Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

packetmantis posted:

, says the dude who has been probated like a dozen times for racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Somehow that reply is more embarrassing than just straight up admitting you're a racist.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Tonight the part of Joker will be played by HP Lovecraft's stunt-double.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

packetmantis posted:

Somehow that reply is more embarrassing than just straight up admitting you're a racist.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

packetmantis posted:

I think you've been on the internet a little too long. Take a few days away to decompress.

Ya weirdo.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Fun fact: Most racists don't think they're racist because "hey, I'm not a KKK member or Nazi! Those guys are real racists! I'm not like them, so I'm not racist!".

It's how you get, say, John Schnatter scrambling to make excuses for himself by claiming he doesn't really talk that way and he's not racist, promise, just let him clarify his comments a couple dozen times and you'll see. All while pouting over being removed from marketing materials and whatnot.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think it was in this thread that someone posted a video involving a TV interview about Coca-Cola, where one person jokingly asks if Coke is having an identity crisis, and the other sincerely answers that they do, a huge one. Does anyone have that? Wondering how that's going. Coke seems to have been omnipresent for so long that they became old and boring.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I think it’s Chick-Fil-A as part of their marketing w the cows. The cows have poor spelling and grammar, and they want people to eat more “chikin.”

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think it was in this thread that someone posted a video involving a TV interview about Coca-Cola, where one person jokingly asks if Coke is having an identity crisis, and the other sincerely answers that they do, a huge one. Does anyone have that? Wondering how that's going. Coke seems to have been omnipresent for so long that they became old and boring.

Soda sales are down like 20% over the last couple of decades.

That doesn’t mean Coke is hosed or anything, but they’re trying to find new growth opportunities. Pepsi at least has its snack and restaurant businesses to ease the cola slump sting.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Pepsi also has the legions of sweaty nerds consuming Mountain Dew by the gallon.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Similar to how McDonalds sees itself losing market share to """"healthy"""" alternatives like Panera Bread and Chipotle, the bad rep of soda is catching up to it and millenials are switching to water and sparkling water.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
They keep releasing new promo flavours over here in Aus but they're all variants that use No Sugar as a base. I'd like the Coke Orange a lot more if it used normal Coke.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Croccers posted:

They keep releasing new promo flavours over here in Aus but they're all variants that use No Sugar as a base. I'd like the Coke Orange a lot more if it used normal Coke.

I have the exact opposite problem, they release these variants in Canada with sugar afaict and I don't want that stuff, give me diet coke flavours tyvm.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

RagnarokAngel posted:

Similar to how McDonalds sees itself losing market share to """"healthy"""" alternatives like Panera Bread and Chipotle, the bad rep of soda is catching up to it and millenials are switching to water and sparkling water.

McDonalds can’t make a hamburger that I actually want to eat, why would I go there to get a “healthy” option?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Krispy Wafer posted:

Soda sales are down like 20% over the last couple of decades.

That doesn’t mean Coke is hosed or anything, but they’re trying to find new growth opportunities. Pepsi at least has its snack and restaurant businesses to ease the cola slump sting.

The original buttcoin, growth must happen forever and go up at an even faster and faster rate.(never mind that unlike coinz which sort of " " " try" " " to be currency/money, soda is a phyical product/good and therefore has econstuffeconstuffeconstuff

PhazonLink has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Sep 3, 2018

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Has Coke Zero not been good for Coca Cola? Not long ago it was rebranded to Coke Zero Sugar, and now it's being rebranded again to basically "Sugarfree Coca Cola"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Somehow Malaysia got Coke Zero, Coke Reduced Sugar + Stevia, and sugar-free coke which has the standard red packaging but with a black band stating that it contains no sugar. The latter is the only one I like the taste of, the other two gave me headaches for some reason.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

evobatman posted:

Has Coke Zero not been good for Coca Cola? Not long ago it was rebranded to Coke Zero Sugar, and now it's being rebranded again to basically "Sugarfree Coca Cola"

Its doing well, they attributed the growth Coca-Cola had this year in part to it. Coke Zero is basically Diet Coke but for Men so its always had a trickier market proposition.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Coke Zero is delicious and frankly it's hilarious that they've tricked millennials into thinking Izze is healthy.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Barudak posted:

Its doing well, they attributed the growth Coca-Cola had this year in part to it. Coke Zero is basically Diet Coke but for Men so its always had a trickier market proposition.

