Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
The middle eastern aesthetic is nice for BLU. FFTA/TA2 does their own variation of a middle eastern BLU, again with turbans and scimitars. They also have more flowing vestements. It's my favorite version of Blue Mage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
People complain a lot about stupid stuff in FFXIV, so let me share you the story of a fuckup that happened in World of Warcraft today.

Context for those that aren't familiar with WoW's systems - instead of Glamours, they use Transmogs. In the Transmog system, once you get an item, it's appearance is unlocked forever and you can just trash the item. Because of this, there is no reason to ever hang on to any gear once you get an upgrade.

The new raid, the first raid of the new expansion, opened up yesterday.

For many raiders this week, the first boss dropped an item named "Khor, Hammer of the Guardian" at item level 355 (the same ilvl as all of the other drops in the raid) with a full set of proper stats. So people got their new weapon upgrade and trashed their old weapon. They spent money on casting enchantments on it and then did the WoW equivalent of casting a glamour on it. The item level suddenly changed to item level 125.

TURNS OUT the item is supposed to be a special glamour only item and the stats were improperly listed. The boss drops another weapon called "Khor, Hammer of the Corrupted" which has the same skin, just different color glow.

Then Blizzard came in and said "Welp, we're hotfixing the item to properly list as item level 125. Talk to a GM if you need things fixed."

People are pissed.

1 - Why the gently caress do you have a special glamour only drop on the first boss of a raid instead of the last?
2 - How did you not catch this at all, ever? WoW has PTRs.
3 - Instead of hotfixing this and screwing over the people who got the drops, the item should have just been hotfixed to be a real, proper weapon.

Point of it all - FFXIV may have some fuckups, but no one fucks things up in the way Blizzard fucks things up.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
why the gently caress would you have transmog drops in the first place? Like cool I beat this boss now I get to receive this lovely low level hammer that may or may not fit my aesthetic

also if I'm EL21 should I do my eureka log in Anemos until 22, or do the whole thing in Pagos?

Banjo Kaczynski fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 6, 2018

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

pupuru posted:

why the gently caress would you have transmog drops in the first place? Like cool I beat this boss now I get to receive this lovely low level hammer that may or may not fit my aesthetic

also if I'm EL21 should I do my eureka log in Anemos until 22, or do the whole thing in Pagos?

I would personally stay in comfy anemos until 25 doing challenge logs and the like, then go to pagos and do the quests so you can get the light farming kettle and start the relic grind.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Trailer's up guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9hvag2z_QU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

JPOP SUZAKU

Also looks like the leak was right about the raid bosses

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Ibblebibble posted:

JPOP SUZAKU

Also looks like the leak was right about the raid bosses

Re: Suzaku
So she does have human form.
Re:Leak
Omega's sure thing. Middy's not too hard a guess. I'll wait til I see the last one.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Site's updated too: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_4/

Looks like Suzaku is a bard!

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Sep 6, 2018

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's clearly trance kuja

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Tashilicious posted:

Not ashamed to say I thought this too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I guess since it could be connected, and a lot of points are still on point, when BluFever went private, he changed his profile icon to a picture of a lion and a rabbit. Some people are speculating that the second race besides Viera he hinted at is Ronso.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Pretty bird lady! Also, I want that hair.

pupuru posted:

I would note that Donut Scathe dropped a Blood Sword before they replaced that miniboss with the thing? But, in direct contrast to WoW, at least FFXIV got the ilvl correct before the first drop.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Sep 6, 2018

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Pretty bird lady! Also, I want that hair.

I would note that Donut Scathe dropped a Blood Sword before they replaced that miniboss with the thing? But, in direct contrast to WoW, at least FFXIV got the ilvl correct before the first drop.

That's because the blood sword was already implemented as a Gold Saucer reward.

And cheat answer on fuckups. XIV 1.0

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
I have literally no idea what you guys are talking about, but I'd like to say I am enjoying feeding my chocobo sour cabbages in between fighting with goblins.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Safeword posted:

I have literally no idea what you guys are talking about, but I'd like to say I am enjoying feeding my chocobo sour cabbages in between fighting with goblins.

Don't worry about it, it's not stuff you're going to run into for a while.

But when you do, strap yourself in. :getin:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
At least you can talk to GMs and have your stuff replaced more than once in forever in WoW :shrug:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Tashilicious posted:

Even in Final Fantasy XIV, Kuja manages to be the best girl.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So that's 3 Phoenixes now, right? That are all somehow different? Cool.

That was pretty dang cool. That last raid tier looks fun as heck (even though I will regret these words in like 4 weeks :argh:).

