Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
From what I've seen there is no Miles Black Suit or Superior Spider-man suit

I thought for sure once I learned (story spoiler) Doc Ock was the main villain that (speculation concerning spoiler) That the Superior Spider-man would kind of be part of the story, that ock would steal Petes body which is part of MJ investigating (trying to find out why he's acting so different) and that you'd take over as Miles for a bit after that which would end with Miles fighting the Superior Spider-man to restore Pete's conscious to his body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So is Spider Man worth getting once I buy my PS4? How's the web swinging?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

That new suit has grown on me.

Still won't stop me from switching to Spider-Punk ASAP.

I don't mind the white logo on the chest and back, it's just all the white on the hands and feet spoil it for me for some reason.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So is Spider Man worth getting once I buy my PS4? How's the web swinging?

Like one person here has played it since it's not out until tomorrow, but every review says yes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Listening to Giant Bomb talk about Spider-Man and they mention that if you run up to a person on the street and hit the attack button instead of punching the person or just hitting the air Spidey will do stuff like a thumb's up or finger guns.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wonder how big the day one patch will be

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's at least 5gb from the looks of it. My install is 51.55gb with it, and the download was just over 46gb.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So, like I gotta get it home, and then, like, sit there for 5 hours while it downloads?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, like I gotta get it home, and then, like, sit there for 5 hours while it downloads?

WELCOME TO THE FUTUUUUUURE!!!!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

bunnyofdoom posted:

If you activate your console on your account, when you buy a game from the PSN you can tell it to begin downloading, as long as the console is on Rest Mode.

It also auto-updates all your apps and the system.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

No, the Playstation lets you play while patches download.

You just won't have photo mode and certain accessibility features until it finishes.

Digital copies update ahead of time.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I am an old boring man and instead got the physical media version.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am an old boring man and instead got the physical media version.

I got the PS4 Pro combo because I wanted to upgrade anyway. I'm genuinely shocked it's the physical disc it comes with, that really seems like a huge waste.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Someone get me a ps4 tia.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I've been spending too much time at Games because I'm surprised at all these people that didn't own a Ps4 before

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Samuringa posted:

I've been spending too much time at Games because I'm surprised at all these people that didn't own a Ps4 before

Cool people own a Switch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And haven't turned it on in 6 months.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I use my Switch more than my PS4 or XBox combined.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah you can't just recycle jokes about the Wii like that. Keep your material up to date.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also said "You can't just recycle Wii games like that" and yet...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm in the worst 1st world problem place where I am sure i'll buy the game physically tomorrow after work...

...but I could get the digital version and let the ps4 spend hte next three hours downloading and updating that behemoth and play a little bit tonight, and then play asap after work. And then I might as well get that digital deluxe version with the DLC...

But it's a bad idea and Spider-man is not worth putting out 80 dollars that can't be traded or sold or gifted.

But maybe he is.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/store/countdown-to-launch/marvels-spider-man/
There's also a PS4 giveaway going on. If you have a PSN account (or make one for free) you can enter for a chance to win the Spider-man PS4. Might be worth a shot.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 7, 2018

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Aphrodite posted:

What are you talking about?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lurdiak posted:

Someone get me a ps4 tia.

Same fam

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Aphrodite posted:

Aren't there a bunch of remasters of old games on ps4

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I boiught one today from the interwebs, and I will probably buy the new Fire Pro Wrestling, Sniper Elite IV, Bloodstained, Nioh, Spider-Man and Broforce.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

Aren't there a bunch of remasters of old games on ps4

It's pretty much all they had for like a year after launch.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Midnight can't come soon enough

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

muscles like this! posted:

Listening to Giant Bomb talk about Spider-Man and they mention that if you run up to a person on the street and hit the attack button instead of punching the person or just hitting the air Spidey will do stuff like a thumb's up or finger guns.

I'm like 20 minutes away from having it and I want to download another copy. Holy heck

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Physical copy of the game comes with a free month of Marvel Unlimited.

Edit - US version also has a reversible cover.

Roth fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 7, 2018

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Web-swinging is really fun even though I'm still learning how to work it. The plot seems neat. I'm a sucker for side-mission icons, so I'm going nuts doing all of those.

My only negative so far is combat. It looks like Arkham's combat, but it is definitely not as good in my opinion.

