Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

So I've never pre-ordered something on the Playstation before, what time can you typically start downloading the game? I'm on the west coast.

If you actually go through on the pre-order they will tell you when it will preload. Then when it does the download you will get a countdown on the dashboard telling you when it will it will become unlocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
How quickly can you get rid of that ugly new outfit?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

bessantj posted:

Black Cat coming at you in the first DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4MTPRu9Pr0

This is gonna end up being like a shitload of follow the leader missions and no one's gonna be able to tell me different.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Cassa posted:

How quickly can you get rid of that ugly new outfit?

It is the last outfit Peter has to create for ~reasons~ so

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also I think you can start making new suits pretty quickly. You can even fix up the classic suit you start with in the game's prologue.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also if you preorder I guess you have 3 others right away.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That new suit has grown on me.

Still won't stop me from switching to Spider-Punk ASAP.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like it, but also I just saw a spoiler for another suit in the game that's pretty much the greatest thing ever, so uh oh gonna get that as fast as possible.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Yup. Spider Punk would be the official Spider-Man of BSS if it wasn't for hard hat Spider-Man, but I don't think we're getting him anytime soon.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I can't remember if 2099 is confirmed, since that would be a good one too. As would the black suit.

Of course the best would be if we could become Spider-Ham.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I like it, but also I just saw a spoiler for another suit in the game that's pretty much the greatest thing ever, so uh oh gonna get that as fast as possible.

Which one?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a costume styled after the Ditko art, complete with some of the best cel shading I've ever seen.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wow they completely ruined this game look at how ugly this is now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2wr7vebb6Y

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm going to play around with the other suits and pretend like I'm not just going to use the symbiote for as long as possible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sony's wizards did it again.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

I'm going to play around with the other suits and pretend like I'm not just going to use the symbiote for as long as possible.

Isn't it confirmed that the black suit isn't in?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
My review of the game for Newsarama has gone live.

https://www.newsarama.com/41667-advance-review-sony-s-spider-man.html

Short version: the boss fights tend to be gimmicks, the tone's a little inconsistent, and there are a few missions that kinda suck, but it's a great game overall.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vince MechMahon posted:

If it isn't Sony would be dumb as hell to not make it DLC when the Venom movie they're making comes out.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

I have unlocked almost all of the suits, besides one that is locked behind 100% map completion. There is no black suit.

(There are some really crazy deep cuts in the costume roster, though. One's from a What If, the Fear Itself and Secret War costumes are in there, the last one you unlock by leveling is the "Last Stand" outfit from JMS's run on ASM, the one with normal pants and a double-breasted jacket...)

There is a black suit, however, which as far as I know does not have a comic or film counterpart.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

If it isn't Sony would be dumb as hell to not make it DLC when the Venom movie they're making comes out.

Either it'll be with the dlc packs or they're saving it for the sequel. My bet is on the latter.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Wanderer posted:

I have unlocked almost all of the suits, besides one that is locked behind 100% map completion. There is no black suit.

(There are some really crazy deep cuts in the costume roster, though. One's from a What If, the Fear Itself and Secret War costumes are in there, the last one you unlock by leveling is the "Last Stand" outfit from JMS's run on ASM, the one with normal pants and a double-breasted jacket...)

There is a black suit, however, which as far as I know does not have a comic or film counterpart.

Oh shiiiiiitt

How do you unlock the velocity suit, that's the one I'm gunning for

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Oh shiiiiiitt

How do you unlock the velocity suit, that's the one I'm gunning for

Without spoilers, most of the suits get unlocked gradually as you level up, with the last one coming at level 45.

One is unlocked by finding all of a particular collectible, one is unlocked via finishing all 12 of a particular side mission, one is gated behind story completion, and one is unlocked by 100% map completion.

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure which one is the "velocity suit."

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Wanderer posted:

Without spoilers, most of the suits get unlocked gradually as you level up, with the last one coming at level 45.

One is unlocked by finding all of a particular collectible, one is unlocked via finishing all 12 of a particular side mission, one is gated behind story completion, and one is unlocked by 100% map completion.

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure which one is the "velocity suit."

It's the one that looks like a tacticool spider suit with green tron lines

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Calaveron posted:

It's the one that looks like a tacticool spider suit with green tron lines

The good news for you is that there are multiple "tacticool" spider-suits, many of which look more like light armor than cloth.

The bad news is that that sounds like it's the suit you get for clearing story mode.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wanderer posted:

The good news for you is that there are multiple "tacticool" spider-suits, many of which look more like light armor than cloth.

The bad news is that that sounds like it's the suit you get for clearing story mode.

It's definitely not that one. It's one of the pre-order suits.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Velocity Suit is basically the iron Spider suit from the movie but with green Tron lines.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Ah, okay. I don't have any pre-order bonuses for my review copy, so it sounds like that might just be a pre-order suit.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wanderer posted:

What does it look like?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Lobok posted:

What does it look like?

Linked in case people want to be surprised.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Thank you, but I meant the mysterious black one, not the Velocity suit. I already saw what that one looks like from promos and pre-order offers.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Lobok posted:

What does it look like?

Black bodysuit, red spider logo across the torso on both sides, red eyes on the mask.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wanderer posted:

Black bodysuit, red spider logo across the torso on both sides, red eyes on the mask.

That sounds like Thunderbolt era Venom.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Lobok posted:

Thank you, but I meant the mysterious black one, not the Velocity suit. I already saw what that one looks like from promos and pre-order offers.

Yeah, my bad. leaving it up for people who haven't seen it then.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
...what do you mean there's no symbiote? It's going to be DLC. That makes me sad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a costume styled after the Ditko art, complete with some of the best cel shading I've ever seen.

It's clearly styled after the Romita art, you liar. Although the eyes are too big even for Romita.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

It's clearly styled after the Romita art, you liar. Although the eyes are too big even for Romita.

My first thought was 60s cartoon honestly

Wanderer posted:

Ah, okay. I don't have any pre-order bonuses for my review copy, so it sounds like that might just be a pre-order suit.

Supposedly the pre-order suits are all available for regular purchases, you just gotta actually fulfill the requirements for them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It still looks really good and I wish the entire game was in that style.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Supposedly the pre-order suits are all available for regular purchases, you just gotta actually fulfill the requirements for them.

You know what? I'm absolutely wrong, and I apologize.

The Velocity Suit is in the menu. I just never crafted it. It's one of the later suits you unlock just by leveling.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Calaveron posted:

My first thought was 60s cartoon honestly

That suit is way too detailed and muted to be the cartoon. He only has webbings on his head in that show, and his suit is incredibly bright. Also the eyes are still too big.

Waffleman_ posted:

It still looks really good and I wish the entire game was in that style.

Oh for sure. Reminds me of how I'd refuse to play as anything but BTAS Batman in the Arkham games and wished I could apply that look to the rest of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I personally just hope there's a DLC with a Newspaper Spider-Man suit that has a random chance of whiffing a web-swing and plowing into a truck. Or failing that,having to dodge flying bricks.