Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

MollyMetroid posted:

What makes it heartbreaky for AFF?

The attributes are Skill, Stamina, and Luck. Combat damage is weapon table based. All rolls are resolved on six sided dice. A lot of the background rules are similar, testing luck, eating to regain stamina, etc.

The setting does not remind me very much of AFF though.

E:But to be fair, I’ve really only read FF novels that took themselves a bit too seriously.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I cracked up seeing that cause I totally remember it being made by one of our team and me asking how exactly that was supposed to work.

I asked for clarification just now and this is what I got;

Consider this the first bit of Orc Stabr Errata

Edit: Update

This is very much a living game

At least now I have an excuse to go get more fruit loops. All I have are cheerios and I feel that would be against the spirit of the game.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
And I have finally completed the book from my third kickstarter. Panic at the Dojo is available for sale! :toot:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

And I turned in the last text for Squadron Strike: Traveller last night.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

bbcisdabomb posted:

At least now I have an excuse to go get more fruit loops. All I have are cheerios and I feel that would be against the spirit of the game.

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to make the Cheerios sufficiently fruity by smashing a strawberry or apple on them first. It seems orcish.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

gnome7 posted:

And I have finally completed the book from my third kickstarter. Panic at the Dojo is available for sale! :toot:

Do I smell a fourth kickstarter?

Seriously, though, congratulations. This book looks lit.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

gnome7 posted:

This looks like a game I've wanted forever. Congrats!

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Covok posted:

Do I smell a fourth kickstarter?

Seriously, though, congratulations. This book looks lit.

Fourth kickstarter was two months ago: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1552912590/final-bid-the-cinematic-auction-game

I am planning for this one to not be almost a year late.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

gnome7 posted:

Awesome! You have a number of fans from the FnF of this game, including myself, so I'm going to link this up to that thread right now.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

That 3D printed Mall kickstarter I talked about backing earlier is in its last few hours. Unfortunately the guy running it, while good at producing the actual product seems to not be so good at promoting it.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I was interested in it, but with everything having trademarked logos slapped over it, I have little hope that it will actually reach backers hands.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Aren't they all defunct stores?

E: I thought part of the joke was that it's a "dead" mall in several senses, but IDK if KMart is still around.

moths fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 9, 2018

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

moths posted:

Aren't they all defunct stores?

E: I thought part of the joke was that it's a "dead" mall in several senses, but IDK if KMart is still around.

Sears still exists, at least.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SpikeMcclane posted:

I was interested in it, but with everything having trademarked logos slapped over it, I have little hope that it will actually reach backers hands.
I think he's said that if he gets hit with a C&D he'll replace it with generic stuff.

He's also decided to give everyone who backs at the top tier all of the city builder stretch goals, which is nice of him.

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.
I've opened my Kickstarter for Imulse Drive!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1743149756/impulse-drive

Impulse Drive is a space opera roleplaying game about Misfits and Spaceships, using the Powered By The Apocalypse engine, popularized by games like Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, Dungeon World, and Masks. Play as a crew of volatile, bombastic scoundrels and troublemakers as they navigate dangerous situations involving deadly environments, untrustworthy NPCs, and strange aliens.

This campaign will raise the funds to pay some very skilled professionals familiar with RPG design and Kickstarter funded publishing and turn Impulse Drive into a fully realized Print on Demand book, printed and distributed through Drivethu RPG.

Impulse Drive is rules complete. If you want to check the game out before backing, the Preview version of Impulse Drive is available through Drivethru now. This link will always have an art-free version of the most up to date rules available as Pay What You Want, so that people who cannot afford to buy the game can still play.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/190933/Impulse-Drive-Preview

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Sears still exists, at least.

KMart is owned by Sears, and both will likely be out of business by end of year. They have been selling off stores at a breakneck pace, because having divested themselves off all their brands, the last valuable thing the company can be stripped of is properties.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

madadric posted:

I've opened my Kickstarter for Imulse Drive!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1743149756/impulse-drive

Impulse Drive is a space opera roleplaying game about Misfits and Spaceships, using the Powered By The Apocalypse engine, popularized by games like Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, Dungeon World, and Masks. Play as a crew of volatile, bombastic scoundrels and troublemakers as they navigate dangerous situations involving deadly environments, untrustworthy NPCs, and strange aliens.

This campaign will raise the funds to pay some very skilled professionals familiar with RPG design and Kickstarter funded publishing and turn Impulse Drive into a fully realized Print on Demand book, printed and distributed through Drivethu RPG.

