Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I just fully sat through a seven loving hour football game at the stadium and I cannot fully enjoy it because I feel bad my team might have wrecked the other teams season.

No one will feel bad for your team if one of your players gets hurt. That is just football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Mahomes and KC hung 40 on the Chargers vaunted defense with Kelce, Watkins and Hunt being almost completely absent from the game plan lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Regardless of :lol: Bears, we all still agree Gruden is a supreme moron, right?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Morons of yesterday include Gruden and BoB.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MazelTovCocktail posted:

gently caress yeah!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Mahomes and KC hung 40 on the Chargers vaunted defense with Kelce, Watkins and Hunt being almost completely absent from the game plan lol

You could argue that they were neutralized, rather

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I don't think the Raiders had a choice tbh

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

You could argue that they were neutralized, rather

I mean if this is the result of neutralizing those guys and leaving Hill free that doesn't bother me too much.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought so, it was just funny seeing delusional Raider fan posts on the NFL Facebook page displaying Macks talents last night, talking about how it was good, they're going to win, and Gruden is a genius. I just wanted to make sure that wasn't a widespread view outside of Raider fans.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Blitz7x posted:

I don't think the Raiders had a choice tbh

They had a choice, and you know it.

Warcrimes has also stopped posting since the trade.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

shirts and skins posted:

If another team was capable of having their season wrecked by the Dolphins, then they weren't going to have much of a season anyway. So don't feel bad!

What was it like at the game? Did concessions begin to run out? Did they cut off beer sales? Or did everyone just go through cycles of being sloppy, bored, sobering, and tired?

They shut concessions down sometime during the second delay, but other than that it was just like a long pause for commercials at the stadium. At a certain point they just started streaming whatever the service is where they start showing multiple games in split scheme or jumping between games on all the big screens. At a certain point someone convinced their child to run out onto the field and then security had to chase them for a bit.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

iospace posted:

Maybe he means the money thing.

He could mean the more assets thing but that is kind of hilariously dumb so I doubt it.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

iospace posted:

A respectable decision. I'm taking the low road and want to see the Rams take a massive poo poo on Gruden's homecoming and be up 55-0 at halftime then the game is canceled when he throws himself from the top of the stadium and impales himself on the umbrella of a hot dog cart

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Maybe he means the money thing.

He could mean the more assets thing but that is kind of hilariously dumb so I doubt it.

No the Raiders got absolutely jobbed with only two firsts

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blitz7x posted:

No the Raiders got absolutely jobbed with only two firsts

Yeah to replace an amazing player with a roll of the dice to fill at most one other hole is terrible value.

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Holy poo poo I just saw that the Browns tied?!?! PROGRESS

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Juggernaut posted:

Holy poo poo I just saw that the Browns tied?!?! PROGRESS

The Browns are going to hire a real coach after this year and they are going to be actually good going forward. They have too many good players not to be good. And not only are they good players, they are good at the most important positions.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 10, 2018

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1038970552017399809?s=19

Floriowned

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

mcmagic posted:

The Browns are going to hire a real coach after this year and they are going to be actually good going forward. They have too many good players not to be good.

Counterpoint: Jimmy Haslam

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Intruder posted:

Floriowned
Barnwell did the same.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1038983163404578816

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

unrelated

I didn't watch any of it, how did Watt look yesterday after mostly missing the last couple of years?

I saw he didn't get a sack but that doesn't necessarily mean anything vs the Pats.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah to replace an amazing player with a roll of the dice to fill at most one other hole is terrible value.

If Gruden had a 3 year contract the trade doesn't happen as he wants to "win now". He's got a ten year contract which makes him the de facto GM and he's pushing for a rebuild as he knows the Raiders don't gave the talent to push for a superbowl in Mack's usefulness time frame. A rebuild requires picks and cap room.

A lot of people can disagree but for the long term it's a viable strategy. Sucks as a fan though

Edit: and that being said, they got poor value in return and should have traded him near the draft

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 10, 2018

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

I didn't watch any of it, how did Watt look yesterday after mostly missing the last couple of years?

I saw he didn't get a sack but that doesn't necessarily mean anything vs the Pats.

Pedestrian

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

He had at least one forced throw away and a few pressures and a couple of hits and at least one really nice tackle on a running play, but nothing you'd piss yourself over.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Blitz7x posted:

If Gruden had a 3 year contract the trade doesn't happen as he wants to "win now". He's got a ten year contract which makes him the de facto GM and he's pushing for a rebuild as he knows the Raiders don't gave the talent to push for a superbowl in Mack's usefulness time frame.

It's going to take them 5 years to rebuild? Are they a football team or a young communist revolution?

Kalli posted:

He had at least one forced throw away and a few pressures and a couple of hits and at least one really nice tackle on a running play, but nothing you'd piss yourself over.

He also looked tired and didn't play wire to wire.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rebuilding with a young QB is an interesting decision.

I mean dumb, sorry.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's going to take them 5 years to rebuild? Are they a football team or a young communist revolution?

Goddamn The Process didn't even take that long for the Sixers.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Andre Branch probably deserves a suspension for what he did to Lewan. Supposedly he and a couple other Miami guys were shouting "BODYBAG!" over Lewan's unconscious body, too.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Cam has no deep ball at all anymore. Time to move to a west coast offense.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hahahahaha the Bears hahahahahahahahaha

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Imagine rebuilding around Derek “40 pass attempts to hit 200 yards” Carr

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Perhaps Gruden uses one of those first round picks to grab a QB 🤔

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Blitz7x posted:

If Gruden had a 3 year contract the trade doesn't happen as he wants to "win now". He's got a ten year contract which makes him the de facto GM and he's pushing for a rebuild as he knows the Raiders don't gave the talent to push for a superbowl in Mack's usefulness time frame. A rebuild requires picks and cap room.

A lot of people can disagree but for the long term it's a viable strategy. Sucks as a fan though

Edit: and that being said, they got poor value in return and should have traded him near the draft

Mack is the person you build your defense around.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

Cam has no deep ball at all anymore. Time to move to a west coast offense.

I watched live yesterday but I didn't get the impression they were even attempting to run any deep routes.

The wheel route to CMC was well thrown, but CMC made a business decision about stretching out for it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Still bitter at the last pass Eli threw which should have been a flag.

Bitter Eli overthrew open Odell in the end zone.

Bitter the defense was pretty soft all game.

Football is back!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

The Dave posted:

Still bitter at the last pass Eli threw which should have been a flag.

Bitter Eli overthrew open Odell in the end zone.

Bitter the defense was pretty soft all game.

Football is back!

What about the muffed punt at the end?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I guess it doesn’t aggravate me as much because I wasn’t expecting them to march down the field.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Stevie Lee posted:

Andre Branch probably deserves a suspension for what he did to Lewan. Supposedly he and a couple other Miami guys were shouting "BODYBAG!" over Lewan's unconscious body, too.

Oh that's an interception return or something after looking up the hit. I was wondering why Lewan wasn't like, blocking, since the play didn't appear to be over.

It's hard for me to get too much up in arms about this but that's half from being desensitized to all the terrible things that happen to linemen in football games and half because it's Taylor Lewan.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I heard yesterday Kirk Cousins’ TD to Diggs was the 100th of his career, which I ordinarily wouldn’t care about, but Adrian Peterson apparently got his as well yesterday, kind of a fun coincidence when the one in the Vikings jersey and the one in the Washington jersey isn’t who they’ve thus far been associated with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
i'm glad of andy dalton and the cincinnati bengals.

• Locked thread