Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Additional international orc update: Limm friend Morc is indeed nice orc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Got my package! The button tried to escape but failed.

Look's like I'm some kind of business orc.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh drat, Mark's already got some prototypes of the Shadokesh in the flesh, and they look just like the 3D mockups, which is good.

also a resin version of the hovertank that shows up on the boxart for the various Eisenkern/Valkir, which looks neat, though I'm not sure I'd get one.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Hoverstug.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I was beginning to despair, but my copy of Orc Stabr came yesterday, with a recipe for "Limm's Meat Cake."

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

homullus posted:

I was beginning to despair, but my copy of Orc Stabr came yesterday, with a recipe for "Limm's Meat Cake."

Real talk that's the recipe for the meat loaf we ate during the making of the game.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Real talk that's the recipe for the meat loaf we ate during the making of the game.

The KS that keeps on giving. At this rate it’ll be more famous than doobie’s

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I mean, we already produced more food that doobie ever did

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I went to DragonCon last weekend. I'm not into dressing up as anything, but I proudly wore my Limm's Orc Army pin.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Today ended up being a good day.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Nice orcanizer.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Dedman Walkin posted:

Today ended up being a good day.

Oh dang, got wednesday frog too, nice

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I got home last night all ready to post about my mailbox remaining unstabr'd, but secret birds delivered!

Or possibly... ORC PILOTS delivered!

And I was reminded that I live a couple of minutes walk away from where PJ recorded the stomping sounds of thousands of rugby fans to be marching Uruk Hai in LOTR, which seems appropriately orcy.

Thanks Limm and Nemesis of Moles, this is the best Kickstarter experience I've ever had.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I've said it before but y'all are really the best and seeing these posted is phenomenal. The whole team has been in a constant state of hype the past few weeks and it's really emboldened us for the next thing, so, your super welcome and thank you all so much

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
The kickstarter for Football Highlights 2052 is up.

There's a disappointing lack of robots, though.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Ooh just got the email for BEE LIVES, starting Kickstartering in 4 days!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thank you Nemesis of Moles and your coworkers for the replacement pins! We received 2 pins in their own little sealed thing and 2 monster cards!

Maybe I'll actually remember to have my fiancee plug the scanner in so we can scan this stuff

Also, I remembered that the initial envelope that had the broken pin also had a tear in it as if someone had tried to rip open a portion of it. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I think someone said that the post office has people that'll try to open up envelopes if they feel coins in them. Is that a thing? If so, well, I'm glad the pin made it through even if it did end up damaged, though maybe the rip was from it being damaged in the first place.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

My suspicion is that the button escape is a function of the processing machinery, given how widespread it is.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

homullus posted:

My suspicion is that the button escape is a function of the processing machinery, given how widespread it is.

This is absolutely it. The Post office confirmed as much when we went to mail some of the other copies recently.

Basically we mailed a test batch domestic and international with no problems, no escaped badges or anything. Then when time came to mail our first real batch, we were told everything should be fine - we even voiced concern about the small bulge in the envelopes that the buttons have. Turns out whoever told us that was just wrongo, hence us getting like 20 return envelopes and the whole button escape fiasco lots of people have had. It really sucks, but its fixable and we have the budget to replace buttons for days basically.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I finally got to my mailbox! Badge all present and correct!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The_Doctor posted:

I finally got to my mailbox! Badge all present and correct!

That bottom text is a relief. I can just imagine the moral panic opinion pieces as a rash of bird stabbings are attributed to a *gasp* RPG.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I think it should still be ok to mock mockingbirds though, right? "A lot the hell you know, you're just a dumb bird."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bruceski posted:

That bottom text is a relief. I can just imagine the moral panic opinion pieces as a rash of bird stabbings are attributed to a *gasp* RPG.

Isn’t every copy unique? We'd know who was responsible at least.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I just noticed this on the other side of the sheet.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Jedit posted:

Isn’t every copy unique? We'd know who was responsible at least.

"After the dead bird epidemic I did some research, and found THIS picture on the internet!"

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I was a little confused by my Orc Stabr at first:

But I think it'll work out.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

bbcisdabomb posted:

I was a little confused by my Orc Stabr at first:

But I think it'll work out.

A diceless FD&C dye-based version of ORC STABR.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I cracked up seeing that cause I totally remember it being made by one of our team and me asking how exactly that was supposed to work.

I asked for clarification just now and this is what I got;

Consider this the first bit of Orc Stabr Errata

Edit: Update

This is very much a living game

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 7, 2018

jadarx
May 25, 2012
The Horizon: Zero Dawn kickstarter is up and the main character from the video game is a kickstarter exclusive.
:hmmyes:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

jadarx posted:

The Horizon: Zero Dawn kickstarter is up and the main character from the video game is a kickstarter exclusive.

Headline I saw was literally "SO MANY STRETCH GOALS"

Ughhhhh

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I should mention the kickstarted BattleCON Online finally got its public release on Steam, and all the characters are free to try in this opening week. So if you're up for fighting games that are actually card games that is now a video game, it's one of the best.

Seeing it come from the rough early treatments to the game now available publicly has been fantastic. It's still rough around the edges - but the versus play works well and has been tuned pretty thoroughly, and that's the meat of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrfcS6LGQfE

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

jadarx posted:

board_game_kickstarter.txt right here

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

board_game_kickstarter.txt right here

I don't know. Do they usually make the main character of the property the game is based on an exclusive? Because that seems a little worse.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

That Old Tree posted:

I don't know. Do they usually make the main character of the property the game is based on an exclusive? Because that seems a little worse.

You're right, it is a particularly egregious version of that whole FOMO exclusives nonsense, rather than a really common example. Doesn't look like the character is much more than a cool mini at least.

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

You're right, it is a particularly egregious version of that whole FOMO exclusives nonsense, rather than a really common example. Doesn't look like the character is much more than a cool mini at least.

Amidst the flood of expansions and miniatures, I was trying to figure out what the gameplay is like. It sounds similiar to Kingdom Death, but less random and the enemies are robots instead of ambulatory dickmonsters. Is that about right?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Related to Traditional Games, a good friend of mine is currently using a Kickstarter to get some money for their boardgame cafe in Newcastle UK. I know the chance of many people here being the target demographic (ie living close) is unlikely but I thought I would share anyway!

Here is the Kickstarter with all the relevant information for anyone interested https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meepleperk/meeple-perk

Even if people don't pledge any ideas on how to get more exposure would be greatly recieved!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I should mention the kickstarted BattleCON Online finally got its public release on Steam, and all the characters are free to try in this opening week. So if you're up for fighting games that are actually card games that is now a video game, it's one of the best.

Seeing it come from the rough early treatments to the game now available publicly has been fantastic. It's still rough around the edges - but the versus play works well and has been tuned pretty thoroughly, and that's the meat of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrfcS6LGQfE

Is there a good "how the hell does this work" guide out there? I didn't think the tutorials were that helpful.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is there a good "how the hell does this work" guide out there? I didn't think the tutorials were that helpful.

It's a 98% straight adaptation of the boardgame so your best bet is just to read the rulebook: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4795muze7mroop9/Trials%20Rules.pdf?dl=0 (the only difference is the Force Special Action card in BCO is just Switch because you can play finishers from hand without needing to physically put down a second card to fool your opponent into thinking it's a pair).

And if you still have questions afterwards, you can ask in the thread or in the BCO Discord which is linked from inside the game.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Here's something interesting. It's a heartbreaker for Advanced Fighting Fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
What makes it heartbreaky for AFF?