Impulse Drive is rules complete. If you want to check the game out before backing, the Preview version of Impulse Drive is available through Drivethru now. This link will always have an art-free version of the most up to date rules available as Pay What You Want, so that people who cannot afford to buy the game can still play.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/190933/Impulse-Drive-Preview

Goon-run PBTA space opera basically has my attention, but what does this do that Uncharted Worlds doesn't? Because Uncharted Worlds is really drat good. Similar overall idea and sharing an illustrator kind of forces the comparison.

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.

Echophonic posted:

Goon-run PBTA space opera basically has my attention, but what does this do that Uncharted Worlds doesn't? Because Uncharted Worlds is really drat good. Similar overall idea and sharing an illustrator kind of forces the comparison.

Thanks for the question! I Don't want to put words in Sean Gomes' mouth as to what uncharted worlds is designed to do, but Impulse Drive focuses on the pulpy character-centric space opera feel of shows like Farscape, Andromeda, Killjoys, & Dark Matter.

To do this, the 8 focused character archetype playbooks have their specific Moves as you would expect, but also Calamities, 7 fictional and mechanical milestones that complicate your characters life as you play and take Stress. Characters also have Hooks, relationships with PCs or NPCs, or problems they take with them wherever they go. Playing to you Hooks will earn you XP at the end of the session but may also be used during play to complicate your characters life, making a low roll more likely which makes the situation more fraught but also earns you XP.

There are 4 unique ship playbooks that describe a core premise of the Crew, their motivations, how the galaxy perceives them, and a tension or problem they take with them everywhere. While some Upgrades are shared among all of the Ships, each Ship has its own Moves for traveling between stars and what happens when they complete a mission/job/adventure to make them feel unique. Money and time are abstracted to the consequences of having and spending it, to ensure players can't hoard wealth and are always hungry for the next job.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
The Horizon minis look really good but Steamforged also made Dark Souls so I'm probably not going to back it. Makes me sad.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
The Bee Lives kickstarter is finally up! Go check it out, spread the word and get yourself some bees!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/580070528/bee-lives-we-will-only-know-summer/

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Also up today is the expansion for Everdell, which my group really enjoyed.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/starlinggames/pearlbrook-the-first-expansion-for-everdell

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

madadric posted:

Thanks for the question! I Don't want to put words in Sean Gomes' mouth as to what uncharted worlds is designed to do, but Impulse Drive focuses on the pulpy character-centric space opera feel of shows like Farscape, Andromeda, Killjoys, & Dark Matter.

To do this, the 8 focused character archetype playbooks have their specific Moves as you would expect, but also Calamities, 7 fictional and mechanical milestones that complicate your characters life as you play and take Stress. Characters also have Hooks, relationships with PCs or NPCs, or problems they take with them wherever they go. Playing to you Hooks will earn you XP at the end of the session but may also be used during play to complicate your characters life, making a low roll more likely which makes the situation more fraught but also earns you XP.

There are 4 unique ship playbooks that describe a core premise of the Crew, their motivations, how the galaxy perceives them, and a tension or problem they take with them everywhere. While some Upgrades are shared among all of the Ships, each Ship has its own Moves for traveling between stars and what happens when they complete a mission/job/adventure to make them feel unique. Money and time are abstracted to the consequences of having and spending it, to ensure players can't hoard wealth and are always hungry for the next job.

Very stoked for this. For me, Uncharted Worlds has the same problems that Dungeon World and Spirit of 77 have: lack of mechanical focus. I get worried any time a PBTA game has way too many choices/moves.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

nesbit37 posted:

The Bee Lives kickstarter is finally up! Go check it out, spread the word and get yourself some bees!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/580070528/bee-lives-we-will-only-know-summer/

Dang, killing it right out the gate! I'm yelling about this wherever I can. Good luck beefriend!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Dang, killing it right out the gate! I'm yelling about this wherever I can. Good luck beefriend!

