Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

qirex posted:

your country is responsible for unleashing rupert murdoch on the world, you deserve your lovely streaming

kinda like how morder was a wasteland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I pay for one streaming service and watch whatever I like. if content creators decide they don't want their share of my money, well, that's not my problem

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i need to set up my streaming services tbh

i've even got an apple tv and everything, i need some good Zone Out tv for bedtime. used to be discovery and history channels before they went to hell--mild learning as I nodded off, usually, poo poo like How It's Made or Dirty Jobs or whatever

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

i need to set up my streaming services tbh

i've even got an apple tv and everything, i need some good Zone Out tv for bedtime. used to be discovery and history channels before they went to hell--mild learning as I nodded off, usually, poo poo like How It's Made or Dirty Jobs or whatever

oh for the days when i didn't know mike rowe was such a fygm sellout punk bitch idiot hellfucker ford commercial :allears:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

right? :smith:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

smart outlets as a dumb outlet for dumber ideas for the dumbest phone

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
speaking of the dumbest phone, when is the new pixel 3 getting announced? don’t they usually do it right before the new iPhone?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
last week, by some russians

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Management posted:

speaking of the dumbest phone, when is the new pixel 3 getting announced? don’t they usually do it right before the new iPhone?

yeah should be soonish

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
no screens in the bedroom

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

The Management posted:

either oct 4 or oct 9

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

President Beep posted:

i don't necessarily have a moral issue with pirating, but i'll be damned if i'm going to tv janitor when i can just pay a few bucks a month for something that works and isn't a colossal pain in the rear end.

I was going to cancel directv and go with YouTube tv but retention offered to match their rate it if I agreed to a year contract.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

eric posted:

I was going to cancel directv and go with YouTube tv but retention offered to match their rate it if I agreed to a year contract.

hell yes. soak ‘em. :cool:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

eric posted:

you're paying for ads lol

everyone look at this guy

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I just like the sound!!
I like channel flipping! I don't even notice the ads!!

gently caress off mate quit lying to yourself and quit paying for that literal garbage wtf is wrong with you

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

graph posted:

no screens in the bedroom

advice winston smith wished he'd taken.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I just like the sound!!
I like channel flipping! I don't even notice the ads!!

gently caress off mate quit lying to yourself and quit paying for that literal garbage wtf is wrong with you

dvrs brain genius. who the gently caress watches TV live

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

eric posted:

For no apparent reason, DirecTV Now dropped my rate to $10/month (it said because I had unlimited data on AT&T, but I use Verizon), then raised it to $15. I'm not complaining.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Google played it smart, now all they have to do is piece together all the leak videos and put it on a big screen at the keynote

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Pie trip report: needs suiting. Heart touching. AI power thing shutting down shittily coded apps with a quickness. My phone is unusable

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Millstone posted:

Pie trip report: needs suiting. Heart touching. AI power thing shutting down shittily coded apps with a quickness. My phone is unusable

stand still while I award you one Unlucky Goldstar

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Midjack posted:

advice winston smith wished he'd taken.

Big Brother is watching you beep the guppy.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Big Brother is watching you beep the guppy.

if you don't let him he starts to worry :ohdear:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zH9Zca1vRM

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
viral marketing or are your employees dumb as poo poo? unfortunately, with android there's no way to be sure

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

google needs a jobs person who is willing to fire entire departments over leaks

only language they understand apparently

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the steve-style extreme secrecy into a keynote is a stupid marketing trick and it is better for consumers if information about the future does trickle out, i am sure they don't mean to, but it accidentally makes them a less bad company

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

to be fair a prerelease iPhone got left in a bar shitter several years ago so the isn't exactly limited to anroid.

but yeah at this point goog may as well post the blueprints and bill of materials to reddit.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

what a dumb thing to do, in either instance. leaving your phone somewhere is careless enough, but doing that with some sensitive test mule is even stupider.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the whole keynote thing is stupid, at this point I think it's mostly ego stroking for the executives who get to be on stage

there's like a million people willing to write about apple news, inviting 500 of them to the campus is totally unnecessary and they could just email out a press kit

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

dude should have sold it

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

codo27 posted:

Left home to drive back into the city, bout 2.5 hours. Phone actually finished charging in the car, unplugged it then. Reduced to 50% just from Google Play music in that length of time. Gf is down to 77% and she was playing games and listening to music. That's insane. I need a new player. Could it be devouring the battery as I have like 1300 local tracks, many of which are flacs?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

qirex posted:

the whole keynote thing is stupid, at this point I think it's mostly ego stroking for the executives who get to be on stage

there's like a million people willing to write about apple news, inviting 500 of them to the campus is totally unnecessary and they could just email out a press kit

yeah i don't think apple's going to give up the free press coverage from ravenous tech "journalists" that fill the seats of their events and replace it with a quiet mailing list. seems... well, dumb.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

qirex posted:

large important news rooms send top reporters to these events and then breathlessly relay every dumb thing that timb et al said during them, often word-for-word and/or playing a clip, and they do this with no critical commentary. they often lead their prime time news hours with this stuff. but yeah i'm sure sending an email will get them the same amount of free advertising durrrrrr

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

99% of people don’t read keynote liveblogs and the tech press will regurgitate anything that’s in a press release from an important company, frequently verbatim

Nintendo stopped going to every trade show and just streams prerecorded announcement videos from their own studio and people react the same drat way they did to live events. if it was about letting people get their hands on stuff to check it out they could do smaller events in sf and new york, maybe one in hong kong at the same time

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

qirex posted:

if it was about letting people get their hands on stuff to check it out they could do smaller events in sf and new york, maybe one in hong kong at the same time

too complicated for no real advantage

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

big trade show announcements were a lot more important before everyone had a constant internet connection in their pocket

Like, I don't need to go to macworld any more to see a presentation of the new Photoshop features or get a demo version of myth II

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

qirex posted:

99% of people don’t read keynote liveblogs and the tech press will regurgitate anything that’s in a press release from an important company, frequently verbatim

Nintendo stopped going to every trade show and just streams prerecorded announcement videos from their own studio and people react the same drat way they did to live events. if it was about letting people get their hands on stuff to check it out they could do smaller events in sf and new york, maybe one in hong kong at the same time

did you miss the part where i mentioned the true fact that large important news rooms send top reporters to this and report the verbal spew of apple execs word for word. i said nothing about blogs or tech press, rather i specified actual news organizations

but yes, again, clearly apple should give up zillions of dollars in free advertising. you are much smarter than they are

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

when an iphone got left in a bar bathroom it made international news. the word apple is like the #1 clickbait for headlines, if there was no stupid event it would still be on the evening news around the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
guys guys dont fight youre both wrong & dumb. my opinion is