Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Even though Lara is more popular, she is jealous of how Samus has (sometimes indirectly and sometimes on purpose) exploded no less than three entire planets while causing genocide on an interplanetary level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

drat, i hope over the course of this game she learns how to be a tomb raider and a survivor, it's new ground

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I've never played a Tomb Raider game for more than like 5 minutes, and that was 20 years ago. It's like this thing that theoretically should have been a part of my childhood but wasn't for some reason.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If the enemies in this game don't panic after Lara makes multiple stealth kills like they did in the first one, that's a dealbreaker.

That was the most disappointing thing about making the enemies in the second one zealous fanatics

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

who said anything about a bikini and shorts.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can't imagine a situation where bikini and shorts would be a bad thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Verranicus posted:

Can't imagine a situation where bikini and shorts would be a bad thing.
funeral
antarctica
funeral in antarctica

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

funeral
antarctica
funeral in antarctica

if it's the will of the deceased that they be buried in beachwear, I see no reason to disrespect their wishes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

remember the big climax of tr2013 where lara shot the bad guy with both guns and had finally become tomb raider, well, anyway, she has to lear nto be strong and to be tomb raider,

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Using two pistols worked so well then, there are so many pistols just scattered all over the place in Rise but she can only keep one at a time, the others magically fall apart

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Lara Croft meets The Thing from Another World. Intentionally feeds it other people to make it more of a challenge for her.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Endorph posted:

funeral
antarctica
funeral in antarctica

No, still not seeing it.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Will Lara ever drink the sarcophagus juice and eat the tomb cheese?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i did a world conquest and one faith in eu4 finally. i'm gonna do three mountains now

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

They can't have her shoot endangered animals anymore

I'd gladly sacrifice shooting tigers and gorillas for more t-rexes and giant atlantean centaurs and demon babies.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheSuperSpinD/status/1038463843247292416

Should I play Tropical Freeze

Edit: The humor is lessened by the image going at the top of the post, thanks forums

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tropical freeze is super good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

who said anything about a bikini and shorts.

Sorry it's completely impossible to give her dual pistols without also giving her triangular single polygon boobs, I don't make the rules.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm enjoying Destiny 2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I thought everyone was getting hyped up for the Forsaken remaster but it's just more Destiny :(

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought everyone was getting hyped up for the Forsaken remaster but it's just more Destiny :(

apparently it's destiny but with all of the play systems overhauled to make them less horrible, which means little for those of us who have never played destiny

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i bought and beat donut county it was very cute

meanwhile HZD's map gets more and more ridiculously overloaded with poo poo.. i realize 25% of it is just "here's some robot horses if you want them" but the amount of icons on the world map is buck wild

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You can turn the icons off that you don't need, I turned off the machine sites almost immediately.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tombraider should go back to jump flipping for 30 seconds with twin blasting gats to kill a wolf and ditch the animation heavy stealth poo poo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Tombraider should go back to jump flipping for 30 seconds with twin blasting gats to kill a wolf and ditch the animation heavy stealth poo poo

Unironically this. Give me actual platforming please I am sick of Uncharted

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSuperSpinD/status/1038463843247292416

Should I play Tropical Freeze

Edit: The humor is lessened by the image going at the top of the post, thanks forums

it you like 2d platformers then yes yes yes

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Even though Lara is more popular, she is jealous of how Samus has (sometimes indirectly and sometimes on purpose) exploded no less than three entire planets while causing genocide on an interplanetary level.

three planets and an alternate dimension

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I vastly prefer Nu Tomb Raider. :shrug:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I played whichever tomb raider subseries included the remake of the original and it was good. New tomb raider was pretty boring though

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I played Tomb Raider Legend this year and it really hit the mark for dumb popcorn fun. It was like a summer action movie in video game form.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I thought one-liners after killing a bad guy went out of fashion years ago. Even James Bond stopped doing it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ok, well, nobody liked angel of darkness

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

it you like 2d platformers then yes yes yes

I didnt like it. Its too much bouncing over bottomless pits and bad boss fights for my tastes but i can see the quality

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

https://i.imgur.com/tFpQwST.gifv

Preloadin'. Maybe I'll get in a little Spider-man before Wednesday.

You actually have until Friday.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh man, did anyone hear about this Riot Games thing? I just saw a story on RPS but it didn't seem to have much details.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

Oh man, did anyone hear about this Riot Games thing? I just saw a story on RPS but it didn't seem to have much details.

you should link what you talking about. is it the 2 guys left the company after a pax panel thing thats popping up on google?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

you should link what you talking about. is it the 2 guys left the company after a pax panel thing thats popping up on google?

yeah that. sorry bout that, link's here: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/09/08/riot-games-fires-at-least-one-employee-after-diversity-panel-backlash/

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Maybe social media was a mistake :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Men getting mad they cant go to a panel about a topic they hate is peak 2018 goodness

• Locked thread