Thanks! Excited so far, I just hope the momentum keeps up.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Table of Ultimate Gaming has launched a cheaper table as well as table-toppers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/972632882/gamechanger-game-tables-and-table-toppers/description

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Brain Curry posted:

Table of Ultimate Gaming has launched a cheaper table as well as table-toppers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/972632882/gamechanger-game-tables-and-table-toppers/description

This got launched a little bit ago too
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/woodedrealms/2nd-breakfast-an-affordable-quality-board-game-tab

And the boardgametables people that did the Duchess a couple years ago launched their updated version
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1296268806/the-jasper-a-board-gaming-table

A friend got the Duchess last time and had a few problems but apparently got them all resolved. I've played on it and it is mostly a nice table but I'm glad they redesigned the topper. Now IKEA just needs to release one.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Yvonmukluk posted:

That 3D printed Mall kickstarter I talked about backing earlier is in its last few hours. Unfortunately the guy running it, while good at producing the actual product seems to not be so good at promoting it.

I hope this ends up on drivethru at some point because it looks neat but I'm tapped out at the moment.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Echophonic posted:

Also up today is the expansion for Everdell, which my group really enjoyed.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/starlinggames/pearlbrook-the-first-expansion-for-everdell

This is an instant pledge for me. The base game is so good, I've really enjoyed playing it with both experienced game nerds and non-gamers. The art, theming and components are top-notch and the actual gameplay is really satisfying. I'd highly recommend it for anyone who is into worker-placement or engine-building games or anyone who likes charming woodland creatures.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, someone in my gaming group bought it almost immediately after playing it once. It's definitely good.

Also axolotl meeples.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

cyberia posted:

This is an instant pledge for me. The base game is so good, I've really enjoyed playing it with both experienced game nerds and non-gamers. The art, theming and components are top-notch and the actual gameplay is really satisfying. I'd highly recommend it for anyone who is into worker-placement or engine-building games or anyone who likes charming woodland creatures.

I broadly agree with you, but I have two problems with the gameplay:

The fool card has singlehandedly swung every game we've played. It's a take that mechanism that is HUGELY impactful and totally out of wack with the rest of the game

The opening hand is too important. If you draw the nuts in your opener you are going to win and everyone else is dead.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Finally got Dialect, was originally PDF only but then realised you need the card so I got a dead tree version as well. It seems pretty good and even though it has backdrops, there's a lot of scope for replaying them or even just making up your own. Can't wait to give it a try.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I got my long overdue Hasslefree minis last week, so they're back in the "not going under" category.

Also received my copy of The Brigade plus expansion today, looking forward to giving it a spin

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

This got launched a little bit ago too
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/woodedrealms/2nd-breakfast-an-affordable-quality-board-game-tab

And the boardgametables people that did the Duchess a couple years ago launched their updated version
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1296268806/the-jasper-a-board-gaming-table

A friend got the Duchess last time and had a few problems but apparently got them all resolved. I've played on it and it is mostly a nice table but I'm glad they redesigned the topper. Now IKEA just needs to release one.

The only problem with these two is they top out at 3'x5', short 1' in both directions for anyone looking for a table to host a full size miniatures game like 40k, otherwise they look neat

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I live in germany and i got my amazingly thematic ORC STABR copy today.

i love it! I'm so glad to have backed this.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

We talked about there being two perfect people to get that;

1) A goon
2) an alt-right dweebus

p happy it ended up with the first

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 11, 2018

Combaticus
Jan 14, 2008

Perfection

Dominance

Ultimate

Fighting

Biotechnology
--. --- - -- -.-- -.-. --- .--. -.-- --- ..-. --- .-. -.-. ... - .- -... .-. .. -. -.. . -. -- .- .-. -.- -.-.--

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's the morse code on the sheet say, I tried typing it out in a translator but I got an error so I must've put it in wrong

Combaticus
Jan 14, 2008

Perfection

Dominance

Ultimate

Fighting

Biotechnology
I had to do a couple of passes before I got it right, turned it upside down at first …

But it's THESECRETISINNORMALHUMANDOTBUSINESS

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thank you! :)

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I mentioned this on the KS page itself, but anyone in Canada or Australia who is waiting on their copy of Orc Stabr - I got the last remaining lot in the post yesterday. That also includes anyone who is missing badges or cards that I spoke to.

Also I formally announced Americana today for anyone interested in that. Should have a few more details up soon, and a quickstart rule set. Shooting for an October kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I mentioned this on the KS page itself, but anyone in Canada or Australia who is waiting on their copy of Orc Stabr - I got the last remaining lot in the post yesterday. That also includes anyone who is missing badges or cards that I spoke to.

Thanks! Seeing all these ace full page versions is making me wish I could go for more than the halfsies now, but tight dollarydoos are tight dollarydoos.