But Coke Zero tastes much different than diet Coke. Normally I hate diet coke, but when we go to the movies my wife and I split a beverage and Coke Zero is an adequate compromise because she won't drink regular soda and I can't stand the aftertaste of most diet soda.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Diet Coke was made specifically to not taste like Coke because they were afraid it’d take sales from their flagship product. They wanted to expand the market, not switch Coke drinkers to Diet Coke.

25 years later they realized it didn’t matter as long as they sold more cans of soda, so they made Coke
Zero, which tasted more like Coke. Coke Zero has been good for them.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just annoyed you can't get Diet Coke with Citrus in the UK now. Been replaced with DC&Mango and DC&Peach. Because I've lost track of the number of people who order a Diet Coke at the bar and then add "Ooh, have you got a slice of peach you could add to it?"

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Cerepol posted:

I have the exact opposite problem, they release these variants in Canada with sugar afaict and I don't want that stuff, give me diet coke flavours tyvm.

Weird, I live in Alberta and sometime in the last year they've introduced Diet Coke with flavors like Lime, Mango, and Ginger. They're in skinny tall cans and sold in cases of eight. I usually don't like Diet Coke but I actually can drink an entire pack of these if I wanted.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
All we get here is Diet Coke: Roasted Liver Flavor.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Pick posted:

Coke Zero is delicious and frankly it's hilarious that they've tricked millennials into thinking Izze is healthy.

People thought Vitamin Water was healthy.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

HisMajestyBOB posted:

All we get here is Diet Coke: Roasted Liver Flavor.
Yuck, roasted?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

MrYenko posted:

McDonalds can’t make a hamburger that I actually want to eat, why would I go there to get a “healthy” option?

I'm a vegetarian so far as I'm concerned McDonald's tanking is a net good. I'm just saying McDonald's unhealthiness finally caught up to it and people are seeking alternatives that are (at the very least perceived as) healthier.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I can drink an entire pack of anything I want to

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

People only get sick at fast food places when they try to eat healthy. Avoid the vegetables at Chipotle's and you'll never get ecoli.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I can drink an entire pack of anything I want to

Coke, sprite, cigarettes, dogs...

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Personally I hate the new Coke Zero Sugar they are pushing, much too sweet for my tastes. The old Coke Zero was much better and it will be missed.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RagnarokAngel posted:

I'm a vegetarian so far as I'm concerned McDonald's tanking is a net good. I'm just saying McDonald's unhealthiness finally caught up to it and people are seeking alternatives that are (at the very least perceived as) healthier.

The other thing that's catching up to them is the fact that they made their "health" options just as bad as the garbage. America's obesity epidemic is partly caused by food companies trying to shove as many calories into people as possible. Now people are going "you know, maybe this is a bad thing" while those same companies are freaking out because :derp: OUR PROFITS!!!! :derp:

Coke and Pepsi branched out by doing the bottled water bullshit on top of buying juice companies. Now it turns out that bottled water is horrid for the environment and obscenely sweet juice that's less "juice" and more "colored sugar water" is just as bad for you as soda.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 00:59 on Sep 4, 2018

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I mentioned this I'm the TVIV bad commercials thread but the proportions of those new diet Coke cans trigger me.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

PhazonLink posted:

The original buttcoin, growth must happen forever and go up at an even faster and faster rate.(never mind that unlike coinz which sort of " " " try" " " to be currency/money, soda is a phyical product/good and therefore has econstuffeconstuffeconstuff

Where have you been? All major American corporations have been expected to have constant and never-ending growth by investors for years now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Somehow Malaysia got Coke Zero, Coke Reduced Sugar + Stevia, and sugar-free coke which has the standard red packaging but with a black band stating that it contains no sugar. The latter is the only one I like the taste of, the other two gave me headaches for some reason.

Isn't Coke+Stevia marketed in America as "Coke Life"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

muscles like this! posted:

That's how they marketed it in Australia. They spent 2 years and millions of dollars advertising it, then they changed the formula to have less sugar, then they quietly axed it as a failed experiment.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sounds like ol' Stevie wasn't puttin' in the work. Dunno why he's still around the plant.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

I always saw it as "Diet Coke + Stevia".
Tasted the same to me.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

RagnarokAngel posted:

I always saw it as "Diet Coke + Stevia".
Tasted the same to me.

Stevia Coke here still have sugar in it, but reduced 35% with stevia added so that it's still sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Coke would taste better if it had at least thirty‐five percent less sugar, with nothing substituted in its stead.