Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HD DAD posted:

By some oversight in the graphics department, every episode of season 5 of Voyager is simply titled “Robert Beltran”.

Hachi Macoocheemoya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the actual enterprise lightbulb episode would involve riker watching a clip show to find out how to change a lightbulb

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

apparently cbs all access is giving away a free month, if anyone wanted to watch discovery without paying for it

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/cbs-is-giving-away-a-free-month-cbs-all-access-this-weekend-only/

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tunicate posted:

watch discovery without paying for it

Finally, there's a way!

Thanks, though, that's a good share.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

After a fierce battle with the Xindi breaks the lightbulb in Archer's desk lamp he faces a difficult choice.

"We need your lightbulb."
"Without it, my people would be unable to read a book before bed."
"I don't have time to argue!"

Far from home (and Home Depot), with the fate of humanity on their shoulders...

"Captain, are we really going to just take their lightbulb?"
"We'll leave them some backlit eReaders, it's the best we can do. The mission is too important!"

Next time, on Star Trek: Enterprise!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

corn in the bible posted:

the actual enterprise lightbulb episode would involve riker watching a clip show to find out how to change a lightbulb

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Brawnfire posted:

"Cellular Peptide Cake with Mint Frosting"

Names like this would make the thread FAR easier to read since I only know the names of the sort of "seminal" episodes.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Borg have a reverse prime directive.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FabioClone posted:

modulo prime directive

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

FabioClone posted:

the composite directive

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Measure of a Man (1989): Starfleet decides to hash some poo poo out it probably should have hashed out before Data was able to attend Starfleet Academy, rise through the ranks, and serve as the second officer on their flagship.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
which captain is which drug

Sisko is da joose

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

"Yes, Ensign, It's All Over Me"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Low Desert Punk posted:

which captain is which drug

Sisko is da joose
Kirk is Scotch whiskey.
Picard is a moderate but potent nootropic blend.
Archer is Vicodin.
Janeway is Ambien.
Sisko is the awareness-spectrum narcotic melange.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Sisko is the space between the notes, the notes you don't play.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Lorca is cocaine.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
The endless eye rolling while the doctor fluffs himself over his opera skills is funny as poo poo

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Lorca is cocaine.

:perfect:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

To me, Picard is smoking a spliff while reading a book, and you're really into it, and then eventually you realize you're thinking more than you're reading and you just lose your poo poo laughing.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Brawnfire posted:

To me, Picard is smoking a spliff while reading a book, and you're really into it, and then eventually you realize you're thinking more than you're reading and you just lose your poo poo laughing.

Pine’s Kirk seemed more like a weed guy to me.

Pike is Zoloft. :smith:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Phylodox posted:

Pine’s Kirk seemed more like a weed guy to me.

Pike is Zoloft. :smith:

Certainly helps that Christopher Pine's eyes look fuckin' blazed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Were there any Ferengi hybrid characters? Did that ever happen?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Pick posted:

Were there any Ferengi hybrid characters? Did that ever happen?
This would require a Ferengi to successfully mate with :females: not of their species who voluntarily bore their young, so let's just say that the odds were already against them.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Ferengi must all be C-Section babies.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zesty posted:

Ferengi must all be C-Section babies.

There are.... Other ways

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Silence! All of you!

What We Left Behind is trying to raise additional crowdfunding money in order to get another 15 minutes of DS9 converted to HD (the original budget only gave them enough money for five).

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Just do this times 400 and we'll have the full show.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Nessus posted:

This would require a Ferengi to successfully mate with :females: not of their species who voluntarily bore their young, so let's just say that the odds were already against them.

Ferengi have gigantic super dicks, so the human ladies all want some of that.

Gene said so.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Sash! posted:

Ferengi have gigantic super dicks, so the human ladies all want some of that.

Gene said so.

"Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack" - rules of acquisition, #109

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Brawnfire posted:

I don't really understand the title either. I would expect the "Icarus Factor" would involve an A story where someone "flies too close to the sun" in some manner, leading to their downfall or at least a good solid knock on the rear end. I see nothing of the sort. What's Riker's hubris? Worf's?

I just realized this title idea was so self-evidently excellent they had to reuse it for Enterprise. “Daedalus”, the one where the old guy invents a JJTrek-style super transporter. This time the name is not only applicable, but its applicability is pounded into your head with a sledgehammer. Progress!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Found on tumblr:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

"Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack" - rules of acquisition, #109

Not in the way you implied, but it's right. Just like rule 48. " The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Let us not forget Rule of Acquisition #287:

Rule of Acquisition #287 posted:

You know, I'm automatically attracted to beautiful -- I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't event wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

skasion posted:

I just realized this title idea was so self-evidently excellent they had to reuse it for Enterprise. “Daedalus”, the one where the old guy invents a JJTrek-style super transporter. This time the name is not only applicable, but its applicability is pounded into your head with a sledgehammer. Progress!

Enterprise: The Unsubtle Adventures

"Captain, we're being hailed by a race known as the Procrusteans! They say if we want to use their repair facilities, our ship will either have to have its engines removed, or its hull stretched!"

"Let's give them a taste of their own medicine."

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Valiant (DS9 S06E22) was a great episode. While watching it I was all like "holy poo poo they friggin' died and they're all dead and this is some real Jonestown poo poo here"

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

DrNutt posted:

Measure of a Man (1989): Starfleet decides to hash some poo poo out it probably should have hashed out before Data was able to attend Starfleet Academy, rise through the ranks, and serve as the second officer on their flagship.

That actually feels super realistic to me. Any sort of "one off" thing in a gigantic company would usually be signed off by a random person without looking at any implications until it actually came up.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

galenanorth posted:

Valiant (DS9 S06E22) was a great episode. While watching it I was all like "holy poo poo they friggin' died and they're all dead and this is some real Jonestown poo poo here"

Real-talk it's great to make fun RED SQUAD RED SQUAD RED SQUAD but the episode itself is good. The kids are stupid, headstrong, and completely high on their own farts but they're supposed to be. The ship destroyed, all but one of the cadets dying, and the survivor still refusing to believe the captain was bad is haunting.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kibayasu posted:

Real-talk it's great to make fun RED SQUAD RED SQUAD RED SQUAD but the episode itself is good. The kids are stupid, headstrong, and completely high on their own farts but they're supposed to be. The ship destroyed, all but one of the cadets dying, and the survivor still refusing to believe the captain was bad is haunting.

Yeah it's awesome.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
“I really want all these kids to die”

*they do*

“Hell yeah”

My review of Valiant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Those were also the little neo-fascists who were totally ready to sabotage Earth's power grid and blame it on the Dominion so Admiral Whatshisface could stage a military coup.

So yeah, gently caress those kids, they got what was comin' to them.