Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

deathsentence.jpeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The real fun was paired medicdozers in the previous weekly holdout- with both the "medics increase damage each time they heal" and "dozers increase damage when their visor breaks" active.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
They should cap medic dozer spawns or make them unable to heal each other. Other dozers are easy enough to kill.

This mod is a possible solution. I've not tried it, but I've tried a previous one that also reduced spawns.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
once DMC5 comes out can someone please mod in the soundtrack to payday 2, i would appreciate it

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

spit on my clit posted:

once DMC5 comes out can someone please mod in the soundtrack to payday 2, i would appreciate it

When things go loud, the music picks up.

The more money you steal, the louder the lyrics get.

ALL OF THESE COPS MAKE ME WANNA QUIT,
DRILL IS A BROKE DICK PIECE OF poo poo,
SPEEDING OFF, DOWN THE HIGHWAY,
BANG BANG BANG, IT'S FUKKEN PAYDAY

I'm sorry...

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
:siren:warning:siren:

Shacklethorne Auction being ECM chain-able appears to be a bug, and it is likely that it will be patched soon. Get the speedrun achievement while you still can, before it becomes a shambolic RNG nightmare bordering on Guessing Game!

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Spawn mod and a week of intensive farming. Started from 392k last Friday. Like the One Down one, statue is actually kind of lovely looking.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Congrats on your half dabbing-Dallas statue as proof that you have killed far too many few cops.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hello thread, after putting over 860 hours into it I finally got sick of Payday 2 about two years ago and havent read this thread since then. I assume you guys have discussed GTFO, the Payday / Natural Selection mashup Ulf started after he left Overkill. A gameplay video was released over the weekend and it has piqued my interest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjqaiyIWsiI

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Basticle posted:

Hello thread, after putting over 860 hours into it I finally got sick of Payday 2 about two years ago and havent read this thread since then. I assume you guys have discussed GTFO, the Payday / Natural Selection mashup Ulf started after he left Overkill. A gameplay video was released over the weekend and it has piqued my interest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjqaiyIWsiI

I'm really stoked for GTFO, the work it's doing with information economy looks incredible.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i haven't been following GTFO news at all. when you say natural selection mashup, could you elaborate on that a bit? because i'll admit i never quite 'got' natural selection in terms of how it was supposed to be good and fun, it was always a confusing clusterfuck to me even when my team was winning.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Coolguye posted:

i haven't been following GTFO news at all. when you say natural selection mashup, could you elaborate on that a bit? because i'll admit i never quite 'got' natural selection in terms of how it was supposed to be good and fun, it was always a confusing clusterfuck to me even when my team was winning.

Just the alien infestation aesthetic.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I've barely touched this game in years, but since I recently got an Oculus, me and a buddy are gonna be heisting in VR. I've been messing around with builds but am wondering if anyone has some specific builds/decks that are highly effective/really fun for VR?

I'm thinking that akimbo builds would be a ton of fun in VR, what's the general look of an akimbo build these days?

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

ATP_Power posted:

I'm thinking that akimbo builds would be a ton of fun in VR, what's the general look of an akimbo build these days?

It looks like a shotgun build but with akimbo shotguns.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

ATP_Power posted:

Akimbos in VR are good because you can aim the guns independently.

Also you've probably missed that there are now akimbo SMG and shotguns, so you can basically do whatever with them.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Some random information I was not aware of:

GTFO is being developed by only 9 people, one of which is Simon Viklund (and the aforementioned Ulf Anderson)

There will be no Bots/AI Teammates.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ah ok so its Overkill's TWD but it looks good, i'm on board

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

ATP_Power posted:

I've barely touched this game in years, but since I recently got an Oculus, me and a buddy are gonna be heisting in VR. I've been messing around with builds but am wondering if anyone has some specific builds/decks that are highly effective/really fun for VR?

So as folks have said already, Akimbo Autoshotguns are a thing and glorious, certainly an option for going VR Akimbo. Since akimbo autoshotguns w/ 000 + overkill's going to cover you well enough for damage, there's a lot of options for perk decks. For old school akimbo gats, there's arguments to be made for a variety of akimbo light/medium pistols and tons of them work well with Crook, Rogue or Sicario. An overlooked new hotness you've missed out on is that all smgs and handguns (minus weirdos like the 5/7) now have akimbo versions. Akimbo commandos/uzis/microuzis/mac10s/tek9s etc are all glorious bullethoses and when used in VR have perfect stability.

