Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The crazy thing about this whole situation is that we aren't out on the street hacking these people to bits with machetes.

What I mean is, please, vote,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

galenanorth posted:

The testimonial Amazon quotes at the end of their article is from an Operations Manager :thunk:

lmao of course white collar workers praise the company while underpaid temp contractors die inside the sweatshop warehouses.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

etalian posted:

lmao of course white collar workers praise the company while underpaid temp contractors die inside the sweatshop warehouses.

They should have gone to college.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Zoran posted:

how many posts have I made

edit whoa it really is over 10,000 :cool:

edit 2 also I’ve been here a decade whoa

Your rapsheet is shameful. Do you stand for nothing? Are you a democrat, or something?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Lady walked straight off the line of the Cindy McCain plant

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

The crazy thing about this whole situation is that we aren't out on the street hacking these people to bits with machetes.

What I mean is, please, vote,

Candidates that appeal to you, huh?

Listen up buttercup....at some point you need to understand that the world doesn't give a gently caress about you. It's sad to watch a young person leave their parent's house for the first time, a place where people are invested in their happiness and well-being, in exchange for the real world, where no one gives a gently caress if they live or die.

But I am so tired of hearing "I need perfect candidates, ones that literally appeal to me on every level, and I need flashy and inspiring campaigns that appeal to me emotionally, and i need it to be super easy to register and vote, like...i want to do it from my couch. Oh, and a candidate has to be able read my mind and shift their opinions and rhetoric to match my changing mood. And if they don't THEN I WON'T VOTE AND IT WILL BE THERE FAULT BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T APPEAL TO ME!"

So like, don't vote all you want. Enjoy. I am an upper middle class, middle aged person. If republicans win, I will be disappointed. But I won't be screwed.

You know who will be screwed? You. You and your whiny little brethren. Who don't find it "appealing" to vote for a political party that wants to keep the air you breathe clean for the next 80 years. Or the water you drink. Or want you to not go bankrupt over medical bills or student loans. Or who want your gay and black and muslim and latino friends to not face systemic oppression.

You don't find it "appealing" to vote for the above things. Fine! Sounds great. But stop blaming everyone over the age of 30 for any hardship you face. You deserve all the bad things republicans do to you...because you are lazy and stupid and voting to save your own skin isn't "appealing".

You just have to have everything loving handed to you, don't you?

You know how to get Democrats to run candidates that "appeal" to you? Join the loving party and vote in the loving primaries. Then you can get candidates that appeal to you. There are hundreds of candidates that would probably tickle your balls..but they don't run or they get curb stomped because you never show up to vote for them.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

source thy quotes

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
lol at Facebook friends all shocked by the boarder area citizenship issue

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nah posted:

You know how to get Democrats to run candidates that "appeal" to you? Join the loving party and vote in the loving primaries.

we tried that and got ratfucked

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What nightmare website is that a repost from?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
IN WHICH an extremely smart person struggles with the concept of democracy

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Radish posted:

What nightmare website is that a repost from?

https://old.reddit.com/r/democrats/comments/9bbxjb/2018_midterms_millennials_prefer_democrats_but/

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

the bitcoin of weed posted:

it's fun to imagine sometimes what would have happened if irma had been just a little bit further north down by miami and a little further west in tampa bay
it would've turned half the state into a wasteland lmao

and by fun I mean I'm really glad I no longer live in tampa

Hello fellow tampa evacuee

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

this person has bad opinions on politics, but good opinions on grilling burgers

in conclusion, reddit is a land of contrasts

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

A dying relic of a paper has endorsed a dying relic of a man.

https://twitter.com/TNJ_malbright/status/1035150318739308544

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

the guy who promised not to run against donball :thunk:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

A Handed Missus posted:

the guy who promised not to run against donball :thunk:

Biden is a progressive hero who has only tried to sabotage the campaigns of two lesbians pushing for Medicare for All in the last week.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

loquacius posted:

IN WHICH an extremely smart person struggles with the concept of democracy

*laughs in capitalism*

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Nichael posted:

Biden is a progressive hero who has only tried to sabotage the campaigns of two lesbians pushing for Medicare for All in the last week.

but my good sir, she does not have the Experience and Seniority!!!

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

I know this exposes some extreme past succ that I will carry to my grave, but Joe Scarborough was always going on about how his opponents tried to use his old band to smear him and it basically won him his seat.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/finallevel/status/1031306941304381440?s=21

https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl/status/1031309785872957440?s=21

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/ocasio2018/status/1035194838231261184?s=21

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1034900299746619397

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

A Handed Missus posted:

but my good sir, she does not have the Experience and Seniority!!!

it's not her turn?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nichael posted:

biden led the way for them to be able to be married those broads ought to show some gratitude

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

CARTER!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Do it bitch

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

nah posted:

Listen up buttercup....at some point you need to understand that the world doesn't give a gently caress about you. It's sad to watch a young person leave their parent's house for the first time, a place where people are invested in their happiness and well-being, in exchange for the real world, where no one gives a gently caress if they live or die.

But I am so tired of hearing "I need perfect candidates, ones that literally appeal to me on every level, and I need flashy and inspiring campaigns that appeal to me emotionally, and i need it to be super easy to register and vote, like...i want to do it from my couch. Oh, and a candidate has to be able read my mind and shift their opinions and rhetoric to match my changing mood. And if they don't THEN I WON'T VOTE AND IT WILL BE THERE FAULT BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T APPEAL TO ME!"

