Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i guess it’s pretty cool that elizabeth holmes will get madoffed because she ripped off henry kissinger and mad dog mattis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Trabisnikof posted:

youre not, but its ok this is the same mistake journalists make all the time

https://www.popehat.com/2013/02/05/crime-whale-sushi-sentence-eleventy-million-years/

guidelines for over $100mil in wire fraud, affecting over 50 people, placed it between 121 and 151 months :shrug:

but yeah maxing out each charge and then totaling it is that p common headline thing they do - i'm sure we'll see a hed before long that's something like OVER A CENTURY IN PRISON!!!1

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

lmao

The Power Vest is a form of male privilege, a hideous fleece totem of the patriarchy’s oppression of non-cis-male people in the workplace. The Patagonia Nano Puff is complicit in the power structure that led to #MeToo.

I dressed up like Jared from Silicon Valley the other day on a lark, Columbia fleece vest over a button-down shirt

Nobody at work commented on it, and I'm not sure what that means

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I dressed up like Jared from Silicon Valley the other day on a lark, Columbia fleece vest over a button-down shirt

they already recognize you as the techbro you are

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shaggar posted:

rip alex jones twitter

rest in piss

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fits my needs posted:

i guess it’s pretty cool that elizabeth holmes will get madoffed because she ripped off henry kissinger and mad dog mattis

should be thrown a parade imo

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

muckswirler posted:

convicted on all counts, 5 year sentence, commuted to 2 on the condition that she stays out of the medical field for 15 years

Lol, you wish. Plea deal, 5 years probation, she pays back 10%, admits no fault and cannot be on the board of a public company for an additional 15 years.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

his punishment is that he's been trapped in this body for decades now and will continue to wander the earth in this fashion for all time

he really shouldn't have taunted that crucified dude

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fits my needs posted:

The real lesson we should take from this whole situation is to quit believing anything an MBA or business school graduate tells you about topic

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

I’d wear that to work, but it comes off as soon as I’m inside. office cardigan is the only acceptable inside work overwear.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Lehigh research team to investigate a “Google for research data”
https://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=1816325

...Ian??

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

okok 18 months in country club prison, 3 years probation, 15 years no serving on public boards

sunny balwani, after failing the paper bag test, will be sent to guantanamo bay

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

muckswirler posted:

okok 18 months in country club prison, 3 years probation, 15 years no serving on public boards

sunny balwani, after failing the paper bag test, will be sent to guantanamo bay

weren’t a lot of the finance dudes that got prison time basically the brown dudes that went to the same boarding schools and did the same illegal poo poo as all their white finance bros, but got pinched for it with real sentences?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sagebrush posted:

Sorry, but you'll never be that cool.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Peeny Cheez posted:

that guy fucks

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

fits my needs posted:

weren’t a lot of the finance dudes that got prison time basically the brown dudes that went to the same boarding schools and did the same illegal poo poo as all their white finance bros, but got pinched for it with real sentences?

people say that about Rajat Gupta but idk

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

commenting on peoples dress in the workplace is not appropriate. also nobody gives a poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

his punishment is that he's been trapped in this body for decades now and will continue to wander the earth in this fashion for all time

Yeesh yeah.

and even kissinger looks bad in this pic too

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
he looks like the angry trumpet dwarf

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeesh yeah.

and even kissinger looks bad in this pic too

crazy cuz normally he looks so fuckin hot

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E62iA6KCIQ

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

commenting on peoples dress in the workplace is not appropriate. also nobody gives a poo poo

"Appropriate" is not a term that regularly enters your average academic's mind

Peeny Cheez posted:

I look like gilfoyle anyway, not jared

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Sagebrush posted:

I look like gilfoyle anyway, not jared

oh no now I have a crush on you :(

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol they're goin to jail forever

https://twitter.com/big_cases/status/1037815435004129280

if i'm reading the sentencing guidelines correctly just one of those counts is for over 10 years

that's some good living

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I’m investor four’s $16

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

jit bull transpile posted:

oh no now I have a crush on you :(
Ewwwww.

I'd seriously do Bighead first.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Peeny Cheez posted:

Ewwwww.

I'd seriously do Bighead first.

ew

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I guess we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. Is it a looks thing? Because, between the two, I'm pretty sure Bighead at least takes direction well whereas Guilfoyle is totally the "You didn't come? I guess you must have been doing something wrong, because I did" type

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
who wouldnt want to gently caress this

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Peeny Cheez posted:

I guess we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. Is it a looks thing? Because, between the two, I'm pretty sure Bighead at least takes direction well whereas Guilfoyle is totally the "You didn't come? I guess you must have been doing something wrong, because I did" type

martín Starr is hot

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Well, yeah (although I'm more partial to Party Down Starr when there was scruff but not a beard) but Guilfoyle is just gross.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

my bitter bi rival posted:

crazy cuz normally he looks so fuckin hot

:nws::nws:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

fishmech posted:

who wouldnt want to gently caress this

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lol

uniqlo (or patagonia if ur bougie) nano puffy vests/jackets are pretty loving good for the bay area weather imo. i used to think puffy jackets were dumb but then i got one and its super cozy and comfortable, like wearing nothing that somehow keeps you at the perfect temperature

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Xaris posted:

like wearing nothing at all

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

the trumpet player should have started playing the oompa loompa song

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

lol

uniqlo (or patagonia if ur bougie) nano puffy vests/jackets are pretty loving good for the bay area weather imo. i used to think puffy jackets were dumb but then i got one and its super cozy and comfortable, like wearing nothing that somehow keeps you at the perfect temperature

have you tried being fat this weather’s excellent for that too

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Schadenboner posted:

My kid has a fear of hand-driers and those open-concept Dyson ones they have at our Costco almost give him apoplexy.

your kid is perfectly rational to fear the germspreaders

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Sagebrush posted:

if i were a tech billionaire i would dress like a james bond villain and my employees would all have to wear silver jumpsuits

in the late 70s, SJ had an idea to create an Apple Company Town south of the valley where everyone would live and work as one and wear uniform jumpsuits

fortunately he was dissuaded, probably by Markkula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
markkula is an unfairly cool name