Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lemming posted:

You accused the people pointing it out of being paranoid conspiracy theorists, using a reference to the Illuminati and the tinfoil hat emote. You very, very clearly didn't think she was doing a white supremacist gesture, you doubled down on it, and now you're trying to pretend you just thought it was irrelevant instead of nonexistent.

Just take the L, dude.

it's ok to be made fun of, sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

The chud is from a northern Ohio university. Who does he want to secede from what? He is closer to Canada then to Pittsburgh for god sake.

Edit: lol - "against Feminism"

ScottyJSno fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 5, 2018

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ScottyJSno posted:

The chud is from a northern Ohio University. Who does he want to secede from what?

himself, from women, soap, and sunlight

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Seriously. "Here's something I noticed" and then four hours of high pitched screeching about how we should be talking about something else instead. Like a few pages of talking about obvious Nazi signalling* is going to derail the whole Mueller investigation. He'll stumble in here blurry eyed and go "Good LORD WeedlordBonerHitler69 didn't say ANYTHING about Russia for three whole pages!! I must destroy everything uncovered so far straight away!!"

Instead of going, "Huh" and waiting 12 hours for the topic to completely change.

Also I gotta put up with willfully dense loving assholes denying reality to my face all day, the last thing I need is people gaslighting me here to save their e-cred.

*MORE projection.

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

Bugsy posted:

Is there something wrong with the water around kent state?

https://twitter.com/LHatKent/status/1034842182073626624

A gun nut at Kent State? I know it's been nearly 50 years, but still.

Regardless, that guy seems like a real "winner". :jerkbag:

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

luxury handset posted:

it's more like, who cares if she's signaling or not, like it's a sudden realization that the trump administration is full of nazis

maybe this rando who works for steven miller... is a racist?

This would hold water if there weren't a lot of people, even in this very thread, that agree she's a racist pos but were trying to claim others were being hysterical for even pointing out the hand gesture was likely intentional. It may seem trivial, and it would be nice if it was, but being able to do things like this in broad daylight and having people defend it and/or saying it doesn't matter is what they want so they can use it to terrorize their victims. They're not doing it "for the lulz" they're doing it to scare others, show that they're in position of power and control, then try and get others to laugh it off when it's pointed out. People should continue to point it out until they don't have to point it out anymore.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yureina posted:

A gun nut at Kent State? I know it's been nearly 50 years, but still.

Regardless, that guy seems like a real "winner". :jerkbag:

Again, this guy is a part of the same group as that blonde girl who went to her grad this year--at Kent State--hauling around a loaded AR-15 over her shoulder just a few weeks after Parkland happened.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

luxury handset posted:

find the part where i said she wasn't a nazi? or anyone itt?

this whole terrible derail is between people who think it is very super serious that a racist did the racist gesture on tv

What this woman did was no casual display of racism. She did the white supremacy hand gesture at a very public event, not when she thought no one was looking, but when she knew everyone was. The brazenness of the behavior alone should be breathtaking for anyone who doesn’t have a broken brain, but beyond that, it starkly demonstrates the comfort with which these white supremacists have been operating.

Symbols carry tremendous meaning and power. They invoke feelings, communicate values, recite past events. So when someone displays the white supremacy symbol on national television, where it is spread to the masses and its effects are amplified, it is a big loving deal.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1037043078538964992

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

luxury handset posted:

ok so do secret cryptonazi gestures come before or after locking immigrant children in cages along the road to facism

I'm not sure, but by my calculations we'll see an Enabling Act before the midterms.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Supposedly the republican governor keeps the dem machine from getting too corrupt and entrenched, not sure I really see any evidence of that though. But hey, at least we’re not down in the cellar with Rhode Island on the corruption scale?

Buddy did nothing wrong!

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

immediately thought of the kevin smith huge jorts

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
On the one hand that's definitely not how people are normally throwing up gang signs (and that wp specifically comes from white prison groups).

That said, I grew up in an area full of neo-nazis and a not insignificant amount of them are mixed race or of seemingly incompatible religious backgrounds. Neo nazi poo poo is generally like any other gang where they'll basically take anyone who comes along and wants to get on board. There's a bunch of weird mental gymnastics that goes on (Iranians are original aryans, so they're ok or like 'this pacific islander guy feels the same way about mexicans, so he's okay or even 'this israeli hates arabs, so we got that in common.' Like those groups have lovely opinions of pretty much every foreign culture and people, they just find the single common ground and go from there.

Back to the original point: it's entirely possible but imo it doesn't look like it.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

enraged_camel posted:

The dude is a war criminal, so let's not put him on a pedestal.

Keep in mind that was a conditional statement. The best human being in the Trump admin is like being the nicest wasp in the nest.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

only the best wasps

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

What this woman did was no casual display of racism. She did the white supremacy hand gesture at a very public event, not when she thought no one was looking, but when she knew everyone was. The brazenness of the behavior alone should be breathtaking for anyone who doesn’t have a broken brain, but beyond that, it starkly demonstrates the comfort with which these white supremacists have been operating.

Symbols carry tremendous meaning and power. They invoke feelings, communicate values, recite past events. So when someone displays the white supremacy symbol on national television, where it is spread to the masses and its effects are amplified, it is a big loving deal.