So like, don't vote all you want. Enjoy. I am an upper middle class, middle aged person. If republicans win, I will be disappointed. But I won't be screwed.

You know who will be screwed? You. You and your whiny little brethren. Who don't find it "appealing" to vote for a political party that wants to keep the air you breathe clean for the next 80 years. Or the water you drink. Or want you to not go bankrupt over medical bills or student loans. Or who want your gay and black and muslim and latino friends to not face systemic oppression.

You don't find it "appealing" to vote for the above things. Fine! Sounds great. But stop blaming everyone over the age of 30 for any hardship you face. You deserve all the bad things republicans do to you...because you are lazy and stupid and voting to save your own skin isn't "appealing".

You know how to get Democrats to run candidates that "appeal" to you? Join the loving party and vote in the loving primaries. Then you can get candidates that appeal to you. There are hundreds of candidates that would probably tickle your balls..but they don't run or they get curb stomped because you never show up to vote for them.

Lol

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

nah posted:

Nah

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
sincerely, a proud member of the generation that presided over and profited from the destruction of social and biological life on the planet

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
not every generation can say they squandered the postwar peace dividend and delivered it to a series of movie and reality tv stars, but boomers can. two hours, including wind down, each day.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I’m sorry for this succ strain here

Autodidact, post: 12063172, member: 3469 posted:

Of course they can be.

This is why Bernard Sanders and Angus King run as independents even though they caucus with Democrats: for fifty years, Democrats have been branded as "the black party." Maine and Vermont are the whitest and second-whitest states in the country, respectively. These near-monolithically white states agree with Democrats economically but bristle at too much discussion of racial issues. In other words, they're the mythical "white working class" voters to whom we should all kowtow. Ergo, senators like Bernard and King distance themselves from the national party to avoid arousing their lily-white constituents' racism, and when they discuss policy, they always frame it in terms of "working class" and "working people," which to their voters is code for "white."

Autodidact, post: 12064537, member: 3469 posted:

And you think it's a coincidence that Leahy's the only Democrat EVER to be elected senator in Vermont, a fact that might be especially relevant in a post-1964 world?

Autodidact, post: 12065306, member: 3469 posted:

A lot of people still see state-level parties as wholly separate from the national ones. "Our Republicans are much more moderate than Trump!" That type of thinking gets you Moderate Darlings Charlie Baker and Larry Hogan in MA and MD, respectively, both of whom attracted many voters who hated Trump and the national GOP. Now, you and I see the stupidity in this thinking and know the entire party is rotten, but this sort of duality between state and national parties still persists.

I see the inverse in the Vermont legislature, which, as the article implies by focusing on the only black female lawmaker, is lily white. The national Democratic Party, however, has as its backbone black voters, especially black women, to whom we should be grateful and without whom we'd be screwed. In other words, the Vermont legislature, though Democratic, is entirely unrepresentative of the party as a whole. I thus contend that the "white working class" in Vermont probably sees a separation between "their" Democrats (i.e., good white ones) and national ones, just as voters in MD and MA see a separation between Hogan/Baker and the national GOP. I mean, just look at how they've treated this black female Democrat. I bet you that they don't see her as one of "theirs" despite her sharing the same party affiliation.

I just said in a very verbose way that the state legislature rather proves my point.

[USER=10799]DorkLord54[/USER] I guess I anticipated your objection.

Autodidact, post: 12065752, member: 3469 posted:

The Senate is a federal office. My other premise, if you read, was that people see a (somewhat illusory difference) between state and and federal politics.

Autodidact, post: 12066475, member: 3469 posted:

Leahy is the only Democratic senator ever from Vermont, elected in 1974, the year of Watergate when the GOP was radioactive. Even then, he only won by 3. Since then, he's had incumbency advantage.

Yes, Peter Welch is a Democrat... who's previously received support from the NRA. That's another point I'd like to make. In the past, Bernard has lamented gun violence in Chicago (who lives there?) while defending Vermont's "hunting culture" (woof woof). They are separating themselves from the national party to appeal to a "white working class" electorate who, again, probably sees its state level Democratic Party as different from the national one that focuses on "those people."

Autodidact, post: 12066995, member: 3469 posted:

Yes, dear, that was my point. Nationally, a lot racists have branded Democrats the party of blacks and browns - you know, "people who want something from the government," to paraphrase Brother Angus from Maine, who left the Democratic Party in the '90s.

Which means that if the Democrats in these lily-white states want to maintain power, they have to distance themselves from the national party lest they be branded as only trying to help those people. That's how you get a black female Democrat being harassed in a state that's supposedly so Democratic and liberal. Yes, those people are Democrats for the economics, but they're still racist.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

CARTER!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jimmy's got a pretty great tear into Schumer fast tracking Trump's judges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFugRKrXXmk

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a powerful example of username/post combination

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1035223362962780160

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Where's the punchline

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
who's actually stupid enough to think the nlrb is a good tradeoff for over a dozen federal judges

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Lawman 0 posted:

Where's the punchline

The punchline is America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Lawman 0 posted:

Where's the punchline

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1035232401339953154