Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dak and the Cowboys are really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Matt Lauer: You have said, I understand, to some close friends, that this is the last great battle, and that one side or the other is going down here.

Probably Magic: Well, I don't know if I've been that dramatic. That would sound like a good line from a movie. But I do believe that this is a battle. I mean, look at the very people who are involved in this葉hey have popped up in other settings. This is葉he great story here for anybody willing to find it and write about it and explain it is this vast ref-wing conspiracy that has been conspiring against the Tennessee Titans since the day they drafted the Hawaiian God Marcus Mariota.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Dak and the Cowboys are really bad

Good

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

:hai:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Well, that Seahawks loss went pretty much exactly how I expected. Some good, some bad, some...whatever. Seems like the right attitude to treat this season as tryouts for next year. When you're starting a guy in his first competitive game as a cornerback, things aren't going to look pretty on defense.

Please come back soon, Doug Baldwin. Russ, stop running into pass rushers. Just throw the ball away, it's fine.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Bills, the Colts have a backup that is at least 200 times better then your starter we will take a first rounder for him.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I cant believe Mariota got benched

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Things we learned so far in week 1.

Patrick Mahomes, and Ryan Fitzpatrick are the best qbs in the NFL.

The Pats are gong to be good again and no one in their division is going to stop them.

Dallas is really bad.

Big Ben needs to get fat again asap.

The Browns will find a way to disappoint you even if they break multiple losing streaks.

Either the Ravens are really loving good or the Bills are really loving bad, unfortunately I know which one of those things is more likely.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Well, that Seahawks loss went pretty much exactly how I expected. Some good, some bad, some...whatever. Seems like the right attitude to treat this season as tryouts for next year. When you're starting a guy in his first competitive game as a cornerback, things aren't going to look pretty on defense.

Please come back soon, Doug Baldwin. Russ, stop running into pass rushers. Just throw the ball away, it's fine.

He hasn't even got time to throw it away.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Mariota is made of loving glass. I知 seriously about done with him. At least our season went to poo poo in the first game instead of dragging it out for months.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a new study bible! posted:

I cant believe Mariota got benched

Titans have the worst QB in the AFC South

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Finger Prince posted:

He hasn't even got time to throw it away.

He had plenty of time on a lot of plays today! I was actually pretty impressed by a good deal of the pass blocking, Denver got less pressure than I thought. But Russ still does that thing where he bails from the pocket backwards and tries to juke while flipping directions. He did that 2-3 times straight into Von Miller, all on 3rd down. You have time for quick passes, make them!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

They have some good players but they hosed up HARD on the lines. For instance it doesnt really matter how good the secondary is because the opposing qb has no potential of being sacked. It doesnt matter how good the rb is if the oline is this bad. Basically this team is going nowhere unless they figure this poo poo out.
Nathan Peterman vs. Football was just the vomit icing on the poo poo sundae.
Even so, he played obscenely poorly. What is he doing on a roster? Then again, there痴 like half a dozen players like that on our offense. At least. Who are they going to scapegoat this time?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

Either the Ravens are really loving good or the Bills are really loving bad, unfortunately I know which one of those things is more likely.

Whynotboth.jpg

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I had to check a few sites to make sure this was accurate..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm really not ready for the Steelers to come back to earth to be replaced by the Ravens again.

Come on AFC North, give us some Bengaling or Brownsing for once.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalli posted:

I'm really not ready for the Steelers to come back to earth to be replaced by the Ravens again.

Indy for Baltimore, straight up.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Buncha lack of faith in this thread of Marcus "Threw a Touchdown to Himself to Win a Playoff Game" Mariota.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

If the Cowboys suck bad enough it might be the final push I need to stop giving a poo poo about them at all. After all, I'm never moving back to Texas

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans lost 😣

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers offensive line is dead already. As is Greg Olsen.

Gonna be a long year. Felt good watching them beat the cowboys at least.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Matt Lauer: You have said, I understand, to some close friends, that this is the last great battle, and that one side or the other is going down here.

Probably Magic: Well, I don't know if I've been that dramatic. That would sound like a good line from a movie. But I do believe that this is a battle. I mean, look at the very people who are involved in this—they have popped up in other settings. This is—the great story here for anybody willing to find it and write about it and explain it is this vast ref-wing conspiracy that has been conspiring against the Tennessee Titans since the day they drafted the Hawaiian God Marcus Mariota.

THAT WAS A TD

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I知 glad the Dolphins won but the same ugly problems are rearing their head. No pass rush, bad play calling, can稚 put teams away when they have the chance.

Defense was pretty good, at least for how they looked in the preseason. 3 turnovers but no sacks or pressure when it mattered.

Offensively they were really good on the ground so Of course Gase abandons it at the most in opportune times (the entire 4th quarter. I love that they went aggressive to put the game away but take away the long TD and Tannehill averaged less than 6 yards per attempt. Left too many points on the field.

And finally,
The next endzone fade the Dolphins complete will be the first of my adult life and I知 35 years old. Please rip that poo poo out of the playbook.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Offense was good for the most part, but my god Chargers WRs dropped at least three sure touchdowns.

Defense played all right. Lack of Bosa was noticeable. Derwin James is great.

Special Teams go kill yourselves
The D played fine against their run game, for the first time in basically forever. But holy hell, that D got absolutely gashed by Mahomes. Kyle Emmanuel got torched by a fullback on a deep route and the secondary couldn't have played Hill worse if they tried. They can't do piddly poo poo to stop the Chiefs when they have the ball. The only salve is that they also can't stop the Chargers from moving the ball through the air 'cause the only time they stopped them is when the receivers were dropping passes.

A frustrating game, like it always is when they trip over themselves against the Chiefs.

Travis Benjamin and Emmanuel should both be shown the door by this point.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

the ravens blew out an inferior team instead of playing down to them for once, i'm glad

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

That'd be just fine as long as New England concedes the division to Buffalo.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
When the Redskins offensive line is healthy, it's really really good

of course 3 starters and 2 backups will be out by week 4, and we will be signing guys from off the street, but for now I'm happy

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Metapod posted:

The titans lost 😣

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

AJ Green was loving killing me all game.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kalli posted:

Arent you a pats fan?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
6 turnovers
6 points

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kalli posted:

no

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

6 turnovers
6 points

30 minutes
0 first downs

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
The Browns Tied.

I watched the game in a central PA Steelers Bar. I am very happy, don't @ me!

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
The Chiefs D looked as bad as I feared, but I think they could have scored 50 if they had needed to (and they might have if the Chargers WRs could catch).

They are going to be in a lot of shootouts this year!

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Looking like the Sam Bradford con is finally up

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Not gdt but rip packers, again

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

RIP Packers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I'm a little late on this, but holy poo poo Bucs. Don't want to overreact to hard, but the Bucs are certainly winning the Super Bowl this season.

• Locked thread