Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Deified Data posted:

Haha yep, I eat my words with relish. This is exactly how it should have went down and I'm glad the series went there. At the same time I'm glad that all three have the chance to catch up so quickly. Those eps would make for some great filler if we didn't only have a couple episodes left.

He's my favorite but no I don't, I don't think he can really conceive of how vastly he's outclassed by Midoriya and if he manages to win it will be because Midoriya was forced to hold himself back to prevent permanent harm.

I think the big kicker to Bakugo's ego is that no matter how many times he can beat Deku while in school he is destined to be completely and wholly outclassed by the end. At some point Deku will surpass him and the gap is only going to get wider from then on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Incidentally, how did AFO know what All Might was wearing in that prison scene? I always assumed his continued ability to perceive the world despite his lack of eyes was a stolen quirk, but he says they don't let him use any of his quirks in Tartarus. Did he just guess correctly?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That vintage smell, of course.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Probably comes down to passive vs. activated quirks again.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Can you imagine what an old super-suit smells like?
How many buildings has he leapt over in that suit. His balls probably get so swampy jumping around like that.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Can you imagine what an old super-suit smells like?
How many buildings has he leapt over in that suit. His balls probably get so swampy jumping around like that.

There's got to be someone with a quirk that washes/restores inanimate objects to perfect quality, SCP-914 style.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I bet there's a whole super hero dry cleaning business that all the top heroes use.

Someone has to get the smell of burning out of Endeavor's costumes.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Forced Quirk Activation! 「FRESHNESS」

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i hope bakugo wins, because i don't think he will and i want to be surprised

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I'm predicting he will actually win, either by having better developed quirk, or by Deku holding back. That, or we'll get a tie or interrupted fight.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Attestant posted:

I'm predicting he will actually win, either by having better developed quirk, or by Deku holding back. That, or we'll get a tie or interrupted fight.

I mean he's kind of an idiot for thinking he could have an explosion vs all might fight like 30 meters from where all the students and presumably a number of staff are sleeping.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Spanish Matlock posted:

I mean he's kind of an idiot for thinking he could have an explosion vs all might fight like 30 meters from where all the students and presumably a number of staff are sleeping.

They went over to the place where they held the first battle training exercise. The place where Kacchan had his first loss vs Deku. Which was an entire facility devoted to combat training and probably nowhere near the actual dorms. His fighting Deku may be stupid but he picked a decent location with a lot of meaning for the fight.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

ninjewtsu posted:

i hope bakugo wins, because i don't think he will and i want to be surprised

Same. Bakugo started getting good when he became the underdog and I can't help but hope he wins even though I don't think it'll actually prove anything. If he does win it'll be because Midoriya would otherwise be forced to use a move that would injure himself too much and he's become self-conscious of that, or because Midoriya can't compete with Bakugo at a level where Bakugo is going all out and Midoriya is forced to reign in the 90% of his power that would outright kill his opponent. Kind of like how normies still manage to beat Spider-Man from time to time because he can't go all-out without killing someone, and sometimes he just has to take the L to stay true to his methodology.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The end of this episode really highlights why I don't like Bakugo. You would think that after everything that after failing to get his license because he couldn't stop being an unmitigated rear end in a top hat for ten minutes he'd take a minute to reflect and become a better hero. But instead he's got to confront Deku and start a fight because it's not about being a hero for him, it's all about his ego. Stain was right.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

JT Smiley posted:

The end of this episode really highlights why I don't like Bakugo. You would think that after everything that after failing to get his license because he couldn't stop being an unmitigated rear end in a top hat for ten minutes he'd take a minute to reflect and become a better hero. But instead he's got to confront Deku and start a fight because it's not about being a hero for him, it's all about his ego. Stain was right.

This fight is absolutely Bakugo reflecting on his failure though. He needs to definitively assess Deku's strength to move past his hang-ups and address why it is he lost to begin with. He's aware of his emotional weakness and trying to circumvent it.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

JT Smiley posted:

I think you mean

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I bet we're gonna get blue-balled and the fight's gonna be interrupted by villains/teachers/some other jerk.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

ApeHawk posted:

I bet we're gonna get blue-balled and the fight's gonna be interrupted by villains/teachers/some other jerk.

As a season-closing fight? lol can you imagine

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Ochako is going to be super upset about missing something this hot blooded

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Spoilers: Mineta shows up and beats them both. The hierarchy's collapsing.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am slightly disappointed that Ida didn't snap Mineta's neck as that is how I read that scene in the manga.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

I am slightly disappointed that Ida didn't snap Mineta's neck as that is how I read that scene in the manga.

seems like a kinda depraved thing to be disappointed over

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

i don't know what you mean, mineta disappoints us all

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the rivalry between two young men trying to be the best is something Midnight would enjoy too

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Carlosologist posted:

the rivalry between two young men trying to be the best is something Midnight would enjoy too

I think I've read that doujin

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Brother Entropy posted:

Don't kinkshame our lust for gremlin death

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Don't kinkshame our lust for gremlin death

but i thought lust was the whole problem with mineta??? checkmate bitch

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Brother Entropy posted:

but i thought lust was the whole problem with mineta??? checkmate bitch

To be fair, Mineta has personality traits outside of being terminally horny

Unfortunately, they are all "is an insufferable little dipshit"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

To be fair, Mineta has personality traits outside of being terminally horny

Unfortunately, they are all "is an insufferable little dipshit"

[accidentally turns off monitor thinking it was already off] w-what the

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Diaper Boy gets Bloody, Sticky. Go Grape

Jackard fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 12, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Vinylshadow posted:

I think I've read that doujin

i think you mean you've read that official spin-off

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

:yikes:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i think you mean you've read that official spin-off

this woman goes to jail at the end right?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

CharlestonJew posted:

It's Midnight so, no.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CharlestonJew posted:

No, in fact, she ends up being a teacher for the same children she's talking about.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I certainly hope she never went through with what she's saying there, at least

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

I certainly hope she never went through with what she's saying there, at least

It's Midnight. What she's saying and what it sounds like she's saying aren't always the same thing.

Fortunately.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Midnight was originally intended to be 1-A's homeroom teacher before Horikoshi decided to go with Eraserhead at the last minute instead. I kind of wonder how different things would have been if he had gone with her.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

chiasaur11 posted:

It's Midnight. What she's saying and what it sounds like she's saying aren't always the same thing.

Fortunately.

Except this time, where it's exactly what she means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The hierarchy is collapsing!!