Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rinkles posted:

It was Dean flipping that truly sealed Nixon's fate, wasn't it?

I thought it was Republicans in the Senate turning on him...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

why are the protesters arrested?

:decorum:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

TheDisreputableDog posted:

What about those iconoclast pictures of Jesus where he's making the sign.

Depends. How white is your Jesus?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rinkles posted:

It was Dean flipping that truly sealed Nixon's fate, wasn't it?

Yes. Once they had an insider spilling the beans, the end result was inevitable.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Wait why is the okay sign racist now did they ruin something else?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Deteriorata posted:

Yes. Once they had an insider spilling the beans, the end result was inevitable.

This is why we need to flip the House. Pull EVERY SINGLE ONE of these motherfucking Trumpstaffel, current and former, via subpoena into public hearings and sweat them over every single last detail possible until every single of the many, many crimes that have surely been committed are undeniable and recorded for posterity. So that 40+ years from now, future Americans can see the footage of this poo poo as a cautionary tale of when government goes off the rails like we're able to with Watergate. Then lock up anyone that didn't cooperate or get immunity to spill beans on the Orange One. That's the only way we can deal with this poo poo.

Eventually there will hopefully be enough crimes that we can kick his rear end out, or at the very least make his defeat inevitable. And once he's out of office, lock his rear end up! No more "the country needs to move on and heal" Gerry Ford bullshit.

Woke up ornery today.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

that's like the dozenth or so protester thrown out there's more tension in this room than at the ok corral

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Oh hey we are actually still talking about the OK hand gesture thing, it's Two Scoopsgate all over again.

Kavanaugh hearing had gone live, here is one link for live stream

https://youtu.be/gKoC5FYiGGw

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I want to see a really big fat person, like "blocks out the sun" fat, start yelling in the hearing and then lay on the ground and make security try to carry them out.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Jack2142 posted:

Wait why is the okay sign racist now did they ruin something else?

:lol: some of you must have been in a coma for the past two years.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

in his defense, as a kozinski clerk, rob porter was hardly the first person abusive to women that kavanaugh had overlooked

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1037339038561325056

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

treasured8elief posted:

It's like 'Laura Ingram didn't really do a nazi salute' all over again.

I think its likely she wanted to do the "cool secret pepe symbol for trump fans" and didn't know she was actually saying "I enjoy child jails as long as its poor brown people from Mexico."

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

VH4Ever posted:

This is why we need to flip the House. Pull EVERY SINGLE ONE of these motherfucking Trumpstaffel, current and former, via subpoena into public hearings and sweat them over every single last detail possible until every single of the many, many crimes that have surely been committed are undeniable and recorded for posterity. So that 40+ years from now, future Americans can see the footage of this poo poo as a cautionary tale of when government goes off the rails like we're able to with Watergate. Then lock up anyone that didn't cooperate or get immunity to spill beans on the Orange One. That's the only way we can deal with this poo poo.

Eventually there will hopefully be enough crimes that we can kick his rear end out, or at the very least make his defeat inevitable. And once he's out of office, lock his rear end up! No more "the country needs to move on and heal" Gerry Ford bullshit.

Woke up ornery today.

:yeah:

Subpoena the tax returns too.

booseek posted:

I’m planning on donating to a bunch of Democrats in the next two weeks for the midterms – gubernatorial, House, and Senate races. I’m actually more concerned with the Senate (even if it is more of a long shot to retake), but I’m looking for any candidates in close or close-ish races, and even maybe a few that may be a little more out of reach but we’d love to get (Devin Nunes’ seat, for example).

Here’s who I have so far:

Gubernatorial:
Andrew Gillum – FL governor’s race

Senate:
Bill Nelson – FL Senate (vs. Rick Scott)
Beto O’Rourke – TX Senate
Krysten Sinema – AZ Senate
Jacky Rosen – NV Senate
Claire McCaskill – MO Senate
Joe Donnelly – IN Senate
Heidi Heitkamp – ND Senate
Sherrod Brown – OH Senate
Jon Tester – MT Senate
Tammy Baldwin – WI Senate

(Any more possible Senate pickups? Anything that's vaguely within reach?)

House:
Andrew Janz – CA-22 (vs. Devin Nunes)
Harley Rouda – CA-48 (vs. Dana Rohrabacher)
Conor Lamb – PA-17
Lucy McBath – GA-06
Kathleen Williams – MT-00 (vs. Greg Gianforte)
Ammar Campa-Najjar – CA-50 (vs. recently-indicted Duncan Hunter)

Maybe, if Chris Collins stays on the ballot:
Nate McMurray – NY-27 (vs. recently-indicted Chris Collins)

This is a good list, saving it for my own future reference. Also make sure to look into your local elections -- city council, school board, DA, etc. Those have a huge impact on day-to-day life and because there's so much less interest in those, your donation money can go a lot farther.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 5, 2018

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

eke out posted:

in his defense, as a kozinski clerk, rob porter was hardly the first person abusive to women that kavanaugh had overlooked

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1037339038561325056

What're you referencing?

E: oh you edited

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Can hear people shouting right outside the room, the protesters are surprisingly close to the hearing.

E. Also shout out to the guy who called out every bit of "I'm totally impartial" horseshit yesterday

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Rinkles posted:

What're you referencing?

E: oh you edited

https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/1037017740295462913

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

TheDisreputableDog posted:

What about those iconoclast pictures of Jesus where he's making the sign.

That's not quite the same as the okay hand symbol, you put three fingers together (thumb + two others, which two varies depending on tradition) to symbolize the Holy Trinity. The okay/pepe racist hand sign is thumb and index together, three fingers out.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

ninjahedgehog posted:

:yeah:

Subpoena the tax returns too.

