Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

American McGay posted:

Shut the gently caress up holy poo poo this is the worst derail in all of human history. Why couldn't the earthquake hit wherever the SA servers are located these days.

Paging Fishmech to discuss the fine points of railway gages and the technical division of city limits and surrounding suburbs when it comes to calculating the population of a metro area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Andrast posted:

Weapon degradation in botw sucks and the world is empty and boring

Naw.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

Weapon degradation in botw sucks and the world is empty and boring

1/10 poor effort, nothing new

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Goku is absolutely going to be in Smash, I wonder if that would have been announced today
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09/05/super-smash-bros-ultimate-broly-dragon-ball-funimation/

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Manky posted:

Goku is absolutely going to be in Smash, I wonder if that would have been announced today
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09/05/super-smash-bros-ultimate-broly-dragon-ball-funimation/

It would be so loving funny if a DBZ character got into smash and it ended up being Broly

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Manky posted:

G-Goku...

GOKU!!!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

PantsBandit posted:

It would be so loving funny if a DBZ character got into smash and it ended up being Broly

Krillin or gtfo!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Funimation teased something for the last Smash Direct as well, they just like loving with people

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

it really would be

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

American McGay posted:

Shut the gently caress up holy poo poo this is the worst derail in all of human history. Why couldn't the earthquake hit wherever the SA servers are located these days.
Earthquakes can't hit the cloud, by its very nature, on account of being in the sky and not on the ground. :yayclod:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Put Goku in as an assist trophy who like trips and falls and dies, and then put Vegeta in as the playable DBZ fighter

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Macaluso posted:

Put Goku in as an assist trophy who like trips and falls and dies, and then put Vegeta in as the playable DBZ fighter

You got it backwards, Vegeta does the jobbing for Goku.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DLC Inc posted:

Funimation teased something for the last Smash Direct as well, they just like loving with people

They’ve done it a ton of times now. They teased constantly doing Smash 4 as well.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

They’ve done it a ton of times now. They teased constantly doing Smash 4 as well.

Goku confirmed for Smash 4

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

My Friend Goku is cool and good and I believe that if you believe in him he'll give you everything you need in life.

Goku.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

I'm pretty sure this game title was on a weird 4chan link a few weeks ago... that can only mean...

Metroid Equestrian Racing!!!!!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got Broforce for free on PS+ and thought it was boring indie pixel art drivel.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I got Broforce for free on PS+ and thought it was boring indie pixel art drivel.

I celebrated the release of Broforce on Switch by redownloading it on PS+, it's still pretty okay imo!

There's a lot worse in the derivative indie pixel art game genre.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't like fighting the Lagombi. It moves so fast, and since you can't get a great sword with green sharpness yet I keep bouncing off it's belly

Wait, how early is the Lagombi again? I had a green sharpness sword not too late in maybe 2* village quests. The one with the fangs that extend when drawn. Maybe it was leveled another time to get the green sharpness.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yoshi's Crafted Rammers

Barudak
May 7, 2007

^burtle posted:

I guess I need to dial down and try some easy runs, I've been getting bodied on normal and feeling like I'm not progressing at all.

Do easy. Its still not a guaranteed win but having less enemies spawn in can really help as you try to figure out how to use different teams.

Something I wish the game made clear is that if a mech is destroyed but has a heaing effect trigger on it as part of the same action it will undestroy itself. I.e. a mech with one health does a move that deals three damage to itself and heals itself for one will explode then stand back up again at one health and with the pilot still alive.

The other thing is that the final island is 2 back to back fights. You heal and get your resets back between them but you cant get sloppy on defense until the second round. Nearly lost my first run due to that.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 6, 2018

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

^burtle posted:

I guess I need to dial down and try some easy runs, I've been getting bodied on normal and feeling like I'm not progressing at all.

There's little incentive not to, at least until you've unlocked all the teams. The only caveat is that you get half the citizens rescued, which is meaningless, and you can't get the achievements that rely on you beating the game on Hard.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

PantsBandit posted:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Barudak posted:

Do easy. Its still not a guaranteed win but having less enemies spawn in can really help as you try to figure out how to use different teams.

Something I wish the game made clear is that if a mech is destroyed but has a heaing effect trigger on it as part of the same action it will undestroy itself. I.e. a mech with one health does a move that deals three damage to itself and heals itself for one will explode then stand back up again at one health and with the pilot still alive.

