Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

OhDearGodNo posted:

I have to admit only the helm is mk III, here’s the components:

Good use of the LE Primaris guy, and I knew that shield looed familiar, good work.

And All hobby injuries are always in the hard to bandage part of the figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

OhDearGodNo posted:

Are these resin? I am on the edge of suggesting to thin your paints, but part of me thinks it’s the plastic itself.

Resin/Plastic hybrids, some of the parts came out of a simple green bath though. I'll make a better effort with the thinning of paints on my next lot.

Zark the Damned posted:

Your Sergeant is the bees knees :downsrim:

Re Warmachine, same. I didn't like that you were forced to use a named character and couldn't make your own customised one. Tho tbh GW is going that way with new characters not having any wargear options for the most part.

They are meant to be drop pods, but I see what you mean!

I really hope GW reverse their course on that one, half the fun is coming up with your dude's wargear and the like.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

OhDearGodNo posted:

One of the two NOVA-inspired additions, I completed my Slamkhan. Although not as crazy as Slamguinius, he still packs quite a punch when running with a Lieutenant and the WS warlord trait.

Reminds me of shazam

Is gw pretty good with replacing bits that went flying off the sprue and went ? ?Somewhere? ? gently caress me I cannot find this skull.

Harvey Mantaco fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 10, 2018

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

jng2058 posted:

Pack it in and call in sick until October? :shrug:

Alternatively, maybe invest in a Battlewagon or three? Rolling out of the transports should give you first charge. Maybe try some Nobz in transports, so that the strength of the hits is maximized in a smaller force?

Honestly though, you may not have the tools to deal with that list until your Codex pops.

I appreciate your suggestions and I wish I could hold off but failing to make a game by the monthly deadline or forfeiting is a loss with extra penalties. Vehicle bunkering is a good tactic in general, unfortunately battlewagons are too expensive to be effective(I used them like that in 5th edition when decently pointed). I really don't think a new Ork-Dex will give me more options to deal with the DC bombs unless KFFs are buffed to give a universal invulnerable save (or boys get a boost to melee survivability in general) and/or point reduced boys.

However after some reading I am thinking that a Supa-Scorcha Big-Track with KFF Scorcha BigMek and 5 Scorcha Nobz (surrounded by grot chaff) could be a viable option (or two empty ones maybe?). It's expensive but considering it can make any nearby group of gitz do a synchronised burny dance it should be worth it. The Assault Cannons and missiles will pose a reasonable risk but the 15 wounds coupled with a 5++ it should be able to weather enough fire to immolate DC squads while taking pressure off the boys hiding behind it. This will only work once though (worth it if it ashes some DC gitz) as fielding it will result in more dedicated anti tank options being incorporated in future games. Thoughts?

krursk fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 10, 2018

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I want that dog just so I can use it as the relic.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Chiwie posted:

Resin/Plastic hybrids, some of the parts came out of a simple green bath though. I'll make a better effort with the thinning of paints on my next lot.

Dont get me wrong though, love the scheme and knee markings

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Is gw pretty good with replacing bits that went flying off the sprue and went ? ?Somewhere? ? gently caress me I cannot find this skull.

Walk around barefoot and let fate take the wheel.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

OhDearGodNo posted:

Or go over with a hoover and listen for an expensive little rattle.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I usually move around a horizontal flashlight close to the floor. The bit will often cast a shadow that's easier to spot than itself.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I love it. Especially with Warglaives and the Helm that gives nearby Armigers +1 to hit. Combine with the House Raven ability and you have a fast, hard hitting force that can easily get in range and nuke nearly anything.

Glad to hear it's working for you. I'm going to use a warglaive and 2 helverins, the helverins will have to play farther forward than I like so I'll have to keep them protected.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

chutche2 posted:

Glad to hear it's working for you. I'm going to use a warglaive and 2 helverins, the helverins will have to play farther forward than I like so I'll have to keep them protected.

Why have to play forward? They move fast enough, but a 60” range is fine to sit back in most instances. Are they going to be following along with a mobile assault army?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Painted up the Aggressors, and realised they needed more hazard stripes

The other stripes Wolves will now accept them

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

IPA Regulations posted:

Or go over with a hoover and listen for an expensive little rattle.

Elastic band an old stocking over the vacuum nozzle.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

richyp posted:

Painted up the Aggressors, and realised they needed more hazard stripes

There's something about them that makes me think they look like tiger stripes more. Might be the curved impression and slightly washed out yellow.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

OhDearGodNo posted:

I cut my finger pretty bad on mortarions chain it's very upsetting.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Cooked Auto posted:

There's something about them that makes me think they look like tiger stripes more. Might be the curved impression and slightly washed out yellow.

