Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Again, the people who'd ordinarily be spending most of their time being down on the MCU are down on Star Wars instead at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Again, the people who'd ordinarily be spending most of their time being down on the MCU are down on Star Wars instead at the moment.

Give it a few months, they’ll pivot back once they see a woman in a lead MCU role

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wheat Loaf posted:

They’ve been down on Star Wars since 1999. Why stop now.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Star Wars is trash though

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That is true. But I also think Star Wars fans are annoying as poo poo and need to get over themselves. Watch literally anything else.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Zzulu posted:

Star Wars is trash though

CelticPredator posted:

That is true.

Mods???

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I'm kinda burned out on MCU as well. Its weird, because aside from Thor 2, Avengers 2, Iron Man 2, I've really enjoyed the movies. I went to see Ant Man and the Wasp, enjoyed it, but still feel burned out. What I want are more things like Ragnarok, bringing in the Silver Surfer/Galactus for more cosmic poo poo. And on the other side of the coin, more movies like Logan.

What is the high level plan after IW2? We have Captain Marvel, IW2, then what are the next 3-4 movies?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I’ll allow it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The third second Spider-Man film is the only other 2019 release and they haven't named the (three) 2020 films.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

kaesarsosei posted:

What is the high level plan after IW2? We have Captain Marvel, IW2, then what are the next 3-4 movies?

Well, James Gunn was reportedly going to have an important role in deciding what direction things took next but

Edit: The worst reaction the MCU ever gets from its fans is indifference. It doesn't seem to attract the same kind of outright hostility as Star Wars does these days. I don't think any MCU actors have been bullied off the social media because people didn't like their characters in the movies.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 7, 2018

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

kaesarsosei posted:

I'm kinda burned out on MCU as well. Its weird, because aside from Thor 2, Avengers 2, Iron Man 2, I've really enjoyed the movies. I went to see Ant Man and the Wasp, enjoyed it, but still feel burned out. What I want are more things like Ragnarok, bringing in the Silver Surfer/Galactus for more cosmic poo poo. And on the other side of the coin, more movies like Logan.

They're finally going to get a little more experimental now they have the Fox properties. We're going to see a Doop trilogy.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

I'm going to be so annoyed if there is an early fake out where you think he loses the eye only to reveal it was just a scratch.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

DynamicSloth posted:

I'm going to be so annoyed if there is an early fake out where you think he loses the eye only to reveal it was just a scratch.

I hope they do. Just because I've enjoyed Marvel Studios consistent low-level trolling of its fans.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Just have nothing happen to his eye the whole movie then end with a post-credit sequence of Fury at the eye doctor.

Fury is complaining about his eye hurting after getting shampoo in his eye and the last shot is the doctor going "hmm that's not good."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"Lt. Fury, for your service in this Kree matter, the Council would like to award you with this,a genuine Red Ryder BB Gun with Compass in the Stock"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CelticPredator posted:

I'm down on the MCU. Give me Infinity War 2 so I can get the gently caress outta this poo poo.

Maybe I'll catch Spider-Man on my way out.

What about Dr Strange 2?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I look forward to every MCU flick with varying levels of excitement. The only one I've left the theater and gone UGH was Thor 2.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

achillesforever6 posted:

What about Dr Strange 2?

Hm, just depends if ol Cargill is still writing it O guess.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I remain at my standard level for MCU hype, which is maximum.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

I look forward to every MCU flick with varying levels of excitement. The only one I've left the theater and gone UGH was Thor 2.

I rented Thor 2 on Amazon and couldn’t even muster an UGH. I forgot everything about that movie as I was watching it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I used to get really hyped for movies then never actually saw them in the cinema. The one time I did (for Phantom Menace) I think I got so hyped that it exhausted all of my hype reserves for the rest of my life; I never had been and never have been as hyped for anything as I was for Phantom Menace; the only other thing I got somewhat hyped for was the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie and I think I was running on hype fumes by then.

Closest I've come since was actually Force Awakens but I don't tend to feel hyped for movies or really most things any more. I'll see something if I think it looks good but I don't live and breathe it like I did when I was eight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think the most HYPE I have ever gotten for a film was Spider-man, the original Raimi film. I was so hype I bought tickets for three showings on opening day and I was stubborn as hell because it was only a good film but god drat it I spent that money and I wasn't throwing it away.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All timer hype for me was AvP.

I followed that movie every single day until the moment I left to see it at the theater. It was great then.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I would get hyped for things like Jurassic Park 2, Batman & Robin and Wild Wild West.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Who wasn’t hyped for those.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We used to tailgate movies so once sufficiently drunk we'd be pretty hype. Through the store we bought out an entire showing of Avengers and I was ripshit by the time the film actually began.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
after ten years of movies and all the speculation of how it would play out i was anxious to see infinity war but tbh i cant remember the last time i was like, actually HYPE about a movie

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I think the most HYPE I have ever gotten for a film was Spider-man, the original Raimi film. I was so hype I bought tickets for three showings on opening day and I was stubborn as hell because it was only a good film but god drat it I spent that money and I wasn't throwing it away.

Winter Soldier after they released the ship assault scene as a teaser

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wheat Loaf posted:

I would get hyped for things like Jurassic Park 2, Batman & Robin and Wild Wild West.

At least you weren’t getting hyped for bad movies.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I saw The Master of Disguise in theaters the Saturday it came out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

after ten years of movies and all the speculation of how it would play out i was anxious to see infinity war but tbh i cant remember the last time i was like, actually HYPE about a movie

John Wick 2 but then it was not great.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
friendship over

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I was anxious about Black Panther, because I knew if it didn't blow everyone away, it'd be another 10 years or so before we got another superhero movie with a guy who looks like me in the main role and not as the snappy sidekick. Infinity War also had me feeling anxious because I really wasn't ready to lose Cap.

As far as genuine going out of my mind hype it was probably The Dark Knight Rises. I did the thing where they showed Begins, TDK, and then Rises at midnight. That was a very disappointing day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

friendship over

It's only good, not a badass boss flick like the first one.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

It's only good, not a badass boss flick like the first one.

hmmmm okay but youre on a six month probationary period

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe 3 will be amazing? He's got a horse in the set photos!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i heard 3 is gonna be the last one and im so mad

i need prequels and sequels and an expanded universe

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a show being made! And comics!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The most disappointing thing about JW2 is that, in the scene at the end where he's running through the park and everyone is getting updates on their phones about the price on his head because everyone is actually an assassin, there wasn't a shot of the baby in that pram getting its phone out and then glancing at the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I thought the bulletproof suit was dumb. And he shrugged off injuries that nearly killed him in the first one.

• Locked thread