, book it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Diqnol posted:

Despite his idiocy that’s a terrible move

In the most ironic suspension ever he'll get at least 1 season (probably a ban LOL) on top of prison time. He's not rich enough to not get prison time. So 2 years min out of the league for an admittedly above average linebacker.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

CharlestheHammer posted:

I can’t believe you all would needle Ross like this in these incredibly trying times.

Only by helping Ross accept this tragedy can we help him move on.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Has anyone else noticed "elite QB" has died off entirely now that all the 6 to 10 QBs that were "projected" to enter Rodgers-Brees-Brady-Peyton tier failed to do so? It's all talk about "franchise QB' again.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You're lying

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We're all elite QBs

Every one of us

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cavauro posted:

You're lying

Am I?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Has anyone else noticed "elite QB" has died off entirely now that all the 6 to 10 QBs that were "projected" to enter Rodgers-Brees-Brady-Peyton tier failed to do so? It's all talk about "franchise QB' again.

It’s all about being in the “print the shirts” tier these days.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

They've all been some flavor of hurt/mismanaged/bust/cam newton or too new. Do you want to call goff/wentz/mahomes elite yet?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Only by helping Ross accept this tragedy can we help him move on.

Together, we can move past it and heal.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

You're overthinking it, It's just easier to say Andy Dalton.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Eifert Posting posted:

You're overthinking it, It's just easier to say &e

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Isnt he likely to go to jail? Being a federal crime and all

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Isnt he likely to go to jail? Being a federal crime and all

The maximum sentence is 25 years and a $5.25 million fine

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chris James 2 posted:

The maximum sentence is 25 years and a $5.25 million fine

The maximum sentences on federal crimes are always 'holy poo poo!' huge and rarely sentenced that way from what I can tell.

But yeah I'd imagine he's likely to go to prison for a while.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Maybe it's because people have realized that debating "elite" tier QBs is only interesting to the kind of people who watch Stephen A. Smith.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

SKULL.GIF posted:

Those guys all have 2 things in common. They have their rings and they’re all 34+. Take out Rodgers and they’re 39+.

Give Russell Wilson 4-5 more seasons of counting stats and he will be in that tier, easily. Other guys have more work to do to get to that super elite status, sure. If the marker is just “Hall of Fame good” though, I expect Roethlisberger, maybe Eli, maybe Rivers, and possibly Matt Ryan and Cam Newton will end up there too. Keep in mind Cam will probably retire with every QB rushing record in the books, including the rushing TD record by an enormous margin.

Aside from Wilson though, you’re right. No one is approaching the levels of greatness of those other guys.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

We live in the era of the new young exciting QBs. I see a whole bunch of guys (Newton, Wentz, Goff, Watson, Mahomes, Luck, Carr) capable of reaching those heights. I'm supposing the media is backing down because there are more competent QBs in the league now than ever before.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Rodgers/Brees/Brady/Peyton were still always at the top of lists no matter what other younger QBs were doing anyway. Its mainly that second tier of QBs like Ben, Rivers, Romo that would always get leapfrogged in rankings by whatever young QB the media wanted to hype up, but no one since Rivers/Ben came into the league aside from Rodgers has even consistently been in that second tier except Wilson.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Diqnol posted:

We live in the era of the new young exciting QBs. I see a whole bunch of guys (Newton, Wentz, Goff, Watson, Mahomes, Luck, Carr) capable of reaching those heights. I'm supposing the media is backing down because there are more competent QBs in the league now than ever before.

Mahomes has played in one regular season game, isn't it a bit early to annoint him?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
loving :lol: cam newton is already tied for #60 on the all time rushing TD list (with 54 TDs). He's the only QB even on the list. Aaron Rodgers is the next best with 25tds (need 26 to make the all time list).

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Flikken posted:

Mahomes has played in one regular season game, isn't it a bit early to annoint him?
Not for Chiefs fans :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Securities law is v different from typical criminal court, only in the sense I’ve literally never taken part in one.

Reviewing previous sentences, it’s v unlikely he’s going to prison**. I imagine he’s going to get fined heavily

*** in a lot of cases they seem to weigh “systematic deceit” where you create a process to gently caress people over that can be reproduced vs a one off (think Jordan Belfort)

• Locked thread