The other thing is that the final island is 2 back to back fights. You heal and get your resets back between them but you cant get sloppy on defense until the second round. Nearly lost my first run due to that.

I keep forgetting about the reset button.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just clicked the BroForce trailer on Nintendo's channel, and the trailer for a game is a really lame early 2000s adult swim GI Joe parody animation, with no gameplay footage, so not exactly reassuring or grabbing my interest.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I got baited, ignore me

E: friend linked me to a restream with that date so my bad

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 6, 2018

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I just clicked the BroForce trailer on Nintendo's channel, and the trailer for a game is a really lame early 2000s adult swim GI Joe parody animation, with no gameplay footage, so not exactly reassuring or grabbing my interest.

yeah that's weird that they didn't link a gameplay trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCdPdOtgOrE

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Dead Cells and Gungeon did that too. Just showed a lil cartoon and no gameplay

Kiiinda want that trend to die to be honest.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Cartoon/non-gameplay trailers can gently caress off. Though to be fair I haven't watched any game trailers in ages. It helps to avoid hype and if I want to know about a game I'll just look at videos on YouTube.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Have the cartoons, but also release gameplay along side it.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

Cartoon/non-gameplay trailers can gently caress off. Though to be fair I haven't watched any game trailers in ages. It helps to avoid hype and if I want to know about a game I'll just look at videos on YouTube.

Telling weak humans to avoid hype, good luck. There are people who get hyped about new shoes coming out.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nthing Easy Mode for Into the Breach as Subset Games is like Platinum with their difficulties levels. IE Easy = Normal, Normal = Hard, Hard = :fuckoff:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Zibidibodel posted:

I'm pretty sure this game title was on a weird 4chan link a few weeks ago... that can only mean...

Metroid Equestrian Racing!!!!!!

Yeah there's also a Wario game with "fart" in the title which, while very in character for a Wario game, I don't think they would allow "fart" in the title for one of their own first party games. Which means either the guy knew about Yoshi and BS'd everything else, the guy got very lucky with guessing the name of the Yoshi game, or there's actually a loving Metroid horse racing game coming out??

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Macaluso posted:

Yeah there's also a Wario game with "fart" in the title which, while very in character for a Wario game, I don't think they would allow "fart" in the title for one of their own first party games. Which means either the guy knew about Yoshi and BS'd everything else, the guy got very lucky with guessing the name of the Yoshi game, or there's actually a loving Metroid horse racing game coming out??

I keep seeing this game in the eShop sales and it pisses me off every time

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/sigi-a-fart-for-melusina-switch

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I keep seeing this game in the eShop sales and it pisses me off every time

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/sigi-a-fart-for-melusina-switch

This looks like something a neural network would poo poo out if you fed it a bunch of indie games

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This video effectively captures the attitude and tone of the game, but the gameplay is pretty far updated since the beta, although they seem to have removed explosive coconuts from the final version (!!!!!!)

Now I want explosive coconuts back in the game.

They added a ton of new characters for the 4th of July DLC and the Hell DLC, both of which come with the switch version

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

Nthing Easy Mode for Into the Breach as Subset Games is like Platinum with their difficulties levels. IE Easy = Normal, Normal = Hard, Hard = :fuckoff:

Maybe for FTL, but ITB on easy is an idle clicker game and playing on Normal you can win with near certainty if you know what you're doing.

e; I am a fairly vocal ITB critic but still totally recommend getting it.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 6, 2018

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, once you learn how to get on top of the vek and use your turns efficiently then easy becomes Much, Much Too Easy (or Perfect for Farming Difficult Achievements, depending how you look at it)

Great game, though, normal difficulty feels just right to me. If you manage to not choke for an hour or two then you should probably win

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Samsung microSD cards are on sale.

64GB: $18 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX29S9Q)
128GB: $34 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWZWYVP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Ignite Memories posted:

Yeah, once you learn how to get on top of the vek and use your turns efficiently then easy becomes Much, Much Too Easy (or Perfect for Farming Difficult Achievements, depending how you look at it)

Great game, though, normal difficulty feels just right to me. If you manage to not choke for an hour or two then you should probably win

I think my problem is that I keep loving up my deployments with my first team. I try and space out the mech and the tank with the artillery in the back and inevitably the enemy moves in a way that I can't reach something major.

• Locked thread