I'm definitely going with Popehat's take on this in that either it's not a white supremacy symbol or that she was deliberately trolling. Mainstream Republicans don't engage in overt white power rhetoric.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Bob Woodward has written books about every president since Nixon. I've read a few and they are pretty honest takes, and theres plenty of unflattering entries (especially in the books about George W) but can anyone tell me if any of the previous presidents have accused Woodward of lying or fabricating accounts in books he's written about them? Did Nixon?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

yes

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

luxury handset posted:

find the part where i said she wasn't a nazi? or anyone itt?

this whole terrible derail is between people who think it is very super serious that a racist did the racist gesture on tv and people who do not think it is particularly serious, but because this argument is Very Boring, instead people have to pretend like the racist gesture is somehow being defended in this thread of all places because folks can't read when they get criticized i guess

You don't get to call the other side crazed conspiracy theorist and then complain when they push back super loving hard.

We are not talking about why trump went back into the white house instead of golfing.

We have clear footage of her doing it and I would argue that the only reason the world noticed its because it was extremely obvious.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/erinscafe/status/1037241701868302337

it is very impressive just how much poo poo jeff sessions will eat to accomplish his goals in a rapidly decreasing time frame

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Xequecal posted:

I'm definitely going with Popehat's take on this in that either it's not a white supremacy symbol or that she was deliberately trolling. Mainstream Republicans don't engage in overt white power rhetoric.

:thunk:

Nice bait.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
"Mainstream Republicans" are just corpses that can't be racist anymore.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I don’t know who Woodward is. Why is his book so special compared to the others where ultimately nothing came from them?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Boris Galerkin posted:

I don’t know who Woodward is. Why is his book so special compared to the others where ultimately nothing came from them?

Woodward as in Woodward and Bernstein.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

You could try googling. But if you'd prefer not to, Bob Woodward is one half of Woodward and Bernstein, a pair of reporters who came to fame for their reporting on Watergate, reporting that was instrumental in the impeachment and resignation of Richard Nixon. When the guy who helped bring down Nixon writes an in depth book about a president, people listen.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

Woodward broke the Watergate story and is the reason Nixon was impeached.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Xequecal posted:

Nice one dumbass

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
wtf is this supposed white power roshambo everyone itt is freaking out about, what a nothing burger.

Trump truly has made us all lose our minds. We're becoming as paranoid as his dumb rear end.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Crabtree posted:

"Mainstream Republicans" are just corpses that can't be racist anymore.

Of course they can still be racist, but the whole concept of dog whistling exists because you can't be overt about it.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

You both can't possibly be this dumb

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Didn't Woodward write that John Belushi bio people hated?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
This discussion right here is why America is what it is

Lazy white people not even willing to admit that white supremacy is a real and overt problem because boohoo it challenges our views. It's scary to admit it's real. Instead it must be less serious than it is and everyone else is making too much of a big deal, right??

like this guy:

luxury handset posted:

it's ok to be made fun of, sometimes

gently caress off you gormless dick

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 5, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Has anyone tried editing Ivanka's Wikipedia page to properly identify her as a staffer yet?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

ScottyJSno posted:

The chud is from a northern Ohio university. Who does he want to secede from what? He is closer to Canada then to Pittsburgh for god sake.

Edit: lol - "against Feminism"

Also lol hes anti War too

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Xequecal posted:

Of course they can still be racist, but the whole concept of dog whistling exists because you can't be overt about it.

I meant republicans that are actually dead.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Caros posted:

You could try googling. But if you'd prefer not to, Bob Woodward is one half of Woodward and Bernstein, a pair of reporters who came to fame for their reporting on Watergate, reporting that was instrumental in the impeachment and resignation of Richard Nixon. When the guy who helped bring down Nixon writes an in depth book about a president, people listen.

I don't remember anyone really caring when he wrote multiple books about Bush, Clinton, Bush II, or Obama. Granted, none of them had strong parallels with Nixon, and Watergate is a tough debut act to follow. But Woodward's dozen plus books since All the President's Men don't make me too hopeful about his Trump book.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

uh plan of attack was a pretty big deal

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

StrangersInTheNight posted:

This discussion right here is why America is what it is

Lazy white people not even willing to admit that white supremacy is a real and overt problem because boohoo it challenges our views. It's scary to admit it's real. Instead it must be less serious than it is and everyone else is making too much of a big deal, right??

like this guy:

gently caress off you gormless dick

Racism in the Republican party is the opposite of overt. The whole point of dog whistling is to capture the small minority of actually racist voters while maintaining plausible deniability to the rest, because they will burn you if you're overt about it. Actual overt racists in the R mainstream (Arpaio, Moore) are very rare and get massive pushback from their own party when they do surface.

Claiming the R mainstream has graduated to throwing white power symbols on national TV is an extraordinary claim which requires extraordinary evidence.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Xequecal posted:

Racism in the Republican party is the opposite of overt. The whole point of dog whistling is to capture the small minority of actually racist voters while maintaining plausible deniability to the rest, because they will burn you if you're overt about it. Actual overt racists in the R mainstream (Arpaio, Moore) are very rare and get massive pushback from their own party when they do surface.

Claiming the R mainstream has graduated to throwing white power symbols on national TV is an extraordinary claim which requires extraordinary evidence.

Look at a loving calendar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Xequecal posted:

In what year are you living right now?

• Locked thread