Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Arist posted:

I keep saying it whenever I hear it but that honestly just sounds to me like the music system there is overtuned if you can't hear any good music for 90% of your playtime.

In Metal Gear Rising, the vocals kick in during boss fights usually when you get them to half health and it's really, really good feeling. I actually like it a lot.

The flow of the battle will kinda be a back and forth and then you get them to half health, some insane over the top cutscene happens, vocals kick in and you get incredibly hyped.

DMC5 seems to be taking cues from Platinum which is very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

That soundtrack quot still makes me laugh.

SMTIV's soundtrack is amazing.

I don't remember why but I was literally in the shower the other day and thought "Man SMT4 had a good soundtrack".

Ironically that type of music is REALLY taking off right now. I think it was a bit too early for its own good, if it came out today people would be all over it. Maybe because it's a 3DS game too and the speakers on that thing made it hard to appreciate how good some of the OSTs were. I wonder if SMT5 is gonna go for a similar tone.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I thought Apocalypse was a minor step down.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Apocalypse has whatever music plays for the 3ds home menu theme and that track owns

I can't remember where it plays in the game, prob the startup screen

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I honestly can't remember apocalypse's soundtrack at all, it was noticably weaker.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yup, start up screen. It owns.

I overall liked more the themes in the original IV. The major boss fight theme straight up is one of the best things ever done for JRPG soundtracks. Ever.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am a big fan of the boss themes they used for apocalypse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5XZzTq_gzI

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
I legit forgot that Apocalypse existed. I guess I should play it shouldn't I?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

I legit forgot that Apocalypse existed. I guess I should play it shouldn't I?

If you liked 4 you'll probably like it. The story is trash but the combat is refined, and it fixed some problems with the partners and map that dragged down 4.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm glad to hear the maps are improved. I never finished SMT4. I stopped in some maze or other, I think Ginza? Because I just couldn't blunder through another dungeon. I might have to try SMT4A. I like the core gameplay just the dungeons were kinda badly mapped.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The story of 4A is good tho???

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just the introduction of a third non-human side does a lot to improve the SMT story formula.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Saagonsa posted:

It's good and it works really well as a spin-off/interquel, but at points it felt like you were hanging with a watered-down version of The Inaba Crew / The Scooby Gang / The Investigation Team (do we have an established name for P4's main cast?) and while I really like Persona 4 in their own game, by the point SMTIV:A came out I was kinda sick of them a little bit. Krishna is cool as a third-side antagonist.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So Atlus put up some new Q2 trailers, and tried to retroactively save Shinji in Q2 by deleting Ken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwrrmd3KwS4

They had to reup their trailer, the above is an archive someone saved.
Luckily they remembered to feature Koromaru front and center.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saagonsa posted:

It has its flaws, it definitely leans on the sort of sidekick characters structure of P4 a bit, but I generally really liked it, having finished it just this week. murdering every demon and angel and god across Tokyo all the way up to the creator almighty himself was loving phenomenal and felt like an accomplishment.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah, that's absolutely 100% loving METAL. :black101:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

HGH posted:

So Atlus put up some new Q2 trailers, and tried to retroactively save Shinji in Q2 by deleting Ken.

The first one was right, Ken legally can't be within 500 yards of any game P3Protag is in.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The first one was right, Ken legally can't be within 500 yards of any game P3Protag is in.

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Look the producers are paying to put her in. They made their choice.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I play too many of these games with the sound off apparently.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tae posted:

Literally the latest gamescom had many journalists exposed for being bad at games while playing devil may cry 5

Because the music ramps up vocally as you get higher grades, and all their complaints was "wow, this music doesn't have vocals"

Turns out you don't have to be amazing at games to write about them, who knew

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
not many of them are very good at writing about games either though

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

HGH posted:

Is that Kamoshida around 2:05 in the trailer?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Artelier posted:

Certain regions don't have [Nocturne on PS3]. Like mine. :(

You can make a US PlayStation Network account, buy a $10 card and redeem it to that account, and then buy and download Nocturne to your PS3. You can even switch back over to your normal account once the game is downloaded and installed, so your savefiles and stuff is on the same account as all your other games.

You don't even need a separate email for the US PSN account. If you have gmail, yourname@gmail.com and yourname+whatever@gmail.com will go to the same inbox. So you can just register the US PSN account under yourname+usplaystation@gmail.com or whatever you want.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Put Lucifer's Call on PS4 Sony you cowards.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Decided to buy extra new copies of SMTIII and DDSI&II. Also, finally got a 2DS, so I'm playing through IV. How big are the three main SMT games on 3DS not counting Soul Hacker? Can I get another SD card and copy my game and saves on that? I'm not sure how this nintendo stuff works.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

halfway through your chicken torta you get challenged to a duel

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I swear by my sword and capote that your flautas will be delicious once again!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dragonatrix posted:

I swear by my sword and capote that your flautas Campechana will be delicious once again!
FTFY.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2MpM_0LIhk

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

I'm jelly.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Are the SMTIV:Apo and SJR carts going to get crazy expensive in PAL regions? Had there been only a limited release of these carts in EU regions? I want to know if I should put serious money on those next month.

Also, some crazy person in China dumped the Aeon Genesis patches on SNES cartridge for PAL SNES:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAL-Vers...mcAAOSwuvla-tRK

Not sure if it's the same mould from the JP cartridges, but it seems like a bootleg mould. Still pretty neat.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Uncle Kitchener posted:

Are the SMTIV:Apo and SJR carts going to get crazy expensive in PAL regions? Had there been only a limited release of these carts in EU regions? I want to know if I should put serious money on those next month.

Can't say for sure since distribution varies from country to country, but here in Spain unless there's a surprise reprint down the line (happened to a few of the PS2 ones so those are still easy to find for cheap) SMT games are usually easy to come by for a few months after their release then you're at the mercy of resellers. Without digging too much those two are around 60€ each at the moment so you should better hurry.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to when SMTV is out on switch. Switch prices take the piss and so do the DS/3DS ones.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

SMT games are on sale all the time on the eShop. Also how do Switch prices "take the piss"? I've barely paid more than €50 for any Switch games, except maybe BOTW at launch.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Selling video games at launch for the normal full priced game price is very much taking the piss.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sony released a security update for the Vita just in time for Persona 3/5 dancing to come out. It's not worth the update (especially if on PSTV.)

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

irlZaphod posted:

SMT games are on sale all the time on the eShop. Also how do Switch prices "take the piss"? I've barely paid more than €50 for any Switch games, except maybe BOTW at launch.

What actually take the piss is the shite publisher of SMT games currently in UK ordering barely any copies of this game so now physical copies of Apocalypse are now above 50 quid at least and I guarantee you this'll be the case for SJRedux six months from now. It won't be a serious issue as long as the games are always available digitally and don't fall into the physical-only category (like MGS3) where copies can hike up insanely in price.

My question is: Can I backup my SD Card data from one card to another and transfer my backedup SMTIV saves onto a bigger card on the same 3DS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Pretty sure MGS3 3D is on the eShop. It is in the UK anyway: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Metal-Gear-Solid-Snake-Eater-3D-274446.html

There's a demo and you can purchase it online also.

Niche titles are always going to go up in price like that after launch since copies will be scarce compared to games which get large print runs. But again, there's always digital. I'm just glad we're actually getting them here now, rather than having situations like with SMT IV where it took 2 years then got a digital-only release.

Yes, if you get a bigger SD card, you can just copy everything from the old one to the new one via a computer. Depending on the size of the card, you may need to format it in a specific way (FAT32 I think). But other than that, just copy stuff across and pop the new card into your 3DS.