Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I think "anti-cultural" is just a polite way of saying "xenophobic".

E: nice snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's anti-cultural Marxism but they're too dense to design the sign better so it's on a single line

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Picnic Princess posted:

It's anti-cultural Marxism but they're too dense to design the sign better so it's on a single line

Oh, so it's a different bigoted thing. Cool.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Him being anti-war seems out of place to me.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Libertarians don't like war because it's a thing the government does.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

"I love when people who are not me suffer, but when the government does it it's bad because all government is bad"

I mean that really is Libertarians in a nutshell.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I also enjoy the maybe small distinction where they're in favor of the 2nd amendment, and then free speech rather than the 1st amendment. They're cool with established religion I guess.

Also, "I'm anti-government, except for in cases in which the government protects my interests."

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

OutOfPrint posted:

Well, that's another kid at Kent State who would've cheered on the National Guard.

lol you would be unsurprised to know that most americans cheered on the national guard at kent state

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I liked the art style. Why are you being so harsh?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/vomitpuppyteeth/status/1035345644032913409

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
None of those pictures have anyone else hanging out at the Liberty Hangout :smith:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Libertarians don't like war because it's a thing the government does.

You'd think they'd love war because it means defense and weapons contractors get rich off of misery and death.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Super Grocery Kart posted:

None of those pictures have anyone else hanging out at the Liberty Hangout :smith:

That's because they're using their liberty to not be near that dork

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

How does "anti-war" make sense? I don't even.

Edit: okay, so anti "Send in the Marines" but pro "Send in Blackwater"?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Aleph Null posted:

How does "anti-war" make sense? I don't even.

Edit: okay, so anti "Send in the Marines" but pro "Send in Blackwater"?

Libertarians are generally anti-war in a "why should we give a poo poo what happens to brown people" kind of way.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I would be willing to bet that he's also pro a lot of things that wouldn't exist without the government, like a house that is safe to inhabit and not built out of asbestos and wet cardboard on a radioactive waste disposal site, or being able to buy food and be reasonably sure that it's edible and not made of rats and cadmium.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You don't have to look that far, capitalism and property rights can't exist without a government strong enough to enforce them.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Nuh uh! Not if you've got guns!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish posted:

You don't have to look that far, capitalism and property rights can't exist without a government strong enough to enforce them.

Ha!

Property rights exist axiomatically and you could enforce them yourself with your hired thugs if the government would just stop stealing all your wealth with illegal taxes

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

The Bloop posted:

Ha!

Property rights exist axiomatically and you could enforce them yourself with your hired thugs if the government would just stop stealing all your wealth with illegal taxes

And, somehow, they all think they'll be the guy with the biggest guns and the most money and not one of the people who get murdered by the actual top dog. You can't enforce the contract you agreed upon if one of you is dead.

Edit:

Aleph Null has a new favorite as of 17:11 on Aug 31, 2018

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'm sure once society collapses into pure anarchy he'll defeat all the jocks and get all the women slaves.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Croatoan posted:

Nuh uh! Not if you've got guns!

I have your number of guns+1. Checkmate libtards!!1

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

JoelJoel posted:

I'm sure once society collapses into pure anarchy he'll defeat all the jocks and get all the women slaves.

All these years when they were partying and having premarital he was studying the blade and mastering the blockchain!!

/checks notes

I'm sorry, he was in fact watching the movie Blade and eating blocks of cheese

Edit: DRAGON ... TWISTER!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqVQT9Det6Q

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 17:22 on Aug 31, 2018

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

13Pandora13 posted:

Supernatural fans took it as far as pretending to be one of the actor's wife convincingly enough to authorities they allowed her to (attempt to) file a restraining order against the guy's real wife.

So Becky Rosen is a real person then :v:

I personally like Supernatural because it's like a pulpy, less-painful version of X-Files. I actually liked the show better when it became self-aware and started doing parody episodes. As long as you take absolutely nothing about the show seriously, it's a good watch.

Fritz Coldcockin has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Aug 31, 2018

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I really enjoy that both of my cars are smart enough to tell me that *a* tire is low, but not *which* tire, because I didn't pay for that package. But the car definitely knows which one it is. I just didn't pay for it to tell me.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/PulpLibrarian/status/1035554663091843072

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

druid-bard multiclass

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Well that's something I didn't know I needed.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Chunt, nooooooo!

Kota
Jul 17, 2002

I paid how much for this?!

Moon Slayer posted:

Chunt, nooooooo!

I don't know if that's Chunt. How many buttholes does it have?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Y'know what'd be cool, is a shirt that looks like a mystery road straight into my bellybutton.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I would be willing to bet that he's also pro a lot of things that wouldn't exist without the government, like a house that is safe to inhabit and not built out of asbestos and wet cardboard on a radioactive waste disposal site, or being able to buy food and be reasonably sure that it's edible and not made of rats and cadmium.

No in Libertopia corporations are free to build houses out of asbestos and wet radioactive cardboard and sell food made of rats and cadmium, because every person will have perfect knowledge about all products and will do research before any purchase and learn that last week five hundred people died from eating the rat cadmium food and therefore they won't buy it, and furthermore,

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUqQt8mD99c

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/RacismFactory/status/1035602521585266689

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

vyelkin posted:

No in Libertopia corporations are free to build houses out of asbestos and wet radioactive cardboard and sell food made of rats and cadmium, because every person will have perfect knowledge about all products and will do research before any purchase and learn that last week five hundred people died from eating the rat cadmium food and therefore they won't buy it, and furthermore,

lol at the idea you could even do research or even have the luxury of choosing which house to live in. You'd either live in a company town or have to survive out in the (polluted and poisoned) wilderness.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

From a Google Maps Q&A on a local grocery store:

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Hirayuki posted:

From a Google Maps Q&A on a local grocery store:

I've noticed that "local guide" seems to be google reviews code for "absolute moron"

GnuUzir
Oct 16, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

The obvious answer is he stuck the gun up his butt.

But did he pull the trigger until it went click?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GnuUzir posted:

But did he pull the trigger until it went click?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guyELrUR6Gw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

muscles like this! posted:

You have a character explaining to Harry all the rules and positions and ways to score before giving the punchline of everything he just said is pointless because the game is actually won by one person finding the snitch.

So it's popular in prison then?