Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

4-12 feels generous after what I saw.

Nah, this was a perfect storm disaster. offense, defense, and special teams were all aggressively awful but there's enough talent left over from last year's 9-7 to win a few games late in the year if Allen starts

They got blown out almost as badly last year on several occasions, after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Nah, this was a perfect storm disaster. offense, defense, and special teams were all aggressively awful but there's enough talent left over from last year's 9-7 to win a few games late in the year if Allen starts

They got blown out almost as badly last year on several occasions, after all

What talent is left over that is good? Like I genuinely don't know who is playing there that would be an above average NFL starter besides I guess Shady and Hyde but I might be overlooking someone.

I think I would take the Browns roster over the Bills right now and I don't think it is really even that close.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's really hard to go winless.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

What talent is left over that is good? Like I genuinely don't know who is playing there that would be an above average NFL starter besides I guess Shady and Hyde but I might be overlooking someone.

I think I would take the Browns roster over the Bills right now and I don't think it is really even that close.

They have a great secondary

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

The problem with the Browns at this point is unquestionably coaching-you get rid of Jackson and put in a coach that knows what he's doing, I could easily see a Rams-esque revival.

The Bills, christ I wouldn't even know where to start.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

The Bill's O-line is one of the worst I've seen in years. Ya'll gonna Carr Allen.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/DougLesmerises/status/1038899823070654465

:thunk:

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
lolbrowns

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Poyer, Tre White, Edmunds, Hughes, Kyle Williams on D

Offense is pretty bleak but Dion Dawkins is pretty dece. Chuck Clay still balls but they don't use him.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

But yeah the Browns roster is dope, but that's what losing 24 games in a row an having big FA acquisitions does for you

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Man oh man. People said the Bills roster was trash but I didnt want to believe it.

schmug
May 20, 2007

has his finger on the pulse

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Hue Jackson so bad at coaching he accidently made the team a little better by failing at making a statement.

A better statement would be winning games but not losing is a start.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

pasaluki posted:

Man oh man. People said the Bills roster was trash but I didnt want to believe it.

It's the end result of their lack of depth exacerbated by their dead money. If you picked up two starter caliber linemen and a decent 1WR the scrubs would look worlds better.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Yeah the Bills weren't "good" by any stretch last year but they had enough (good o-line, defense) for their weaknesses to be covered up a bit and close games to break their way.

Their most important strength from last year is now their most glaring flaw.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Where the hell do the Cardinals think they are going with Sam Bradford? Play Rosen for christ's sake.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

This is really spectacular

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Toaster Beef posted:

This is really spectacular

I'm the person who advocated the Browns not fire their coach for at least 3-4 years and this past offseason + hard knocks have me convinced they have to fire Hue.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
At one point today Peterman threw incomplete.

It made his QB rating go up.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
whooooooo boy the Chiefs defense is horrid thank god for MAHOMES

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalli posted:

I'm the person who advocated the Browns not fire their coach for at least 3-4 years and this past offseason + hard knocks have me convinced they have to fire Hue.

Same. :smithcloud: I really thought patience was the right call, but he's just terrible.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I am happy that the Kansas City Chiefs have defeated the Los Angeles Chargers on this, the opening weekend of the National Football League regular season.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Fire wilks already omg

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It's the end result of their lack of depth exacerbated by their dead money. If you picked up two starter caliber linemen and a decent 1WR the scrubs would look worlds better.

They have some good players but they hosed up HARD on the lines. For instance it doesnt really matter how good the secondary is because the opposing qb has no potential of being sacked. It doesnt matter how good the rb is if the oline is this bad. Basically this team is going nowhere unless they figure this poo poo out.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I’m catching the end of Dallas/Carolina and Washington/Arizona at a bar/restaurant in a super white old-person’s town in the middle of Florida and these games are bad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

I’m catching the end of Dallas/Carolina and Washington/Arizona at a bar/restaurant in a super white old-person’s town in the middle of Florida and these games are bad.

all NFL games are bad, bud

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seahawks are gonna be awful this year. O-line still stinks, penalties all over the place, etc.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

whooooooo boy the Chiefs defense is horrid thank god for MAHOMES
The Offense is championship caliber, but the Defense drags them down to a .500 squad.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
This Titans game was less fun to watch than 59-0.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Hard to believe Hue's 1-31-1

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Things we learned so far in week 1.

Patrick Mahomes, and Ryan Fitzpatrick are the best qbs in the NFL.

The Pats are gong to be good again and no one in their division is going to stop them.

Dallas is really bad.

Big Ben needs to get fat again asap.

The Browns will find a way to disappoint you even if they break multiple losing streaks.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Tzen posted:

Seahawks are gonna be awful this year. O-line still stinks, penalties all over the place, etc.

Not every game will feature the titanic matchup of Von Miller vs Ifedi thankfully

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
^^^^ Don’t look at th d lines for the next few games :stonk:

Seahawks were bad and Pete should feel bad

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Offense was good for the most part, but my god Chargers WRs dropped at least three sure touchdowns.

Defense played all right. Lack of Bosa was noticeable. Derwin James is great.

Special Teams go kill yourselves

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
IM loving MELTING DOWN RIGHT NOW

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

IM loving MELTING DOWN RIGHT NOW
I would if I could decide any one thing to direct ire against.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1038934270872625152

The 1 TD was against Eagles 2nd stringers Week 17

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Was there an unusually high number of fumbles today?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Lack of Bosa was noticeable.

yeah well the lack of bosa is noticeable to his grieving gf and family too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tyrod 20 yard TD run:
https://streamable.com/5c4od

Ben throws to uh... all the Browns
https://streamable.com/wwfu9

Eli's tip six
https://streamable.com/3ibuc

Some wide open Jimmy G passes
https://streamable.com/7bb36