Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Whooping Crabs posted:

Bad news, this used to be the 24 pack

But it's 10% off! Basically free money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Zzulu posted:

Are people so clueless that they don't understand yet that "social media influencers" are earning money by being shills?

You know the answer

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Whooping Crabs posted:

That's 9 more than 15!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

You should definitly treat established musicians like pieces of poo poo and get all their label affiliates killed by Interpol because you gotta be mr big bad voodoo guy and break people into the game like a street hooker.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

You should definitly treat established musicians like pieces of poo poo and get all their label affiliates killed by Interpol because you gotta be mr big bad voodoo guy and break people into the game like a street hooker.

Are you sure you’re replying to the right post?

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

http://www.inkedmag.com/g/new-study-shows-that-tattoos-dont-affect-the-hiring-process/

Alobar has issued a correction as of 14:23 on Sep 1, 2018

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts

Tattoos are an easy way of seeing who is incapable of forethought. It makes good sense that police officers would be sleeved up.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Smackdillion posted:

Tattoos are an easy way of seeing who is incapable of forethought.

Lol at this loving nerd opinion

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Smackdillion posted:

Tattoos are an easy way of seeing who is incapable of forethought. It makes good sense that police officers would be sleeved up.

Lol. Ok.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Smackdillion posted:

I'm sorry you got stuffed in lockers in school but no need to hold onto those issues into adulthood

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Smackdillion posted:

adults who get tattoos generally do so because they spend a lot of time beforehand thinking about them and confirming to themselves that they're for life

In short,

Rarity posted:

I'm sorry you got stuffed in lockers in school but no need to hold onto those issues into adulthood

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts
lol god drat you are too easy.

team tattoo coming out in force!

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Zzulu posted:

Are people so clueless that they don't understand yet that "social media influencers" are earning money by being shills?

Hey now. Some also get free trips to Saudi Arabi and other exotic locations to have totally 100% consensual sex.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Smackdillion posted:

Dance for me puppets, dance on my strings

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Smackdillion posted:

Are you sure you’re only pretending to be an idiot?

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

VanSandman posted:

Are you sure you’re only pretending to be an idiot?

No. Wait, Maybe.

Yes.

I think.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Smackdillion posted:

B-b-ut I saw a facebook post that said people who have tattoos and use profanity all the time are the most honest and hard working best friends ever!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Smackdillion posted:

Ugly tattoos cost a lot of money so you know anyone with ink like that is a loving bougie :mmmhmm:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Inkmag.com says tattoos are cool, woah!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Wrong thread

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

The capitalism.png thing about tattoos is that lots of people literally pay money to permanently brand themselves with corporate brands.

Makes sense, i guess because a lot of the history of tattoos was that they were used to brand slaves. :shrug:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

The capitalism.png thing about tattoos is that lots of people literally pay money to permanently brand themselves with corporate brands.

Makes sense, i guess because a lot of the history of tattoos was that they were used to brand slaves. :shrug:

There are so many monster energy drink tattoos our there from dumb 18 year olds that want tattoos but havent discovered coffee/tea over sugar/caffeine juice.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My only tattoo is my unit patch from my deployment. I knew tons of people in the army that were happy to start dropping thousands of dollars in a tattoo parlor on a whim though. Nothing outstandingly memorable. The best idiots were the ones that went to tattoo parlors overseas, not due to the quality of work, but because every command had a policy against it. Eventually it gets found out, word spreads around the company barracks like a small town, and the dumb bastards are given an article 15 for failure to follow a written order. Cue 2-6 weeks of that guy mopping and waxing floors until midnight, mowing with scissors, doing whatever dumb poo poo the CQ NCO comes up with as a punishment (always dumb cleaning or groundscaping poo poo).

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Whooping Crabs posted:

No, that's the 20 pack.

They do this to obfuscate the price, sort of. Most Coke addicts know that $3.50/7 or less a 12/24 pack is a decent deal and stock up on sale or hard pass. But the 15/20 packs break their brains and they end up paying more per unit because it throws off their internal calculations, because habitual Coke drinkers' brains don't really have that much internal processing power to begin with(myself included).

e: it's also not all entirely sinister, the price of aluminum has been going up, and a lot of those sale prices are nearly at cost because of it. My Coke rep at my old job kind of gave me the rundown. The syrup makes absurd profits for restaurants/gas stations, but Coke themselves(or the independent bottlers) sell the boxes of mix and actually make just a few honest bucks selling them the boxes of mix. They make their money through volume and contracts. Not to absolve them of all evil, just read into their fuckery with water supplies globally if you wanna get a hard on for good old fashioned corporate evil.

