Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Retiring young sounds rad. Much better than the actors who gently caress up their finances and have to endlessly take lovely roles (or just get addicted to making money.)

I'm on track for retirement at 46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

same but 420

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

i will probably never retire because I'm a millennial

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

same but 69

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

jit bull transpile posted:

i will probably never retire because I'm a millennial

retirement lol

i have a degree and a full time job and i'm going to work until i'm dead thanks dad

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
retirement is boomer privilege

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

hobbesmaster posted:

does android at least use LTS kernels?

why do you think LTS kernels are supported for 6 years now lol

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Perplx posted:

retirement is boomer privilege

Did you ever retire a human by mistake?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

you don't get to retire, you get retired

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ive never retired a human but i plan on retiring a corpse.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
gonna retire to my ready room

aka my posting station :destiny:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

that’s loving slick. totally gonna steal it.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I tend to wait until I'm ready before I go to that room?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol if you don’t hide from your family in the bathroom. lmao.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

lol if you don’t hide from your family in the bathroom. lmao.

We're in a 2/1 apartment, the bathroom is literally the worst place to hide.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LastInLine posted:

This has been the last 24 hours of my relationship with Google:

• I discovered yesterday that if my car pairs with my phone over Bluetooth, my watch will completely stop functioning. This is a new car so I can't say how new this issue is but any time I go anywhere I have to restart both the phone and the watch in order for the watch to see the phone.
  • Today at some point secondary users on Google Homes have lost the ability to reach the Hue bridge meaning on half of my devices I can't control the lights. Google support says it's a known issue and that I'll receive an email when it's fixed. Meanwhile I guess I'm supposed to sit in the dark.
  • Messages no longer sends SMS. When the server-side update to Messages was flipped a couple weeks ago giving it the new UI, it stopped sending SMSs entirely for me. They'd just silently fail, regardless of signal strength or whether it was done via the web interface or the app. When the change was reverted the problem went away. Now the problem is back. Third party apps work fine, except I never use my phone to text, I always use the web. I guess no more texts for me.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

MORE LENSES = BETTER THAN

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

yes, it runs android

it also costs more than an actual good camera [2 grand]

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

and last i heard it was half baked

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

President Beep posted:

and last i heard it was half baked

yeah it is worse at everything than any actual camera half its price

quote:

But when I tried to rattle off a burst of shots, things ground to a halt. The refresh rate of the screen, which is forgivable when you’re taking one or two photos, makes capturing multiple images a headache. I’m a professed over-shooter, but it has a significant speed limit.

I also found the camera’s autofocus to be slow and sometimes unreliable, especially in low light. And since all this is managed through the touchscreen, it was hard to make sure I had it focused on exactly the right spot. There’s just way more room for error here than you’d find on a traditional digital camera.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

anroid.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ændronema

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

yeah it is worse at everything than any actual camera half its price

wow, turns out google's slow-rear end os is absolute dogshit for controlling hardware? who could have guessed?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines posted:

wow, turns out google's slow-rear end os is absolute dogshit for controlling hardware? who could have guessed?

also 16 5mm sensors not as good as one 1.5” one who knew

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

qirex posted:

yes, it runs android

it also costs more than an actual good camera [2 grand]
verge score: 5.0

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

anthonypants posted:

verge score: 5.0

given their typical 7-10 scale that’s actually a -2

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

well, yeah, if you refuse to increase the depth of the device there aren't that many ways of increasing effective sensor area

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

well, yeah, if you refuse to increase the depth of the device there aren't that many ways of increasing effective sensor area

perhaps useless thing doesn't need to exist on useless device that shouldn't exist

- hail esatan

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

haven't seen whether it works out yet, but it is a perfectly plausible route to better camera performance, and better camera performance is one a distinctly useful thing. lot of old nokia people involved with this stuff, and while stuff like the lumia 1020 also looked weird and came with pretty heavy downsides it was a very nice camera.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
all those hosed up lens pictures make me feel queasy. i guess I have the ol Trypophobia

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm trying to figure out how much of that lens arrangement is actually required by optics and how much is just laziness

Because goddamn that is an ugly composition

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

I'm trying to figure out how much of that lens arrangement is actually required by optics and how much is just laziness

turn

your

monitor

on

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

i'll eat my words so quick if they end up using the lens arrangement for some stupid loving effect and half-rear end improved camera performance in normal tasks

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i'll eat my words so quick if they end up using the lens arrangement for some stupid loving effect and half-rear end improved camera performance in normal tasks

get to it then

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

get to it then

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

if its for 3d imaging something weird like that would make sense

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

get to it then

do you know something in addition to the picture or is this a gimmick or what?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

https://petapixel.com/2017/12/08/review-light-l16-brilliant-braindead/

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the counterpoint is quite a number of good implementations of dual-lens systems though, once you go beyond 1 you immediately have a bit of a task to merge the sensor data intelligently, but it does not really get fundamentally harder for any number above 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

do you know something in addition to the picture or is this a gimmick or what?

idk it's really difficult to determine if this android pos with 20 cameras glued to it is a gimmick or not