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Suzaku and raids look pretty cool+good, we’ll see about the Nier end boss I guess.

oh no it doesn’t look good for my dumb anime son does it :ohdear:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Suzaku and raids look pretty cool+good, we’ll see about the Nier end boss I guess.

oh no it doesn’t look good for my dumb anime son does it :ohdear:

I don't think it's going to be that Adam and Eve.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

We would need a new emote for the WoL to express their intense horror at the birthing scene.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

We would need a new emote for the WoL to express their intense horror at the birthing scene.

They already put the exclamation mark emote on the mog store though

RME
Feb 20, 2012

im glad suzaku is an idol

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

So that's 3 Phoenixes now, right? That are all somehow different? Cool.

That was pretty dang cool. That last raid tier looks fun as heck (even though I will regret these words in like 4 weeks :argh:).

Whilst Suzaku is a firey bird, she's not much like a western phoenix. No rebirth :eng101:

Who's the third firebird?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The cliffhanger at the end of the 4.3 MSQ really got me so with this trailer I'm super hyped for 4.4.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SettingSun posted:

The cliffhanger at the end of the 4.3 MSQ really got me so with this trailer I'm super hyped for 4.4.

It’s been so long that I don’t remember...how’d 4.3 end again?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

It’s been so long that I don’t remember...how’d 4.3 end again?

With the Alphinaud solo instance.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Reddit is going full :tinfoil:

quote:

Like Alisaie did previously for RDM, Alphinaud is gonna become the next and first BLU (blue mage) i can only see that now it's just too big of a coincidence between the duality (red/blue), Alphinaud being far too important to still have a miserable class (sorry arcanists but carby is in the past now, hey don't hate me i love SMN tho!) and the whole lore building up around it with the leaks confirmed...it's just too much.

Red + Blue = (Prelude in) Violet.

Math checks out.

I am trying to make out the dialogue but the parts I can make out seem to imply that "Shadowbringers" title may be right. The first line I can make out is "ahead looms light, expunging all form and life". The other lines I can make out go that way was well at some points.

I've noticed something else by the way: In the trailer we don't see a tank LB3 being used against the Omega wave cannon ultimate, but instead just a PLD using Passage of Arms.

This might be just for aesthetic purposes, but what if we don't actually have to use it there, because Omega is indeed the third fight and the typical "You have to use Tank LB3 against the ultimate of the final raid tier final boss" (Bahamut, Alexander) will be at Adam & Eve

So we have 2 more races and 3 jobs coming. Well, that will be a hell to balance for sure. I as a skepticist/realist would settle for even 1 job, but obviously I am hyped for all 3.

The leak of 2 races could also be just a false interpretation of 1 race with 2 variants, like high- and midlander.

It seems the person does know a lot, but not everything so i think there is place for interpretation left.

Also - that patch trailer is so loving good and so goddamn bonkers. If this is what we can expect from 4.4, what the gently caress is 4.5 going to be?!

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mordiceius posted:

Also - that patch trailer is so loving good and so goddamn bonkers. If this is what we can expect from 4.4, what the gently caress is 4.5 going to be?!

I guess there's been a person leaking poo poo for a while and people have been trying real hard to say he's making it up, but the stuff he says keeps happening so now they're all in and getting crazy about the stuff he posted about the expansion.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I'm a bit worried about a line in the trailer sounds like "history has been changed" and it's got me going full :tinfoil:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mordiceius posted:

4.5 is going to be DOL focused as you have to gather all of the rubble that was created in 4.4.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
New DoL Classes:

Graverobber (the last msq was a hint to this one)
Janitor (items discarded by players will now persist in the world)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

New DoL Classes:

build a new dalamud out of jellyfish cnida and animal skin

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ouhei posted:

I guess there's been a person leaking poo poo for a while and people have been trying real hard to say he's making it up, but the stuff he says keeps happening so now they're all in and getting crazy about the stuff he posted about the expansion.

Considering one of the first things he posted was "Oh yeah 4.3 ends with a duty where you play as Alphinaud" it's pretty ridiculous anyone doubted him to begin with. That's not something you get on a lucky guess.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

WrightOfWay posted:

With the Alphinaud solo instance.

Oh doi, now I remember. Yeah I’m curious to see where they go with that kind of thing.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

They've been wrong on other things.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

New DoL Classes:

Call me old-fashioned, but I did like how in old MUDs and even games like EverQuest you could just drop whatever on the ground, it would persist, and anyone could just pick it up. It's just one of those features that doesn't really work in modern MMO design.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Brainamp posted:

Like what?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I'm excited to play as a bunny suicide bomber wizard in 5.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Brainamp posted:

Like, twice, with one of them being personal conjecture and the other not being right about a boss but being right about something in the dungeon that wasn't a boss instead. (You do fight geomancers in Swallow's Compass they're just regular enemies instead).