Laslow has issued a correction as of 17:02 on Sep 1, 2018

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Laslow posted:

No, that's the 20 pack.

They do this to obfuscate the price, sort of. Most Coke addicts know that $3.50/7 or less a 12/24 pack is a decent deal and stock up on sale or hard pass. But the 15/20 packs break their brains and they end up paying more per unit because it throws off their internal calculations, because habitual Coke drinkers' brains don't really have that much internal processing power to begin with(myself included).

States that require unit pricing information on the shelf labels own.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

States that require unit pricing information on the shelf labels own.

I've legit seen instances where the unit pricing for adjacent products uses different units -- i.e. a 12 pack with a shelf tag listing price per ounce next to a 2-liter with a shelf tag listing price per ml, a 16 ounce box of cereal with a price per ounce next to other boxes of cereal listed per gram or per pound. Clever workaround, I guess. Drives me crazy cuz then I have to pull out my phone calculator and do my own math

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

InediblePenguin posted:

I've legit seen instances where the unit pricing for adjacent products uses different units -- i.e. a 12 pack with a shelf tag listing price per ounce next to a 2-liter with a shelf tag listing price per ml, a 16 ounce box of cereal with a price per ounce next to other boxes of cereal listed per gram or per pound. Clever workaround, I guess. Drives me crazy cuz then I have to pull out my phone calculator and do my own math
And that basic stuff is already considered super secret "life hack" status already.

P&G, Unilever, Kellogg's, Coke, General Mills and Pepsico will probably lobby to have simple division removed from the curriculum in U.S. schools eventually to keep up those margins on Cocoa Puffs.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Zzulu posted:

what the hell is a "social media influencer"?

Am I so old....

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Tom Guycot posted:

Am I so old....

Since "youths" don't respond as well to traditional advertising (TV/radio/billboards) companies have turned to people on Instagram or Twitter with a large following to push products for a kickback on every sale.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you are interested, please click on the affiliate link below.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Tom Guycot posted:

Am I so old....

Pay hot chicks to post daily instagram updates for their 10k+ followers and ask them to rave about whatever you're peddling to millennials, like bio glutenfree quinoa or yoga mats or what have you

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
https://twitter.com/sambjoyce/status/1035843192069992448

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Tom Guycot posted:

Am I so old....

Just lol if you don't have a personal brand.

Sorry if I sound abrasive, just promoting my brand.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

pretty sure working on science experiments doing fundamental research isn't capitalism

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!

Laslow posted:

P&G, Unilever, Kellogg's, Coke, General Mills and Pepsico will probably lobby to have simple division removed from the curriculum in U.S. schools eventually to keep up those margins on Cocoa Puffs.

Don't worry it's enough just to misinform students about compound interest.

If compound interest is even properly taught so that students can actually understand its calculation, it's taught as a virtuous financial instrument instead of an oppressive tool of debt slavery crushing debtors with debts that cannot be repaid. Our modern economic profession teaches the wonders of compound interest and how these debts should always be repaid and shame onto anyone who says otherwise. This is also our modern economic system in practice.

In ancient babylon, students were taught that compounding interest results in debts that cannot be repaid because actual material production does not compound in the way numbers on a piece of paper can.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

That's one hell of a commute for 20 hrs a week?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

Pay hot chicks to post daily instagram updates for their 10k+ followers and ask them to rave about whatever you're peddling to millennials, like bio glutenfree quinoa or yoga mats or what have you

And even this is becoming passé. I work in the fitness industry and ‘models’ shilling protein powder and fit tea is a punchline. And the secret is out about how laughably one sided the ‘sponsorships’ are. You’re required to post about 3-4x a week, and in return if you make X sales off your affiliate link you get a free jug of protein.

Look up the old Cool Hunting documentary on PBS for more about how craven and stupid the advertising industry is.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation

DrPossum posted:

pretty sure working on science experiments doing fundamental research isn't capitalism
The conditions under which you are allowed to work on research is capitalism though. In the above you must suffer a pittance instead of pursuing a lucrative career in the FIRE sector. Money boils down to a tool of labor allocation. In other words, it's a permission and reward system that forbids and allows people to do things by the people who hold the money.

Lots of potential labor on potentially valuable research is effectively forbidden under our economic system. Our current economic system prefers they work as starbuck baristas or be relegated to the growing number considered outside the labor force.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can also point out that the Bible prohibited Israelites charging other Israelites interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Many societies have historically banned loans with interest of any kind including under religious and moral pretexts.

Today, you get this stupid loving dreck being printed in the mainstream passing as insightful:
https://www.businessinsider.com/compound-interest-is-responsible-for-modern-civilization-2013-6