Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i've never even seen a mcrib. does it exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

Good points, but McDonald's gave humanity the BigMac. I think they deserve a break today.

I prefer the Big Mick; it’s also got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have no sesame seeds.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
mcdonalds serve tasty, cheap fast food which is actually not that bad for you if you go for the right options,

old people have driven up house prices and ruined the economy by hiding £1000 stacks under their bed because they hate banks

im with mcdonalds

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lavaca posted:

Counterpoint: the appropriate water temperature for brewing coffee is 205 degrees, so it's always going to be pretty drat hot when you buy it. Anyone who's ever encountered coffee before should be well aware that putting a cup of coffee between your legs in a moving vehicle is a stupid thing to do whether it's served at 190 degrees or 175 degrees.

Paying for cold coffee to own literally the entire rest of the world :911:

e: America's litigiousness has had a non-negligible negative effect on the world in that in some cases the size of packaging for products sold internationally has had to have been increased just so that English-language warning text will fit. I think the first example I saw was socks.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Aug 31, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

I prefer the Big Mick; it’s also got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have no sesame seeds.

Queens!

veni veni veni posted:

I often wonder why every gas station on earth still chooses to serve their coffee nuclear hot 25 years after the McDonalds lawsuit. Honestly I don't get why it needs to stay at that temp once it's brewed it's loving horrid sitting there trying to test if it's gonna burn your lips off or not.

I think the logic is that people buy the coffee, put it in the cup holder and drive to work, and then drink it at work. So it needs to be as hot as molten steel in the gas station so it's still hot by the time they get to work.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think the logic is that people buy the coffee, put it in the cup holder and drive to work, and then drink it at work. So it needs to be as hot as molten steel in the gas station so it's still hot by the time they get to work.

That is insane. You've got two options: Sell your ready-to-drink beverage in a ready-to-drink state and let anyone who wants to buy it to drink later deal with the consequences of their decision (ie. microwave it); or sell it in an undrinkable state, catering specifically to that second group of people while risking the safety of anyone who assumed that a thing they bought as ready-to-drink would be safe to drink.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Save the earth by abolishing takeout cups. A cheapo travel mug will hold it at a good non-scalding hot for ages.

Putting scalding gas station coffee in before going to the gym at 4:30am there were days it’d still be barely drinkable by 8:30 classes.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Old NFL uniform designs suck; with the exception of a few, most of the newer designs are better.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Why are you people getting coffee from gas stations instead of drip machine at home before you leave.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
If you put coffee grounds in water and leave it in the fridge overnight, you'll have lovely cold-brewed coffee in the morning. Filter it out with something like a French press. Use the spent grounds to reenact the christening scene from the Lion King opening.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mozart and early Beethoven should only be played in fortepiano for that crystal clear and direct sound. Modern piano just lends itself to be used for showing off and virtuosismo.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Coffee? Overrated.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

doverhog posted:

Why are you people getting coffee from gas stations instead of drip machine at home before you leave.

Once in a blue moon my morning coffee wasn't enough. I get gas station coffee like 3 times a year.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Temaukel posted:

Mozart and early Beethoven should only be played in fortepiano for that crystal clear and direct sound. Modern piano just lends itself to be used for showing off and virtuosismo.

I have no idea about this but I am going to state it with authority next time Beethoven comes up in small conversation

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Small talk is infinitely preferable over weird tangential "deep" talk with someone you barely know.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Temaukel posted:

I hope this is one of those really niche opinions that leads to fist fights in the right circles.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Coffee? Overrated.

Sad. :(

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Temaukel posted:

Galatians 4:16

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Elissimpark posted:

I hope this is one of those really niche opinions that leads to fist fights in the right circles.

I was just reading a post somewhere (I think Tumblr) where, apparently, you can short circuit any Poe conversation with serious Poe scholars by mentioning the Orangutan in one of his stories.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm assuming fortepianos are those really old pianos with tinny sound. gently caress those. Modern grand pianos 4 lyfe.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

My favorite piano are those little upright honky-tonk style ones. They have a great sound and you can really bang on them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Gary Jules cover of Mad World is loving terrible.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I prefer the Sick YG cover of Mad World

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

veni veni veni posted:

The Gary Jules cover of Mad World is loving terrible.

It's so loving stupid in Gears of War it loops around to being amazing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I didn't even know who Gary Jules was ( I did see Donny Darko but didn't remember the song) or that people love that cover until that Gears of War ad started running ,and I assumed it was some Nu Metal band like Staind doing one of those lovely "unplugged" covers they always do. Every slo poke melodramatic cover of that song is awful. There's another with a woman singing that I hear in trailers and it's even worse than the Gary Jules one. The original Tears for Fears version is pretty dope though.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I like the Gary Jules cover. :(

I mean, the original is better, but the cover is pretty ok. I don’t know about the Gears of War element though, so maybe that’s the deciding factor.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Target has secretly trained all of their employees to be terrible at bagging groceries to force people to use the self-checkout lanes

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

burial posted:

I like the Gary Jules cover. :(

I mean, the original is better, but the cover is pretty ok. I don’t know about the Gears of War element though, so maybe that’s the deciding factor.

It was used in a ridiculously overwrought commercial for a game where you just shotgun dudes in the face.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Mu Zeta posted:

It was used in a ridiculously overwrought commercial for a game where you just shotgun dudes in the face.

And then in the game itself when one of the main characters dies.

At least someone put the original version of the song over the trailer, because it's hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syvVitWneKw

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Guy Goodbody posted:

Target has secretly trained all of their employees to be terrible at bagging groceries to force people to use the self-checkout lanes

Wait Target has groceries?

I only remember groceries in the canadian Targets that lasted like six months before failing

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Target not only has groceries, they're the one easy source of Tim Tams that Americans have.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Aramek posted:

Target not only has groceries, they're the one easy source of Tim Tams that Americans have.

It’s weird but most grocery stores around me started carrying them in the past two years

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Wait Target has groceries?

I only remember groceries in the canadian Targets that lasted like six months before failing

The local Target has a Starbucks, groceries, electronics, and household items. I guess it's like a mini wal mart. It only opened a year ago so we'll see if it lasts.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Mu Zeta posted:

The local Target has a Starbucks, groceries, electronics, and household items. I guess it's like a mini wal mart. It only opened a year ago so we'll see if it lasts.

They've been like that for years where I grew up. You pay a little more for basically the same stuff at walmart but with the privilege of not having to deal with the people who are in walmart.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

The Target near me is like a Walmart but cleaner, more expensive, and the employees don't look like they want to die.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have never been to a Wal Mart but I refuse to believe they can be that bad. You can see the worst of humanity at theme parks or Las Vegas.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i worked at six flags great adventure (big east coast theme park) and i literally quit after a day. i wouldn't be surprised to learn that there's a doomesque portal to hell dimension and it's right there because the people there were the worst humans i ever encountered.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

I have never been to a Wal Mart but I refuse to believe they can be that bad. You can see the worst of humanity at theme parks or Las Vegas.

I worked at one. They're worse than you can imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

When startled, amusement park goes are known to reach into their anuses to throw feces at their opponents.