Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

No correction like over correction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m assuming mr sleepy head got invited to a sock party by now?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

In my tech school they used to have couches and stuff in our break room. Then at some point before I came along somebody fell asleep and they took it all away save for some vending machines. I was sitting on the floor reading a book one day and an instructor supervisor came in and screamed at me because he decided that wasn't allowed either.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

In my tech school they used to have couches and stuff in our break room. Then at some point before I came along somebody fell asleep and they took it all away save for some vending machines. I was sitting on the floor reading a book one day and an instructor supervisor came in and screamed at me because he decided that wasn't allowed either.

Yes, "break room" and "relaxation" have absolutely nothing in common.

This thread serves me well by continually reminding me it's a lovely decision to enlist.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I got yelled at one day because my socks were visible. My blousing rides up when I'm sitting, there's gently caress all I can do about it. This same instructor got angry at some students for saying hello to him one morning.

He also inexplicably told us he's been a pariah his entire career. I can't imagine why.

Enlisting is fine, it's just guys like that dude also enlisted and probably outrank you.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Enlisting is fine.

Have you read this thread

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Enlisting is fine, it's just guys like that dude also enlisted and probably outrank you.

"Enlisting is fine, it's just also terrible."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Debt free college but having to deal with morons...

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Debt free college but having to deal with morons...

I don't do well with morons.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Beach Bum posted:

I don't do well with morons.

Yeah man, I would totally join but I would hit someone that yells at me.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Flikken posted:

Yeah man, I would totally join but I would hit someone that yells at me.

"When people get in my face it's a struggle to not just beat them down man I'm just such a tough alpha, I could never join"

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

enlisting is fine as long as you choose a good MOS. There is a world of difference between doing IT work in the air force and getting a security clearance, and going infantry in the marines.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

enlisting is fine as long as you choose a good MOS. There is a world of difference between doing IT work in the air force and getting a security clearance, and going infantry in the marines.

Yup.

I think CTN reservist is the most skate combo. Where you can be mobilized to is so limited it’s just silly.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I work with a girl who says she wants to be an MP in the Navy or USMC after she's finished. Do we have any MP goons on the forums for any branch?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

A White Guy posted:

I work with a girl who says she wants to be an MP in the Navy or USMC after she's finished. Do we have any MP goons on the forums for any branch?

No but I got a female friend who got raped twice last year in the service and who's wife also in the service got raped but just once.

Dont encourage her to join if she has any other options.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

A White Guy posted:

Unless she has a burning desire to be a civilian cop, there's absolutely no useful skillset to be gained from that career field.

If she DOES want to be a civilian cop, she should probably just skip the 4-years of sexual harassment/assault and go direct.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I have a close friend who was an AF MP in Germany during the 90s.

Don't.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
AF MP/Sec Forces: Literally so bad they have to trick people into it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Yo dudes I just signed up for SF, kind of a big deal here

No, air force

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Combat Weathermen are cool, don't @ me

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
My bff from like hs transferred from being a nuke dude at minot to combat weather and he was like thrilled by it

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A White Guy posted:

hey, how did fire season go this year?

MPs are not really a fun time, is she literate enough to be intel?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

A White Guy posted:

*Sheepishly raises hand*

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I’ve worked with MPs before and they’ve all been Rain Man style retards.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Actually I take that back because that would imply they have some sort of skill or ability.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Grognan posted:

On track for new worst fire season ever! :downs:. I got off the Mendocino complex after two weeks doing facilities, being my second fire with the Cs and also the new biggest fire ever in CA history.

Grognan posted:

I've tried to impress upon her that the armed forces is about ten to thirty times lamer and dumber than her current job. One of you fine gents sent me a loving horrifying video with a female MP talking about her experience that I'm going to send her when she gets back from vacation.

As for being smart enough to not do enlist, I'm not really sure. She's reasonably literate but is also dating a former inmate firefighter turned contract firefighter sooooo.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

A White Guy posted:

I was an MP in the Army 2005-2010.

Have her do anything else it sucks and she will be surrounded by rapey dumbfucks

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

My dad qas at the Medicino complex. That poo poo was wild.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
My oldest niece is going through JROTC in high school and last I heard she wanted to Army pretty hard. She doesn't want to go Air Force since "it's too cerebral". I talked to my parents last weekend and now it sounds like she wants to go Marines, which oh my. She's also having trouble in school and she's pretty much a little poo poo to my brother and his family. I might be able to talk her out of it, but who knows? She might not even graduate!

In another three years if this dead gay forum exists, I'm fairly sure I'll be able to talk about my niece's many mistakes.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Is your niece a cromagnon? It's sounding that way.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

dscruffy1 posted:

My oldest niece is going through JROTC in high school and last I heard she wanted to Army pretty hard. She doesn't want to go Air Force since "it's too cerebral". I talked to my parents last weekend and now it sounds like she wants to go Marines, which oh my. She's also having trouble in school and she's pretty much a little poo poo to my brother and his family. I might be able to talk her out of it, but who knows? She might not even graduate!

In another three years if this dead gay forum exists, I'm fairly sure I'll be able to talk about my niece's many mistakes.
I wouldn't worry too much. I watched this happen many times over and most of the time they didn't end up in their dumb teenage preferences, or weren't in the military at all. Unless she starts buying a bunch of USMC poo poo, then she might be stupid forever. This one moron bought some Class As and wore them to school at least once without any of the stuff on them.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Sounds like me twenty years ago. Tell her to go contract artillery. The cycle of stupid must continue. The wheel turns as the wheel wills.

If your brothers wife died slowly of cancer and he immediately remarried to the person he cheated on his dying wife with, then purposefully moved to jobs 1000+ miles away from any family support network the kid had, well... that's just creepy.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

A White Guy posted:

Tell her she’ll be a security guard at best.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Really it just sounds like she needs a tutor and has nearly given up on school.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

not caring here posted:

I bet her marine recruiter will tutor her.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

not caring here posted:

This a thousand times. And uhh, bullshit and bravado aside, maybe see if they're being neglected in other ways. I'm projecting here a bit but this poo poo sounds real familiar.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
My reserve unit sent a bunch of folks from NYC to Massachusetts for the range today. I didn't go with them but apparently one of the bus drivers took the side mirror off of an ice cream truck and then proceeded to try and duck him in the side streets of Brooklyn. In a bus. Amazingly he did lose him when Mister Softee got caught in a turn lane. He then proceeded to take off his own side mirrors going through a toll booth on a bridge.

My buddy asked another bus driver about it and his response was, "Yea, he's Jamaican."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DaNerd posted:

My reserve unit sent a bunch of folks from NYC to Massachusetts for the range today. I didn't go with them but apparently one of the bus drivers took the side mirror off of an ice cream truck and then proceeded to try and duck him in the side streets of Brooklyn. In a bus. Amazingly he did lose him when Mister Softee got caught in a turn lane. He then proceeded to take off his own side mirrors going through a toll booth on a bridge.

My buddy asked another bus driver about it and his response was, "Yea, he's Jamaican."

My aunt is Jamaican. It’s standard to honk as you go around curves just in case you or another car is driving in the wrong lane.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

DaNerd posted:

Fort devens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
Yep. We used to go to Ft Dix until someone got shot.