Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kilometers Davis posted:

Sometimes I snap into a caveman mode and can’t escape, it owns

Thanks for the dumb jams y’all, some good stuff in there

I think what I’m deeply looking for is something in between that harms way/jesus piece etc stuff and defeated sanity bands. I like brutal death metal, rarely slam but I don’t know, sometimes I need that kind of heavy

Oddly enough Meshuggah really scratches that itch for me. Those deep guttural straight to the gut rhythms, mmmm

You need some loving Bolt Thrower in your life, go listen to Realm of Chaos right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

You need some loving Bolt Thrower in your life, go listen to Realm of Chaos right now

I live for Bolt Thrower my friend.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
bolt thrower forever

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Bolt Thrower is trash

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The best kind of trash.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

We Know Catheters posted:

Bolt Thrower is trash

Here’s something to pair that post with,

https://mobile.twitter.com/InFlames_SWE/status/1039106703818543105

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
imagine the person who still listens to in flames and also is buying their gimmick merch

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
2300 bottles, and I’m gonna need every one of them to forget how bad In Flames is

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
in flames has been bad for so long that at one point some stupid lovely nickname for them that was floating around the internet in the 90s was "N*Flames"

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Bolt thrower was so good they were like yeah we should just stop making music. I don’t think I’ve heard many bands doing that.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Less Claypool posted:

Bolt thrower was so good they were like yeah we should just stop making music. I don’t think I’ve heard many bands doing that.

Reverend Bizarre decided to stop because they wanted to quit "before they started to suck"

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Less Claypool posted:

Einherjer did the same thing after Blot but then they un-retired for some reason (the Dragons of the North re-recording was awesome though)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I wanna say Dillinger Escape Plan did something similar, too. Reached the end of their artistic path as a group and decided to pack it in at a logical point.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Kins posted:

I wanna say Dillinger Escape Plan did something similar, too. Reached the end of their artistic path as a group and decided to pack it in at a logical point.

I think the main reason was that they were in their 40s and couldn't slam into each other and their audience 100 nights a year anymore

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Isis stopped making music when they felt they'd done enough too. All these bands went out on a high note with a really good last album too.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Slayer is doing the same thing once theyre done with their current tour

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Kvlt! posted:

Only 30 years since their last good album.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vulture Culture posted:

Einherjer did the same thing after Blot but then they un-retired for some reason (the Dragons of the North re-recording was awesome though)

:lol:

ODIN

OWNS

YE

ALL

What trash.

I think their other stuff was merely ok.

I sometimes get them confused with Forefather's blend of cheese but its a bit better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2daMFuvx5U

The Golden

Dragon

flying high again!!

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Does it count as packing it in and ending on a high note if a band has only released one album but is technically still together like a decade later?

Because Timeless Miracle are still together but still haven't released their followup to one of the best power metal albums ever imo. Or you can be Blasphemy and know you won't top your current material and tour on it endlessly.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Nazzadan posted:

Does it count as packing it in and ending on a high note if a band has only released one album but is technically still together like a decade later?

Because Timeless Miracle are still together but still haven't released their followup to one of the best power metal albums ever imo. Or you can be Blasphemy and know you won't top your current material and tour on it endlessly.
Still waiting for that new Necrophagist album

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Demilich released one album like 25 years ago and they're still touring

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

They were inactive for like 20

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Repulsion's last and only full-length was released in 1989 and they still tour and play shows.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

gently caress me Those Once Loyal is real good. :stare:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

I think the main reason was that they were in their 40s and couldn't slam into each other and their audience 100 nights a year anymore
Probably didn't help, to be fair.

Kvlt! posted:

So they claim. I doubt it'll stick.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Repulsion's last and only full-length was released in 1989 and they still tour and play shows.

For the longest time I didn't know (because I'm a false) that that album is not even a re-recording of their demo, it's just a re-release of their demo. Which was released in 1986. I mean think about that, Napalm Death still had one founding member in their line-up in 1986

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Detective Thompson posted:

Just finished listening to the new full length from Infernal Coil. It's not officially out yet, but I got a copy at a show they played last Thursday. It rips.
https://infernalcoil.bandcamp.com/album/within-a-world-forgotten

Infernal Coil absolutely rips and I'm super excited for their new album. They are also probably the loudest band I have ever seen live in the best ways.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The Kins posted:

Probably didn't help, to be fair.
So they claim. I doubt it'll stick.

Eh, they way they said goodbye after the show I was at was way different than any other slayer show I've seen. Tom wandered around the stage for like 5 full minutes just soaking it in and waving at people and poo poo. Definitely made it feel genuine.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Siivola posted:

Hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wRTxBhqNuY

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ugh that riff is so good

dun dun da dun dun da dun da daaa

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
they should print some more merch!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Siivola posted:

welcome to the cool kids club.

traditionally in the SA metal thread you now are supposed to get a bolt thrower tattoo

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Henchman of Santa please rename this thread to BOLT THROWER MEGATHREAD tia

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Got the chance to see Enslaved and High on Fire play, but it's sorta pricey. Are they killing it live?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Tias posted:

Got the chance to see Enslaved and High on Fire play, but it's sorta pricey. Are they killing it live?

In my experience, Enslaved are very iffy. I've seen them noodle through a set to like 50 people at a gig that ended by 10 pm sharp, and I've seen them play Slaget i Skogen Bortenfor as an encore to what amounted to a piranha pit. I think I've been to more good Enslaved gigs than bad ones, but this is my experience.

I've only been to one High on Fire gig and/but they do indeed kill it live

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

hi guise

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Not terribly familiar with High On Fire but Enslaved owns

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
high on fire is ok in short bursts, but i sat through them once to see exodus and about 15 minutes into high on fire's set in i was wandering around the venue looking for something else to do because zzzzzz

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

high on fire is ok in short bursts, but i sat through them once to see exodus and about 15 minutes into high on fire's set in i was wandering around the venue looking for something else to do because zzzzzz

That's pretty much what happened to me. They were headlining with Goatwhore opening. I thought HoF were completely boring, but Goatwhore slayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
also HoF's sound doesn't really work all that great in a live venue, especially if the acoustics aren't perfect.

matt pike's blubber jiggling is hypnotic, though