Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I might be biased based on getting them free as organizational clothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DownByTheWooter posted:

Anita Dickinme

Grow a mustache and a mullet and get a job at Chik Fil A

Can’t because I’m gay and worship the Devil. :worship:

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
Red Wing 4473s are the poo poo and look close enough to regulation that you should be good unless someone at your command is a tremendous dickhole for no reason

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Laranzu posted:

Yeah wait until you see where you are going.

All the official authorized shipboard boots are steel toe and therefore heavy.

All the authorized boots are differing degrees of awful really.

On that note I liked the Belleville Sabre 533 coyote brown the most. Non steel toe because I'm a dirty shore sailor.

Seconding the Belleville Sabre 533 non steel toe for shore duty.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Cerekk posted:

Red Wing 4473s are the poo poo and look close enough to regulation that you should be good unless someone at your command is a tremendous dickhole for no reason

I spent the cash for 4473s and they were better. Not sure if they were worth it though. Shits were expensive.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol ran into Pence this morning at the Observatory walking his dog.
Guys, he appreciates me, his words directly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol ran into Pence this morning at the Observatory walking his dog.
Guys, he appreciates me, his words directly.

Well, you do look kindof equine.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Well, you do look kindof equine.

No joke his dog is hella cute and friendly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I mean I'm sure blondie was a good girl, too.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Fred Dawes posted:

Greetings from sunny Great Lakes!

I will graduate ET A School next month, and I'd like some guidance on purchasing boots that don't destroy my feet and much as the boot camp boots. I know authorized boots vary by command, so maybe I should wait until I get orders?

Not gonna lie, I feel an overwhelming urge to stay late one day just to yell at you for some arbitrary reason. I'm the instructor that does the fingersnap-point greeting every time a student greets me. Just in case we cross paths.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Always do that, people on this forums in the military deserve to be yelled at for their stupidity as often as possible. It’s much less effective when it’s just posting on a dying forum

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Friday's a double-half*, this is totally happening. God drat kids these days.

*Fridays are normally a half-day, with Nights (ETs) coming in at the normal time. Sometimes we do a double-half, where Nights comes in immediately after Days leave. I don't know why.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

RE-ENLISTMENT SELFIE

Never thought I'd see an SRB that big as a Tomahawker.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
poo poo, now he (or she)'s got the upper hand! He (or she)'ll be able to say hi to me before I even know who he (or she) is!

Btw Fred we deffo can't have sex, the command was pretty clear about that. Like, almost suspiciously clear.

E: God that's an awful loving picture though

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009
Bellevilles are good boots, but take a while to break in. They can be resoled too, so if they start to deteriorate on you, find a cobbler and get them fixed.

Just don't use Bates. Those are the biggest pieces of poo poo ever made. gently caress those boots.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Not gonna lie, I feel an overwhelming urge to stay late one day just to yell at you for some arbitrary reason. I'm the instructor that does the fingersnap-point greeting every time a student greets me. Just in case we cross paths.

I'm thought you were the instructor that disassembled his issued sidearm on watch.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm thought you were the instructor that disassembled his issued sidearm on watch.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

During my reenlistment, when asked if I had anything I wanted to say after being discharged, I reminded everyone not to do that. Senior Chief was not amused.

(I still get dunked on at quarters at least once a week, it's never not funny)

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 28, 2018

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..

The Valley Stared posted:

Bellevilles are good boots, but take a while to break in. They can be resoled too, so if they start to deteriorate on you, find a cobbler and get them fixed.

Just don't use Bates. Those are the biggest pieces of poo poo ever made. gently caress those boots.

I like my bates boots. They have a sweet zipper up the side and a composite toe so they’re super-light compared to my previous Bellevilles. Though we use them for flight so I get replacements for free.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Mr. Nice! posted:

I thought he was the instructor that had to be directed not to throw around "retarded" during classes

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

He’s Chief material for sure!

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
- PROMOTE NOW

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013
Regarding the boots, any of the NEX boots will give you some amount of trouble. I'll second the recommendation for the Bellevilles. For breaking them in i've had success in softening the leather with mink oil, other than that a bit of mole skin on your achilles tendon to keep it from being worked raw will go a long way.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Chuckle posted:

a bit of mole skin on your achilles tendon to keep it from being worked raw will go a long way.

This is always the part in Bellevilles that wears out first for me. They last for a few years, and then that lining gives out and it just starts to shred your heel.

I got a pair of Redwings after everyone kept raving about them, and... yeah, they're decent, but not really anything mind blowing. I eventually switched back to Bellevilles because there's more room for arch support insoles and the Redwings were really killing my feet.

My old pair of Bellevilles was decommissioned at the local shooting pit. They do a decent job of stopping #8 birdshot, but buckshot and 5.56 punch right through. It was hard getting a straight hit on the steel toes, but the 5.56 put some pretty good gouges in them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

139 days are up.

Was a very nice gesture. I’m happy.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 30, 2018

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

You're 21 pieces of flair short

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Neat coin

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

LingcodKilla posted:

139 days are up.

Was a very nice gesture. I’m happy.

That's pretty loving cool that they appreciated you enough to throw a NAM at you. You are the #blessed reservist.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Oh my god the VP is mentioned in my eval....

Apparently he ran into the CO on a day I was raising the flag and he complimented me. Probably the day the helicopter landed while during the ceremony I got buffeted by the winds and got grass in my eyes.

I have him in my permanent record for life...

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

LingcodKilla posted:

Oh my god the VP is mentioned in my eval....

Apparently he ran into the CO on a day I was raising the flag and he complimented me. Probably the day the helicopter landed while during the ceremony I got buffeted by the winds and got grass in my eyes.

I have him in my permanent record for life...

Guess it's more of a VD now.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I cannot remember what you decided on going CANREC but, you have kept falling rear end backward into good reserve stuff and I think karma is gonna come back and gently caress you big time.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Nick Soapdish posted:

I cannot remember what you decided on going CANREC but, you have kept falling rear end backward into good reserve stuff and I think karma is gonna come back and gently caress you big time.

Hey Lingcod, tell everyone about that billet you're thinking of taking

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

Hey Lingcod, tell everyone about that billet you're thinking of taking

Gonna wait until I talk to them on Tuesday. I already got invited back to DC though.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Gonna wait until I talk to them on Tuesday. I already got invited back to DC though.

Your wife is going to loving murder you.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

Your wife is going to loving murder you.

If she can be bothered to get out of the brand new highlander XLE AWD im about to put a giant down payment on.

Next set of orders are only for 45 days to help gap some time before new GS get hired.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

TELL THEM WHAT OPTION B IS, IT2

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

TELL THEM WHAT OPTION B IS, IT2

He gonna go recruiting isn't he.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nothing is set in stone!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.navytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2018/08/30/sailor-by-day-performer-by-night-meet-the-navys-drag-queen-harpy-daniels/

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That rules