Consider them successors to the Glorious Fighting Tigers of Veda then.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

richyp posted:

Consider them successors to the Glorious Fighting Tigers of Veda then.

Ouch.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

PierreTheMime posted:

Why have to play forward? They move fast enough, but a 60” range is fine to sit back in most instances. Are they going to be following along with a mobile assault army?

Because they have stay in range of the preceptor.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

chutche2 posted:

Because they have stay in range of the preceptor.

Ah, gotcha. For whatever reason I hadn’t picked up you planned to use one.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

raverrn posted:

For ~80 points or so she doesn't seem awful.

I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out how a monomolecular stabbing weapon is supposed to work.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Like a cruciform bayonet with monomolecular tip/edges.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
https://twitter.com/GamesWerkshop/status/1039153989328224256

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

These have gotta be fake, they're actually readable.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

lmao this is so loving dumb. GG games workshop on sponsoring the blood diamond industry and being proud of it?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
This parody failed for me because these dice are too legible.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

PierreTheMime posted:

:same:

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
The pips not being actual blood drops ruins my immersion.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PierreTheMime posted:

Yeah, it might have worked if I hadn't seen the new Beastman AoS dice that I am going to assume also come with some sort of translation guide.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, it might have worked if I hadn't seen the new Beastman AoS dice that I am going to assume also come with some sort of translation guide.

Haven't seen those and couldn't find them quickly with google or in the webstore. Are they better or worse than the current champs, the Deepkin dice - which feature irregular imagery on every side of a translucent material?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Wavy lines on the side of blocks remind me I need to watch The Fifth Element again.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

Haven't seen those and couldn't find them quickly with google or in the webstore. Are they better or worse than the current champs, the Deepkin dice - which feature irregular imagery on every side of a translucent material?

Look closely at the top of those. Can you tell which ones are 1s and which ones are 6s?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Cha boy spent yesterday huffing glue and assembling Kill Team terrain, and I have to say, it whips rear end. It loving rules.

I left the pieces fairly modular, so that's a couple of different arrangements, and that's only about 3/4 of what was in the boxes I had. I haven't put on the ladders and railings and all the other decorative bits either, but I'm already looking forward to getting some games in on this.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Maneck posted:

There's a picture of the Beastmen dice above so you can see for yourself and judge, but I did watch an AoS battle report where a guy talks about playing a Deepkin player using those dice and finding it impossible to read their dice from across the table and finally just giving up and taking his opponent's word for whatever he said he rolled.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

ANAmal.net posted:

Cha boy spent yesterday huffing glue and assembling Kill Team terrain, and I have to say, it whips rear end. It loving rules.

I left the pieces fairly modular, so that's a couple of different arrangements, and that's only about 3/4 of what was in the boxes I had. I haven't put on the ladders and railings and all the other decorative bits either, but I'm already looking forward to getting some games in on this.

It sucks that the Deathwatch kill team includes that horrible alien plant crap. I want the little tokens and poo poo and I can always use another 5 Deathwatch vets, but I do not want those ugly rear end trees :mad:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

TheBigAristotle posted:

It sucks that the Deathwatch kill team includes that horrible alien plant crap. I want the little tokens and poo poo and I can always use another 5 Deathwatch vets, but I do not want those ugly rear end trees :mad:

I may have a solution for you (PM incoming)...

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Booley posted:

Look closely at the top of those. Can you tell which ones are 1s and which ones are 6s?

Human skulls are ones, army icons are sixes. This is consistent with the other army dice releases.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Except for the new store-opening dice, which use human skulls as 6s.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Two Beans posted:

Human skulls are ones, army icons are sixes. This is consistent with the other army dice releases.

Except there aren't any human skulls, and also the other faces are bullshit symbols instead of readable numbers.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Booley posted:

Skulls for ones and sixes. Circles on all six sides. The actual number of number sides being indicated by diamonds which are not added progressively in sensible pattern.

Those are bad enough to wonder if GW has embarked upon a kind of intentional self-parody.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

TheBigAristotle posted:

Yeah, I specifically got the Adeptus Pipanicus stuff because I wanted the Reivers and tokens in that box instead of the AdMech/GSC dudes, and I got the Playset to match, but I would never have bothered with those stupid trees. But I do want that Longshoreman Playset with the crane quite badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Zark the Damned posted:

Except there aren't any human skulls