Another overlooked option for VR is a low-stability/accuracy automatic like an RPK or cut down minigun.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I heard the Loco got nerfed, is that true?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's been nerfed and unnerfed several times over Payday 2's lifespan, so technically yes.

In other news, the mobile PVP game that was announced years ago and we never heard from again is now approaching closed beta if that's what you want to sign up for.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Nah, I'm gonna solve the secret and get beta access that way. :v:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

It's been nerfed and unnerfed several times over Payday 2's lifespan, so technically yes.

In other news, the mobile PVP game that was announced years ago and we never heard from again is now approaching closed beta if that's what you want to sign up for.

So is it good now? I remember the glory days of the Loco being my real primary.

Also how in the making GBS threads gently caress did this game bloat up to 53GB? It used to be 5 or something when it launched. Goddammit I've only got a 250GB SSD.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Also how in the making GBS threads gently caress did this game bloat up to 53GB?
About 200 strictly superior weapons, 80-something maps, eleventy billion HQ gun textures...

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

maswastaken posted:

About 200 strictly superior weapons, 80-something maps, eleventy billion HQ gun textures...

Is it going to load like poo poo on a platter drive, or is that still roughly the same as launch? It's going to load like poo poo, isn't it?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

maswastaken posted:

I wonder what the worst weapon in the game is.

I will assume the saw when used as a weapon.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is it going to load like poo poo on a platter drive, or is that still roughly the same as launch? It's going to load like poo poo, isn't it?

The loading itself was improved greatly since launch, they did a whole optimization pass. Some very recent heists are very poorly optimized, though.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What's the meta now? I assume it's shifted from AMR-16 / AK whatever and possibly a Thanatos. It looks like there's also apparently some new shotguns? I'm not sure how much of that stuff is locked behind the constant DLC releases (not that I'm complaining about them still updating this game rather than releasing a new one for $60 every 2 years).

E: Thanks for the info on loading, you posted while I was posting.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 7, 2018

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What's the meta now? I assume it's shifted from AMR-16 / AK whatever and possibly a Thanatos. It looks like there's also apparently some new shotguns? I'm not sure how much of that stuff is locked behind the constant DLC releases (not that I'm complaining about them still updating this game rather than releasing a new one for $60 every 2 years).

Basically use whatever you want for overkill; mayhem+ you may have to trim/readjust stuff. As long as it's not something monumentally stupid like double saws for weapons and the 20 damage tactilol sledgehammer melee you'll probably be fine.

Weapon run down off the top of my head:

The 30% silencer damage skill is gone, and to fill the skill void snipers have tier 4 Graze, where lethal shots hit every cop in the bullet's path in a 1 meter radius, turning cops into bowling alleys.
This is quite hilarious with a Thanatos against Captain Winters. High value target replaces its exact spot in the ghost tree, and the sniper ammo refund skill is a tier 3 skill.

Almost every secondary pistol/smg/shotgun now has an akimbo variant. This includes the micro uzis and judges.

The DMR kits for the AR/AK rifles got their pickups completely neutered and silencers no longer give a +30% damage boost. Union 5.56 is a really good AR though; complete upgrade to Lion's Roar thanks to speed mags.

Shotguns are still really good, the Grimms are interesting, but absolutely need 000 buckshot for their 18 base damage.

Pistols are still "okay". LMGs went thoroughly from a "why are you bringing this" to "WOAH HOLY poo poo" levels of power. Just remember to use your bipod!

Flamethrowers now have 2000 ammo or some insane ammo count like that, and you also have a secondary flamethrower with the same principle.

If you believe in the gunfeel, anything can be possible. Maybe.

Also: frenzerker makes virtually everything viable :smug:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is the Frenzerker anarchist still good? I forget exactly how it worked, was it lightweight ballistic vest? You wanted the thing that gave you 20 armor for a headshot, right? I remember really enjoying zooming around at high speeds able to regenerate armor constantly. Although it really sucked when you had to run for it since if you weren't shooting your armor disappeared extremely fast. Although I never played OD.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is the Frenzerker anarchist still good? I forget exactly how it worked, was it lightweight ballistic vest? You wanted the thing that gave you 20 armor for a headshot, right? I remember really enjoying zooming around at high speeds able to regenerate armor constantly. Although it really sucked when you had to run for it since if you weren't shooting your armor disappeared extremely fast. Although I never played OD.
I havent played in a couple of months but that still worked well last I played. It works with Suit, LBV, and HBV; it affects both your pool of armor and how fast and how much the built-in regen gives you. With suit you get more frequent but very small bits of armor, which I think is really nice because I think only snipers will damage your health if their shot breaks your armor. Snipers are the one true threat to you.