Full disclosure, I died in the tutorial boss. More than once. Idk, it just isn't working for me. Maybe because it's so similar to Arkham that I just don't know the iframes and stuff? I dunno. Spidey is somehow not as good at countering and dodging and in general not eating 1000 punches at once.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 7, 2018

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I like the combat, but Spider-Man basically being a part-time cop is a really weird take on the character.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

Web-swinging is really fun even though I'm still learning how to work it. The plot seems neat. I'm a sucker for side-mission icons, so I'm going nuts doing all of those.

My only negative so far is combat. It looks like Arkham's combat, but it is definitely not as good in my opinion.

Full disclosure, I died in the tutorial boss. More than once. Idk, it just isn't working for me. Maybe because it's so similar to Arkham that I just don't know the iframes and stuff? I dunno. Spidey is somehow not as good at countering and dodging and in general not eating 1000 punches at once.

I think Arkham experience works against you in Spider-Man because the combat is just similar enough but the buttons are different which makes it really easy to muscle memory the wrong button.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

SonicRulez posted:

There aren't any i-frames. That's your problem.

The dodging in Spider-Man is entirely keyed to your spider-sense. If you hit the dodge button when the spider-sense lines flash blue, you dodge the attack. If you dodge early, you typically don't, unless the dodge happens to carry you out of the enemy's reach or line of sight. Just slapping the dodge button like it owes you money won't get you anywhere here, particularly since a lot of enemies, particularly the big guys, have attacks that are specifically meant to hit you anyway if all you're doing is random dodge-rolling.

Dan Didio posted:

I like the combat, but Spider-Man basically being a part-time cop is a really weird take on the character.

Not really. Yuri is from relatively early in Slott's run, and there have been a fair few arcs throughout the various series where Spidey's had a friend on the force. She's basically a modern update to Jean DeWolff.

I never thought it was too weird here, since Spidey's relative friendliness with the police is explicitly there to set up a few things later, not least of which is that you aren't the single person in New York City who's actually fighting crimes. That was something that used to bug me in Spider-Man 2, for example, that you couldn't go two blocks without finding a random mugger, but here, you tend to hear about street crimes from cops that are already on the job. That made it perversely easier for me to ignore them if I was already going after a specific goal.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Having a friend on the force is a lot different than being chummy with the police in general, to the point of working alongside them and taking orders from them and helping fix up their surveillance system.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Spider-Punk's a loving cop lmao.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Having a friend on the force is a lot different than being chummy with the police in general, to the point of working alongside them and taking orders from them and helping fix up their surveillance system.

George Stacy, Jean DeWolff, that one guy from Bendis's Ultimate run, and that one old dude who kept showing up during JMS's Amazing run would like to have some words with you. The character's got a rich tradition of being relatively chummy with the cops, especially when 616 DeWolff was alive.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Individuals =/= Entire police force.

It's a very different character choice to have Spider-Man, as an individual entity with his own goals, occasionally work with the help of singular elements of the police force to having him work within and alongside the police force as a whole.

Any story line that has that happening previously I'd argue is a similarly bizarre take on the character and misses a lot of the fundamentals.

Also, the working relationship with DeWolff was a lot different in tone and implication to the relationship with Yuri in this game.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Sep 7, 2018

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Individuals =/= Entire police force.

Some of the first Spider-Man comics I own are from Peter David's initial run on Spectacular, when Spider-Man is close enough to the NYPD that he's privy to some of their private jokes. ("Is this the one about Jean and the Miami Dolphins?") Spidey as a hometown hero who the cops don't particularly mind most of the time, and who they'll even work with, isn't an uncommon take on the character. See also DeFalco's run, JMS's, and parts of Slott's.

I'll grant that it's not the "iconic" version of Spidey, of course.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

JMS' run featured a flash forward in which cops shot Spider-man to death. So y'know. It's a love-hate relationship at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I like the cop thing. I feel like in both of the last two Spidey games I played, Ultimate and Web of Shadows, they shoot at you. Enough of that. In general, I feel like I'm playing in a really awesome version of the Marvel universe. When I got the 5 exp thing you can get from just hanging with civilians, I go so happy it's not even funny. That is seriously the best.

I'm boring. I just keep switching back and forth between Ben Reilly and Classico. Get that white spider outta here.