Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Aussies come here please

Check out our #Destiny2 clan!https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=125806

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

SBJ posted:

Aussies come here please

Check out our #Destiny2 clan!https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=125806

God drat I really should make the leap to ps4. I'm in for life at this point so the reinvestment will be a drop in the ocean.

Won't it?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
What's the active PS4 GoonClan now?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

A bit disappointed by the "ok now grind your rear end off to have a chance against the big bad dudes" moment in the campaign after only a few hours. Can you go right into that if you were max level before the dlc? I was 340 and got up to 385 or so after one day of mostly campaign. Looks like I need to be well over 400.

I realize this is a grindy game but there's a lot of stuff coming out this fall and I'd rather just power through the campaign.

Also are there any cutscenes for the 8 bad dudes or is that it for story until the inevitable final confrontation.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I jumped back into this last night and feel like I've missed loads of changes (or the new expansion has changed everything?).

I played the war mind story when it came out and got up to 340 power, but that's about it.

Now my merciless isn't a power weapon anymore, all my mods are deprecated and, vendors are doing different stuff and the universe map is all different with its notifications.

I'm also getting blues now that are stronger than my purps it seems.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
What do you get for dismantling an old purple mod? I only had blue ones lying around.

Just curious

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Mod components

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
No weapon parts?

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

victrix posted:

Let's discuss how there's no discount on Forsaken or the Annual Pass for people that own D2 plus the first two expansions. I'd like to play Forsaken, but I'm not paying full price after already paying full price for all year one content, and year one was largely a disappointment and Bungie knows that. poo poo, I don't think it's too much to ask for a $10-$20 discount for players that supported D2 for what was mostly a miserable year one. Sorry but I'm just not doing it. Hope you all enjoy Forsaken. I'll jump in when it's on sale.

MORE!

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

el B posted:

Yuuuuuuuuuiiiip

:350:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Spiv posted:

MORE!

I suppose i'm the only one whose less than thrilled (to put it mildly) about suddenly having my guns shifted around and having to completely alter my play-style. I'm pretty salty at having my game randomly move backwards. Bounties that have to be picked up rather than be always available, grinding for planetary materials, and not being able to use the guns I'd used for the entire 1st year of destiny 2. speaking as someone who actually liked D2 for what it was, i'm really disappointed.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Use some of the cool new guns you idiot

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
don't mind me, just stroking my cock

https://i.imgur.com/SHReNM4.gifv

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

:eyepop:

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

The real endgame.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

victrix posted:

I suppose i'm the only one whose less than thrilled (to put it mildly) about suddenly having my guns shifted around and having to completely alter my play-style. I'm pretty salty at having my game randomly move backwards. Bounties that have to be picked up rather than be always available, grinding for planetary materials, and not being able to use the guns I'd used for the entire 1st year of destiny 2. speaking as someone who actually liked D2 for what it was, i'm really disappointed.

You don’t have to grind for planetary materials. The game shits legendary shards and glimmer at you, and you can just buy the mats from the spider with those.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

i’m already way past 420 LL on my Hunter but when i level up another character i will be taking a screenshot at 420/69

at which point i will have beaten Destiny

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Use some of the cool new guns you idiot

The only thing of note it's given me so far is a 503 Nameless Midnight lmao

Legs Benedict posted:

every y1 armor can drop with randomly rolled perks

guns are static

catalysts carry over

Thanks I got the Crimson catalyst late so I was deciding if it was worth finishing it.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 5, 2018

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I don't even know what's up with the dreaming city. There's a huge building that I explored for like actual 20 minutes full of interactive things I couldn't use but empty otherwise

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

victrix posted:

speaking as someone who actually liked D2 for what it was, i'm really disappointed.

Lol you must be joking

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

huh posted:

God drat I really should make the leap to ps4. I'm in for life at this point so the reinvestment will be a drop in the ocean.

Won't it?

What are you on? Some of the dudes also play on PC.

But if you’re an Aussie who bought on xbone then I don’t know what to tell you. I’m sorry!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I didn't know bungie put this much effort into the lighting effects in the game.

https://i.imgur.com/bv9jm1M.gifv

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

I didn't know bungie put this much effort into the lighting effects in the game.

https://i.imgur.com/bv9jm1M.gifv

That cutscene keeps track of what gun you're using too! My guardianman tried to hipfire Crimson at Uldren before turning his disco-head to Cayde.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

RBA Starblade posted:

That cutscene keeps track of what gun you're using too! My guardianman tried to hipfire Crimson at Uldren before turning his disco-head to Cayde.

Yeah I was amused that my guardian tried to hipfire the Perfect Paradox shotgun from fully across the room.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DO IT TO IT posted:

Yeah I was amused that my guardian tried to hipfire the Perfect Paradox shotgun from fully across the room.

lmao did they do it one-handed? I was thinking they put in the effort to model it differently per weapon type.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Yep, one-handed. My warlock threatened Uldren with Hawthorn's shotgun.

When is the best time to turn in all the saved up tokens? I'm thinking definitely after you reach the soft cap of 500, but I'm not sure how long after that, because if you get a good roll on a weapon or armour piece, you will probably want to infuse it later on. I'm not sure what the infusion cost for new gear is though. I know infusing old pre-Forsaken gear is expensive.

Koth fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 5, 2018

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

RBA Starblade posted:

lmao did they do it one-handed? I was thinking they put in the effort to model it differently per weapon type.

I was using Ghost Primus at the time, my guardian wouldn't have hit poo poo.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Koth posted:

Good job on the non-committal, low-effort post.

Non-committal and low-effort is the Bungie way.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My titan had hawthorne's shotgun out too. They should have coded it so it brandishes whatever exotic weapon you have equipped, that would be baller.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

xzzy posted:

My titan had hawthorne's shotgun out too. They should have coded it so it brandishes whatever exotic weapon you have equipped, that would be baller.

You wait right there Uldren, in several years I will have Acrius up and ready to fire!!!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

If you have a sword equipped you should pull it out and everyone else laughs at you

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Having fun with the bow in PVE, are they OHK in crucible?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

texaholic posted:

Having fun with the bow in PVE, are they OHK in crucible?

If you hit the head yes

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

victrix posted:

Show us on the doll where Bungie hurt you, god drat.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
So, after downloading today's patch, I get the "Failed to download configuration files from Bungie servers, please try again" error.
Google tells me to restart my console but that didn't do anything. Any other suggestions? I'm not gonna reinstall this, it took forever to download the 60-70 GB...

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

shut up blegum posted:

So, after downloading today's patch, I get the "Failed to download configuration files from Bungie servers, please try again" error.
Google tells me to restart my console but that didn't do anything. Any other suggestions? I'm not gonna reinstall this, it took forever to download the 60-70 GB...

Sorry to say, but re-installing is the answer. So, either don't play or wait however long and play eventually :shrug:

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

RBA Starblade posted:

It was absolutely one-handed, it looked weirdly half-hearted like he didn't intend to shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Code of the missile is loving rad as hell