Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I passed out from day drinking yesterday and missed SNF :saddowns:

Von Miller tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Welp aside from Rodgers being incredible its terribly obvious that minus him the packers are in the running for worst team in football. I know it's super early and all and things could still really start to click but even with Rodgers keeping up with Minnesota is going to be difficult. I hope he doesn't miss significant time cause ho boy we are a lost cause without him

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I'm happy that this forum is gay but sad that it's dead. I'm actually engaging in football discussion with a Raiders forum and I hate myself for it. People are loving dumb.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

a patagonian cavy posted:

i'm glad of andy dalton and the cincinnati bengals.

:same:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Black Sunshine posted:

I'm happy that this forum is gay but sad that it's dead. I'm actually engaging in football discussion with a Raiders forum and I hate myself for it. People are loving dumb.

I feel the same way. It's rough confining my OPINIONS with people at work or on fan-specific boards.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A hero, amazingly nobody posted it here:

https://twitter.com/OldTakesExposed/status/1038970823472828416

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I swear I actually saw that last night either in the SNF thread or on twitter. :lol: I thought it was real.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

It was posted in the GDT

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

If the Hawks don’t sign Bailey then contract the team.

Also, we may see Wilson miss the majority of a season for the first time ever. He gonna die

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Welp aside from Rodgers being incredible its terribly obvious that minus him the packers are in the running for worst team in football. I know it's super early and all and things could still really start to click but even with Rodgers keeping up with Minnesota is going to be difficult. I hope he doesn't miss significant time cause ho boy we are a lost cause without him

Kizer had me fooled. He walks on the field and he immediately marches down into the red zone with some decent passes. What I didn't realize was he had a deal with Mack to help him complete the defensive play cycle. Yeah, the Packers are going to be just awful without Rodgers.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

iospace posted:

Mack is the person you build your defense around.

Even with Mack the Raiders were still conceding around 400 points a year. That's pretty bad and impossible to win with

Was Mack the reason for this no? But if your defense sucks with a cheap Mack, it will be even that much harder to find good players when Mack is making 30 million or how much

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
There are very few teams that wouldn't fall off a cliff losing their starting QBs. Kizer was terrible though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Even with Mack the Raiders were still conceding around 400 points a year. That's pretty bad and impossible to win with

Was Mack the reason for this no? But if your defense sucks with a cheap Mack, it will be even that much harder to find good players when Mack is making 30 million or how much

This seems more like a reason to change GMs than to trade away a two time first team all pro & DPOTY winner on his rookie contract with team control for a while.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Grittybeard posted:

This seems more like a reason to change GMs than to trade away a two time first team all pro & DPOTY winner on his rookie contract with team control for a while.

I’m sorry your only options are win championships or complete rebuild, there is no middle ground.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers thoughts:

-Offense looked good outside of the drops. Rivers has 500 yards if those egregious drops are caught. They didnt really target Keenan Allen until late in the game which kind of confused me, but the offense was still humming. Getting Gordon and Ekeler involved heavily in the passing game was a good move, and the OL held up well despite having two backups on the right side. Rivera was on point as usual. No complaints here other than the drops.

-Defense played.... okay. Held KC's explosive offense to 24 points despite not covering Hill at all. Covered everyone else fine, especially Kelce. Derwin James looked great. Defensive line had some issues, which I thought might happen since it was down two starters. Itll get better.

-Coverage units were abysmal. Punting was good. Kicking was spotty, Sturgis has to make that last field goal.

-Mahomes looked really promising and Hill is fast as hell. Hopefully we can adjust in time for the second game.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Grittybeard posted:

Well yeah, the Raiders went from McKenzie to Gruden as GM

Trading down from #3 overall for DJ Hayden lmao

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 10, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

They didnt really target Keenan Allen until late in the game which kind of confused me,

I haven't actually looked back to see if this is true, but my only possibly positive thought about KC's defense is maybe Allen was lined up against Fuller most of the game and Fuller was good.

I feel kinda bad that Rivers didn't get to 500 yards because he absolutely should have. I looked it up yesterday and he would've apparently been the 3rd quarterback to have two 500 yard games, Roethlisberger and Brees are the others.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 10, 2018

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Hue 1-31-1 Jackson the Palindrome Man

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Aside from Mack and Carr and Gabe Jackson (literally all in 2014) the Raiders drafts have looked abysmal and that does fall on Reggie. The drafted players from this year are set to make a real impact, but we need to see how it shakes out. If they bust Reggie should probably be gone

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

sweet thursday posted:

Hue 1-31-1 Jackson the Palindrome Man

1-46-1 has a nice ring to it.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Let us not forget that Trubisky had a butt fumble

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

1-46-1 has a nice ring to it.

1-131-1

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

1-33-1 will be a big day in history and Hue needs us to crowdfund a Palindrome Man tattoo. He will need charity soon

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

zimbomonkey posted:

Cam has no deep ball at all anymore. Time to move to a west coast offense.

Wat

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Trading down from #3 overall for DJ Hayden lmao
That trade was something. Hayden and Menelik Watson instead of Dion Jordan. Both teams drafted trash.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hot Diggity! posted:

Let us not forget that Trubisky had a butt fumble
is there a gif of this

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Andre Branch sucks but lol a suspension

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

cavallingus posted:

is there a gif of this

I come bearing gifts

https://twitter.com/fearthe_beard11/status/1038961278046240768?s=19

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
"Don't run into your own lineman's butt." - A concept many young QBs struggle with.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Not as good as the original but lol

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's a butt fumble, but because he recovered itself, it'll be a footnote. Or:

cavallingus posted:

Not as good as the original but lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It's not the same when it isn't his face going directly into the lineman's butt

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Blindside fumble, discounted imo.

Sanchez looked square into the Abyss and ran headfirst into it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

It's going to be hard to ever compete with the original. So much of that was amazing because it came between two other ridiculously dumb touchdowns.

On Thanksgiving when it was the only game on TV.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Intruder posted:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/BrooksW44/status/1038891498555756545?s=19

He was unconscious on the field and diagnosed with a concussion for the record. Hope Taylor is ok

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

thrilla in vanilla posted:

https://twitter.com/BrooksW44/status/1038891498555756545?s=19

He was unconscious on the field and diagnosed with a concussion for the record. Hope Taylor is ok

Nah gently caress Taylor Lewan that loving rapist apologist. Hope his brain is mush.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Andre Branch is cool as gently caress

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Nah gently caress Taylor Lewan that loving rapist apologist.
wait what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Michigan's kicker raped a woman. Taylor Lewan then threatened that he would rape her too if she persisted with the complaint.

Allegedly. ...and probably.

• Locked thread