I've even made a build with it using a suit and adding crits and dodge. I feel Frenzerker works best with shotguns unless you are a crazy headshot artist.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

That’s fair, shotguns do make headshots a lot more reliable. Have we re-entered the age of the Mosconi? I know everything has a lot more health now, and I’m not sure what shotguns to be using. Back in beta the Mosconi was obscene.

Apparently akimbo broomsticks are a thing now? Are they worth using with the extended barrel? So many new guns. I was thinking of doing frenzerker there, but maybe I should just stick with normal heavy armor since the top skill for akimbos is a huge damage boost by itself? PD2 stats apparently is way behind, so I’m not sure what sort of damage I would want for breakpoints now.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
There are now akimbo shotguns, and they are exactly as busted as you think. Frenzerker anarchist is very good, apparently. Note that crits can apply to the fire DoT, which has itself been buffed several times.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, I saw the akimbo auto shotguns. Is the fire still DLC-locked? I don't have some of them, although it looks like now they're all sold as a bundle. That would be $13 for me right now with the sale on, since I already had quite a few.

I did akimbo Interceptors / USPs and the 5/7 as a secondary. That was actually pretty good, although probably not Death Wish or OD viable.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Dragon's Breath rounds are very good for Death Sentence, but the vanilla game annoyingly doesn't properly count kills done with fire damage-over-time.

Get this mod to fix that.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

EorayMel posted:

LMGs went thoroughly from a "why are you bringing this" to "WOAH HOLY poo poo" levels of power. Just remember to use your bipod!

This cannot be stressed enough. LMGs now do 80 or 120 damage with a 100+ magazine and the bipod negates all the accuracy/recoil downsides when you need to stop for a moment to shoot long-range. They also have a pickup of 10+ rounds per ammo drop so you'll never run dry. The only thing holding them back is the long reload - and there's like four skills for speeding that up and the huge mags mean you can pick and choose when.

My lazy-rear end build lately's been a LMG (usually the KSP or Buzzsaw), grenade launcher of choice in the secondary, Anarchist LBV. Touch fragile, but otherwise unending high speed death.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Between Lock N' Load Ace and Bloodthirst Ace, you're really not going to feel that reload time too much. Especially if you have Parkour Ace and just use the idle time to sprint to a new position or something.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Yeah, exactly. It's pretty trivial to get the reload fairly low and it's telling how overpowered LMGs are when their biggest downside is 'you reload in 2s instead of 1s, but only have to do it 1/5th as many times'. Oh, and that you have to hold still for a moment when you countersnipe.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Wastrel_ posted:

Dragon's Breath rounds are very good for Death Sentence, but the vanilla game annoyingly doesn't properly count kills done with fire damage-over-time.

Get this mod to fix that.

This is actually one of the reasons I stopped playing this game.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Hilariously, for a short time after their major buff, LMGs were concealable enough to place on crit-dodge builds. I didn't get a chance to try that out, but by all accounts it was absolutely gamebreaking and Overkill had to introduce a special patch just to fix it. The consequence is that all LMGs now only have 1 concealment. You can still use Unseen Strike to get crits but that costs a lot more skillpoints and is less reliable because it's dependent on you not taking damage - which with 108 enemies on the map in DS is challenging to achieve, to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

LMGs are really good.
Autoshotguns are really good (Basic Overkill will jack the damage up into the acceptable range in combo with 000)
Grenade Launchers, both 40mm and 25mm varieties are really good.

There's other good stuff too but that's the bulk of the gun meta atm.

As for perk decks
Dodging is still good and there's more variety in decks for that
having armor is still good and there's more variety in decks for that
having both is still good and there's more variety in decks for that
A new deck mechanic shared by a handful of decks is that instead of a throwable weapon (grenade, molotov, etc) they have a utility item there that can be triggered on a refresh timer. Stoic drinks booze to heal DoT, Kingpin injects adrenaline for temporary invulnerability and aggro-pull, Sicario has a smoke grenade that provides buffs, etc. Ethan's vaping one is probably the worst of those.
Yakuza is still bad, and probably the worst perk deck.