Yes that too.

I will say that, based on what we're seeing with the 10 termer being turfed out of a job yesterday, women, POC, the progressive left, Dems in general....they're all pissed off. Frothing mad. And they're showing up at the polls.

I, personally, would love for the women and POC to save us, I'm picturing/hoping for the Alabama Senate special election only writ large, nationwide. Down with this loving Nazi scum. Let's do this poo poo!

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

quote is not edit

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

For those not watching the stream, Kavanaugh has just gone on for 10 minutes about how he won't answer any questions on stances, and has made up the term "nominee precedent"

This is a waste lol

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
https://twitter.com/TPMLiveWire/sta...ful-as-has-been

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I wasn't really sure about the hand gesture until I saw the longer video where she checks her phone, it's really suspicious there. Her fingers don't just idly drift into that position, she very intentionally makes the gesture.

Pellisworth posted:

That's not quite the same as the okay hand symbol, you put three fingers together (thumb + two others, which two varies depending on tradition) to symbolize the Holy Trinity. The okay/pepe racist hand sign is thumb and index together, three fingers out.

I mean, aside from that, it's not like white supremacists are above co-opting a traditional Christian symbol after the fact...

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 5, 2018

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

nine-gear crow posted:

Again, there is a Literal Nazi running for congress as the official Republican nominee in Illinois with full access to the GOP’s war chest and campaign resources for his district because when he ran unopposed in his primary the local party officials were asked (repeatedly) are you going to put any non-Nazi candidates up against him? They replied with “nah, we’re cool with him winning” and so he did, so you’ll get Rep. Illinois Nazi Guy From The Blues Bros. (R-IL) in 2019 if the Dems somehow gently caress that race up.
The Republicans are not giving him any support, and there is zero chance he wins the election because it's the safest Democratic seat in the state, just about. (Which is why he ran unopposed.) I mean, Ted Cruz even said, "yo, vote for the democrat, not the nazi." Apparently the Republicans are trying to get a write-in candidate or something.

I mean still, it's funny and terrible to watch Republicans come to terms with their nazi problem. And it'll be hilarious when people actually vote Nazi. But he does not actually have any support from the Republican party.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

This guy has Scalia's dick firmly in his mouth.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

smoobles posted:

For those not watching the stream, Kavanaugh has just gone on for 10 minutes about how he won't answer any questions on stances, and has made up the term "nominee precedent"

This is a waste lol

That’s a bad look for him if he just stonewalls for two days.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

I was just thinking that Porter kept his abuse domestic so it makes sense that Kavanaugh wouldn't know, but oh hey he overlooked workplace harassment how surprising yes this is my surprised face why do you ask? 😐

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Berke Negri posted:

or as i am now calling her bash the fash

I'm taking this.

mcmagic posted:

I thought it was Republicans in the Senate turning on him...

Only because the voters hated Nixon!

These guys are still mad about Robert Bork's righteous borking and are trying to get vengeance. That was 30 years ago.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bugsy posted:

Is there something wrong with the water around kent state?

https://twitter.com/LHatKent/status/1034842182073626624

i kinda feel like starting a photoshop thread on our idiot meme master here but on the other hand as an actual adult i probably shouldn't cyberbully an idiot college student no matter how much they deserve it

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Kavanaugh is gonna get confirmed.

You can just see the 80 year old justice, with a history of terrible opinions, festering inside the vapid shell of a man.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

O_o

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ague Proof posted:

Only because the voters hated Nixon!

Nixon only had to resign because he knew he was going to be removed.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Gunchat is not going anywhere in this testimony unless they get off their stupid obsession with black guns and go into all guns overall.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

evilweasel posted:

i kinda feel like starting a photoshop thread on our idiot meme master here but on the other hand as an actual adult i probably shouldn't cyberbully an idiot college student no matter how much they deserve it

Counterpoint: "a super pact funded by memes"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Withnail posted:

Kavanaugh is gonna get confirmed.

You can just see the 80 year old justice, with a history of terrible opinions, festering inside the vapid shell of a man.

my feeling is that democrats need to work on getting outright lies on the record from him (like his claim in 2006 he wasn't involved in torture) to build a record to investigate him for lying to the Senate to get confirmed once a democratic president takes office

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

evilweasel posted:

I'm not sure how to put this, but he looks like he has some kind of disorder.

mcmagic posted:

Nixon only had to resign because he knew he was going to be removed.

We're agreeing with each other.

GOP Senators turned on him because they feared their electoral prospects.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kavanaugh has a nerd voice.

lol saying he grew up around gang violence. he was raised in bethesda and went to a prep school.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

evilweasel posted:

This idiot college student is an adult as well. He’s fair game

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Is any of the Dems going to ask him why he treated the Parkland father like a piece of poo poo?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

evilweasel posted:

my feeling is that democrats need to work on getting outright lies on the record from him (like his claim in 2006 he wasn't involved in torture) to build a record to investigate him for lying to the Senate to get confirmed once a democratic president takes office

100%

ask about his past confirmation, ask about his involvement with John Yoo and the torture memos, ask about who paid off his tens of thousands in credit card debt abruptly last year, ask about his knowledge of kozinski's pattern of sexual harassment spanning decades

they can investigate him if they get the senate next year (or the house? idk about house judiciary trying to do it), even if nothing will come out of it immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Kavanaugh hearing had gone live, here is one link for live stream

https://youtu.be/gKoC5FYiGGw

Thanks!

• Locked thread