Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

witcher tales: that time i shat so hard it cracked the bowl

loving awesome, i've been aching for a Zoltan spin-off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

30 hours of witcher content with no obligation to do the CCG seems pretty sick tbh, glad to have something to pass the time until more cyberpunk 2077 news hits

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Know a perfect way to end your finely crafted dlc? An impossibly lovely boss fight with unskippable cutscenes before it. This game always manages to leave a faint hint of poo poo in my mouth despite everything else it does right.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

blood and wine is a really good expansion, but in general, i'm not on board with the whole vampire subplot, and the boss feels like a final fantasy teenager who crept into the witcher while his parents were asleep. and yeah, the actual boss fight has weird poo poo that isn't in the rest of the game. i don't think he's as bad as the horse combat, but he's still kind of annoying.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

like if they'd left the angrysad vampire who was really sad about his breakup out and focused more on fairy tale things and "all that stuff you learned about the knightly virtues is trash, look what they did to her," i think it would have been better. vampires sad about their breakups are boring.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i don't have a ton of input for this but i just wanna say i played this for the first time about a year ago and it is hand's down one of the best games i've ever played.

the size of the world is insane and there's just so many fun things to do. the dlc is insane, too.

oh yeah here's a tip: get the skill that increases your toxicity for each alchemy recipe known. its acquired tolerance.

popping a bunch of decoctions and then a potion breaks the game entirely and you will burn through everything you see.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i don't have a ton of input for this but i just wanna say i played this for the first time about a year ago and it is hand's down one of the best games i've ever played.

the size of the world is insane and there's just so many fun things to do. the dlc is insane, too.

oh yeah here's a tip: get the skill that increases your toxicity for each alchemy recipe known. its acquired tolerance.

popping a bunch of decoctions and then a potion breaks the game entirely and you will burn through everything you see.

There is a lategame mutation you can learn that gives you an extra 1% damage for every point of toxicity you have, which would bust the game wide open, if it wasn't glitched so you only get the bonus until you sheathe your weapon next, in which case you need to meditate and re potion to get the bonus again.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Know a perfect way to end your finely crafted dlc? An impossibly lovely boss fight with unskippable cutscenes before it. This game always manages to leave a faint hint of poo poo in my mouth despite everything else it does right.

I died 10 times skipping through the 6 scenes where the confrontation happens before the boss fight until I realized that brief second you gain control you can save so you don't have to keep rewatching those scenes.

It's ruff.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I just aet the game 2 easy for the bw boss cuz he was annoying

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Huh

https://twitter.com/seewhatsnext/status/1036984735854026755

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The TV series is going to be so bad and I am probably going to watch every episode.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I just killed a rabid rock troll in a cave not long after I met the singing one near Novigrad and now I feel real bad

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I hope every sex scene in the televised Witcher is just the one from the video game carefully recreated with acting and camera work.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I hope every sex scene in the televised Witcher is just the one from the video game carefully recreated with acting and camera work.

It will be a crime if they don't open with bathtub Geralt.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

The TV series is going to be so bad and I am probably going to watch every episode.

the castlevania series turned out alright

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The series will be based on books, they're ignoring the games.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FWIW apparently Cavill is a big gamer and has played through Witcher 3 multiple times, still unsure about the casting

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

He's a star that will bring in others to the project and he looks the part in films where he had a beard, he's a fan of the franchise, he's good enough as an actor as well. I don't see a problem. People were dreaming up other actors for the role but that's always up to schedule/contract availability. I'm glad it's a known name that roughly fits the part.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I hope Netflix doesn't skimp on the budget. Most of their original content is mediocre at best.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Palpek posted:

He's a star that will bring in others to the project and he looks the part in films where he had a beard, he's a fan of the franchise, he's good enough as an actor as well. I don't see a problem. People were dreaming up other actors for the role but that's always up to schedule/contract availability. I'm glad it's a known name that roughly fits the part.

He’s good at action scenes and I generally like him, still seems like an odd choice but I’m keeping an open mind. For some reason I thought he was a really burly guy which put me off some but I just looked up some pictures and he isn’t really. I’ll need to hear his gravelly Batman growl before I make up my mind

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

if it's good, that's good, and if it's bad, that's good too. not seeing a downside here tbh

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

if it's good, that's good, and if it's bad, that's good too. not seeing a downside here tbh

going to get some laughs out of it either way, basically

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Look at it this way:

it can't be worse than the original show!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also Cavill is cool and read the books and is a p good actor so I dig them actually casting him after he started lobbying for the role

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

FWIW apparently Cavill is a big gamer and has played through Witcher 3 multiple times, still unsure about the casting

IIRC he almost missed the casting call for Superman cuz he was tanking heroic 25man Icecrown Citadel

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

IIRC he almost missed the casting call for Superman cuz he was tanking heroic 25man Icecrown Citadel

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Henry Cavill, come post in Imp Zone

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

eva green yennefer when

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I hope Netflix doesn't skimp on the budget. Most of their original content is mediocre at best.

i really hope they hire one person ever who can shoot a loving action scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jItS5LzdNyA&t=149s

^^^ somebody got paid for that. goddrat

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Henry Cavill, come post in Imp Zone

He already does.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Willie Tomg posted:

counterpoint:

imagine i linked fight scenes from marco polo but i'm lazy and on my phone

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He already does.

retarded clown seems to have stopped posting, actually

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like half the stuff with the netflix original title is in fact stuff that somehow got shot without being sold to a network or licensed imports that nobody else wanted so a lot of poo poo thats a Netflix Original is complete trash. i like some of their stuff though.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

like half the stuff with the netflix original title is in fact stuff that somehow got shot without being sold to a network or licensed imports that nobody else wanted so a lot of poo poo thats a Netflix Original is complete trash. i like some of their stuff though.

Watch out, we’ve got a badass over here.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Willie Tomg posted:

Conversely the two one-take fight scenes in Daredevil are some of the best I’ve seen on the platform so idk.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Yeah, Netflix is just really uneven. On the one hand you have Beasts of No Nation and Wild Wild Country, on the other hand you have Tau and Iron Fist. I'm more interested to see how Cavill plays Geralt. His Superman is basically devoid of charisma but he was great in The Man from UNCLE.

In other news I did the theatrical performance quest in Witcher 3 yesterday and it was hilarious.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

can't wait for Geralt to interact with other Netflix original characters, confusedly chasing down Titus from The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt because of his werewolf costume

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

can't wait for Geralt to interact with other Netflix original characters, confusedly chasing down Titus from The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt because of his werewolf costume

this without a hint of irony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The only non-gaming Witcher production that counts is the musical anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYU59ys3T08

• Locked thread