Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

Michigan's kicker raped a woman. Taylor Lewan then threatened that he would rape her too if she persisted with the complaint.

Allegedly. ...and probably.
:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://www.chatsports.com/michigan...immediately-393

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Aaron Rodgers is probably the best QB I've ever seen and the only reason it's excusable that he hasn't won multiple super bowls is because he plays for the Packers

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Watching the Bengals game. Hoo boy we still get wiped by TEs.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

Aaron Rodgers is probably the best QB I've ever seen and the only reason it's excusable that he hasn't won multiple super bowls is because he plays for the Packers

He's like a modern day Marino, only he got a ring.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Finger Prince posted:

He's like a modern day Marino, only he got a ring.

Yeah, who can forget all of those Marino scrambles

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Who's the best QB in the league without a ring at the moment? Rivers, right?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Azhais posted:

He was super elusive in the pocket but after 4 yards he was molasses

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Rivers is probably the best QB in NFL history to never go to a superbowl

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

a neat cape posted:

How dare you.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah, Rivers is better

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The Puppy Bowl posted:

case keenum

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Andrew Luck

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It's Rivers, Moon, and Fouts in some combination.

loving Chargers

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Kaep.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ryan Fitzpatrick, obviously.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mute your speakers:

Here's most of Peterman's throws from yesterday. He sucks out loud, but their receivers aren't getting open and aren't catching it when thrown to them and that only happens on the plays where the oline doesn't get owned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWQ370dZ8vg

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Azhais posted:

He certainly wasn't Aaron Rodgers, but before the achilles injury he was good at getting out of the pocket, bootlegs/waggles/etc. It was a big part of the game-plan on the '85 Bears MNF game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yscC_Wg1u4

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

a neat cape posted:

Tony Romo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rivers. All I can say about that guy is that game went exactly like I thought it would.

In the last four years Rivers is 18-21 with 45 interceptions and 29 fumbles.

He hasn't made the playoffs since 2013. The Chargers haven't won the AFCW since 2009.

I'm glad he gets a lot of yards throwing under coverage when he's down. He wins a lot of fantasy games that way.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I know it's only Week 1 and that the Bills are a tormented franchise but I am experiencing a lot of Schadenfreude watching them implode

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

kiimo posted:

He hasn't made the playoffs since 2013. The Chargers haven't won the AFCW since 2009.

Jesus. I hadn't realized it had been 5 years.

The chargers have somehow managed to have some of the most talented players in the NFL (LdT, Seau, Gates, etc) on the same team and not do anything with them. It's astonishing really.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

adaz posted:

Jesus. I hadn't realized it had been 5 years.

The chargers have somehow managed to have some of the most talented players in the NFL (LdT, Seau, Gates, etc) on the same team and not do anything with them. It's astonishing really.

Being an AFC team in a brady and peyton world has been a bitch.

The Ravens blow my mind sometimes

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Blitz7x posted:

Aside from Mack and Carr and Gabe Jackson (literally all in 2014) the Raiders drafts have looked abysmal and that does fall on Reggie. The drafted players from this year are set to make a real impact, but we need to see how it shakes out. If they bust Reggie should probably be gone

Add in Cooper and I agree. Reggie's garbage drafting is what made Mack have almost no help anywhere on the field. One person can't make teams win regardless of position unless you're into black magic poo poo like Belichick

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
So does anyone else not really like the new catch rule? Maybe I'll get used to it, but I think it was a mistake.

People used to complain about "I don't know what a catch is", but now I really don't know what a catch is. For all the complaints people had, at least with the old rule we had a clear-ish definition (hold on to the ball when you're falling down), and it was just a matter of guessing whether Al Riveron was going to care about a millimeter of wiggle when the ball hit the ground. Now we have to guess whether sliding along the ground for a foot counts as an opportunity to make a football move.

Maybe the additional catch->fumbles the new rule will generate will make up for it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Rivers. All I can say about that guy is that game went exactly like I thought it would.

In the last four years Rivers is 18-21 with 45 interceptions and 29 fumbles.

I'm glad he gets a lot of yards throwing under coverage when he's down. He wins a lot of fantasy games that way.

You're turning into Kevin Keitzman, please do not do this.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

gently caress all these narrative talking heads saying that Mack wasn't on the field in the 2nd half. He was on for a similar proportion of plays as the 1st half...difference was that Rogers went full west coast and got the ball out very quickly. Bears D Line didn't adjust as a unit to get their hands in the passing lanes, and the secondary missed some tackles which turned short plays into big gains.

Hope Roquan is ready for more snaps next week, it was painful watching Kwiatowski out in coverage.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

It's Rivers, Moon, and Fouts in some combination.

loving Chargers

Moon by a longshot and after that nobody cares since lol chargers

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I really hate the new rule on roughing the passer. I saw so many penalties for it yesterday where the hit was barely late and the rusher had no way of stopping his own momentum.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

You're turning into Kevin Keitzman, please do not do this.

KK is terrible, I'm just quoting numbers though. I will say Rivers' arm did not look dead yesterday so that's something. He gets it out fast, too.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Rivers had a good day yesterday and some of his receivers really hosed him.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

a neat cape posted:

Chargers thoughts:

-Offense looked good outside of the drops. Rivers has 500 yards if those egregious drops are caught. They didnt really target Keenan Allen until late in the game which kind of confused me, but the offense was still humming. Getting Gordon and Ekeler involved heavily in the passing game was a good move, and the OL held up well despite having two backups on the right side. Rivera was on point as usual. No complaints here other than the drops.

-Defense played.... okay. Held KC's explosive offense to 24 points despite not covering Hill at all. Covered everyone else fine, especially Kelce. Derwin James looked great. Defensive line had some issues, which I thought might happen since it was down two starters. Itll get better.

-Coverage units were abysmal. Punting was good. Kicking was spotty, Sturgis has to make that last field goal.

-Mahomes looked really promising and Hill is fast as hell. Hopefully we can adjust in time for the second game.

24 points???? But... KC scored 38 points??? Are you not counting the punt return TD Hill had (I guess there is some logic to this since you specifically talk about coverage later)? What other TD are you omitting?

Chargers and Chiefs both looked pretty good on offense and bad on defense. Drops killed SD, but I also think the Chiefs took their foot off the gas a bit late in the game and probably could have scored more if necessary.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Substandard posted:

24 points???? But... KC scored 38 points??? Are you not counting the punt return TD Hill had (I guess there is some logic to this since you specifically talk about coverage later)? What other TD are you omitting?

Chargers and Chiefs both looked pretty good on offense and bad on defense. Drops killed SD, but I also think the Chiefs took their foot off the gas a bit late in the game and probably could have scored more if necessary.

The punt return TD the TD following the muffed punt that gave the chiefs the ball at like the 3 yard line. I know they technically scored that touchdown on offense but I'm still attributing that to special teams damnit

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whatever here's the important thing, I completely missed this.

https://twitter.com/alltwentytwo/st...01%26page%3D944

Watch Mahomes' helmet. That, gentlemen, is a no-look pass.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

He had his chance at one though.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That doesn't appear to be a no look pass?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Tony Romo is not only the best QB to never go to the Super Bowl, but he’s also the second greatest QB in Cowboy history.

This is as clear as day if you look at the (absence of) product the Cowboys have fielded the last two seasons.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
you know dak sucks because since he started playing people have started constantly talking about how much romo owns in comparison to him lmao.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That doesn't appear to be a no look pass?

He's freezing the corner and safety and throwing it in a window he's not looking at. He did it in the preseason and threw what should have been an easy interception. I think he can't help himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
He beat up a pregnant woman?

• Locked thread