Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just lol if you’re wavering from the man the myth the legend the hen getter BERNIE SANDERS in 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
if Avenatti actually starts going in on leftist planks like uhc, ubi, minimum wage, etc etc, I have nothing against him. but afaik he is just another succ huckster using his 15min of fame from trump to grift. I suspect as soon as he gets his first round of donor money he is going to be talking about bipartisan solutions to cutting the deficit.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's said he's refusing corporate money

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Avenatti is an obvious grifter, like the only way he could be more obviously a grifter is if he were literally carrying around flashing signs that read I AM A GRIFTER #BASTA.

Jose posted:

he's said he's refusing corporate money

He's said a lot of things.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

just lol if you’re wavering from the man the myth the legend the hen getter BERNIE SANDERS in 2020

shouldn't have toxxed for avenatti then

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol that u all think any of that will matter

he's gonna win

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Agean90 posted:

lol that u all think any of that will matter

he's gonna win

Obviously.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Grifters are cool and good, see exhibit a Donald Trump

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

mila kunis posted:

oh oops i missed this from the article too:
I cannot think of one instance in my time as a Boston City Councillor when a constituent implored me to make repealing Citizens United a top priority,” she once wrote.

:thunk: im sure that's the exact reason they didn't talk about a federal issue with a city rep.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

shouldn't have toxxed for avenatti then

I didn’t

I toxx for BERNIE :bernget:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

KaptainKrunk posted:

Avenatti is good and for a while ITT people were against him which made no sense

Nah hes just a Trump type that knows where the winds are blowing but has no real convictions

There is no way he wouldn't betray everyone except for yacht owners that have little yachts in their yachts the moment he takes office

He's runnin though

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I don’t have anything against grifting off of political parties, per se. but when it also freezes out non-grift candidates that actually want to use the office to improve people’s lives, it sucks.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

bastas gonna exploit every legal trick he knows to hey Trump on a stand then run on being the only person in the primary to gently caress with Donny in any real way.

and he will be absolutely correct in that assertion lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KaptainKrunk posted:

Avenatti is good and for a while ITT people were against him which made no sense

he's rich, which makes him untrustworthy by default

this isn't ironic btw

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Avenatti is lying through his teeth every time he talks, but he's going to win because this is the dumbest timeline

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

basta sucks poo poo but he’s probably got the best chance of winning since he’s basically left wing trump

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I don’t have anything against grifting off of political parties, per se. but when it also freezes out non-grift candidates that actually want to use the office to improve people’s lives, it sucks.

Yeah, I mean the line between "grifter" and "politician" is usually a pretty faint smudge regardless, and also politics will not save us, so I'm fine with Avenatti running. I just don't see how anyone could possibly believe he's even a little sincere about anything other than, I guess, wanting to embarrass Trump.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i mean the fact that he's not being smeared every single second by the dems is proof that he's lying out his rear end

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He's too good at playing the media for them to do anything to him just like trump was. He even managed to poo poo talk fox onto letting him in where he owned them

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yinlock posted:

i mean the fact that he's not being smeared every single second by the dems is proof that he's lying out his rear end

Unfortunately I think this is the best indicator, but I’m hoping court packing will be one of the litmus tests for anyone running (amongst a plethora of other issues that are in dire need such as UHC, which we won’t get unless the courts are changed)

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

lock avenatti up

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Well if we're comparing *ahem* resumes my main man Bernie Sanders convinced the Democrats to let him primary them and he shattered a multi-generational illusion that the Yass Queen is a constant inevitability in our lives.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
the guy is transparently full of poo poo. he's rich. he's a lawyer. he's probably going to win and do an obama 2.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Please tell me he doesn't suck.

like trump, he's a grifter who's obviously full of poo poo

but since he absolutely doesn't give a gently caress about anything besides getting news coverage, he can just tell the base exactly what they want to hear

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://mobile.twitter.com/alexanderbolton/status/1037342454419218434

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
also lol if you were moved to tears and undying loyalty by his "I will refuse PAC money" bromide, the same one booker and some other besuited turd already signed off on.

the statement means nothing. the whole point of pacs is that they don't just give candidates money, and instead coincidentally happen to spend the money in ways the candidate would want, with zero cooperation between the two entities.

like, how big of a mark do you have to be to get swindled by that guy

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Anyone can be conned by the right person or the right pitch.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Zhulik posted:

like, how big of a mark do you have to be to get swindled by that guy

a clinton liberal op

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

quote:

"I do not believe we should abolish ICE," Avenatti said. "That's similar to saying we're going to get rid of law enforcement, but we should curtail ICE."

just close down or rebrand the baby death camps and everything will be fine :hmmyes:

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i dont watch cable news so i have no idea who this avenatti guy is

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

lol

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

mila kunis posted:

i dont watch cable news so i have no idea who this avenatti guy is

Me neither, Mila. But he sounds like a cool guy.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Avenatti is all talk. Bernie is currently trolling the poo poo out of Jeff Bezos and it's beautiful.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Jose posted:

he's better than every 2020 candidate who isn't bernie

So in-between Warren and Sanders?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nothus posted:

Avenatti is all talk. Bernie is currently trolling the poo poo out of Jeff Bezos and it's beautiful.

this is precisely why Bernie Will Win

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

unless someone has him killed

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a succster :smug:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000