Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sir Plus posted:

our apartment complex just sent an email reminder that tenants are "covered" by renter's legal liability coverage, which they specifically say does not cover anything related to the storm.

in the same e-mail they remind us to get flameless candles because burning candles is prohibited by our lease.

oh u mean those electric candles? that should do the trick :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I use those little fake tea light candles that run on watch batteries in my pumpkin each year get a bunch of those

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

thatsapenis.gif

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

it gets so bad it goes past red and then loops right back to red again, like when they brought back kaioken in dragonball super

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
If you're looking for storm discussion, preparation, etc... I recommend storm2k.org. They have a discord as well.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
think i'll stick with the daily stormer, thanks

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

If you're looking for storm discussion, preparation, etc... I recommend storm2k.org. They have a discord as well.

https://www.stormfront.org is a good resource as well

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
im packing up my car today to get the gently caress out of NC and its cool to think theres a decent chance everything i leave behind will be destroyed,. lmao2018 fuckin owns

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

anonumos posted:

Charlotte goon checking in.

any word on flights out of charlotte? my sister's getting married on Saturday, and the entire groom's family is supposed to fly out of Charlotte on friday. It's gonna be a photo finish, I think

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Good luck, hornet

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

on the bright side if you die in the hurricane you get to be a skeleton after and that owns bones

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
West coast Goon here with a sunroof. I have never experienced a hurricane before and mayhaps never will. Just putting my hands together and prayer all the best for my fellow friends out residing in the east coast.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

twoday posted:

Good luck, hornet

thank you. i will be safe and far far away by thursday but im preparing mentally to have Wilmington wind up completely unlivable.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Polo-Rican posted:

any word on flights out of charlotte? my sister's getting married on Saturday, and the entire groom's family is supposed to fly out of Charlotte on friday. It's gonna be a photo finish, I think

No idea. I haven't checked because if we evacuate it'll be by car.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

im packing up my car today to get the gently caress out of NC and its cool to think theres a decent chance everything i leave behind will be destroyed,. lmao2018 fuckin owns

Assuming your insurance is paid up, document as much of your stuff you are leaving behind as possible. Working out the value can be done later, just make sure you have a record of what you had before it all gets washed away and your insurance accuses you of fraud filing afterwards.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
imaging being a native dude hundreds of years ago just chillin on the SC beach eating some
maize or whatever and then getting absolutely owned with no warning haha

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

anonumos posted:

No idea. I haven't checked because if we evacuate it'll be by car.

I'm hoping we're far enough west that we just end up getting a bunch of nice cooling rain.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

im the 69mph winds

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

morally adept posted:

I'm hoping we're far enough west that we just end up getting a bunch of nice cooling rain.

oh you're gonna get a bunch of rain alright

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

quote:

Its a good thing that landfalls by such strong hurricanes are rare along the South Carolina and North Carolina coast, since this coastline is extremely vulnerable to high storm surges. Two of these three historical Carolina Category 4 hurricanes generated a storm tide of 18 - 20 feet: Hugo of 1989 and Hazel of 1954.

The high vulnerability of this coastline is because the continental shelf extends out more than 50 miles from shore, creating a large region of shallow water less than 150 feet deep just offshore that forces storm surge waters to pile up to staggering heights.

Depending on where its center makes landfall, a mid-strength Category 4 hurricane with 145 mph winds hitting at high tide, in a worst-case scenario, can generate a storm tide in excess of twenty feet above ground level along the entire coast of South Carolina, and along most of the coast of southern North Carolina from the South Carolina border to Morehead City. Many locations could see a higher surge, of up to 27 feet.

hehehehe

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
The latest forecasts have it sitting on eastern North Carolina for four days straight. It might even drift slightly south, absolutely soaking the coastal plains. It's going to be our Sandy.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i hope this storm finally makes the north carolina government recognize sea level rise

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/abc/status/1039125331280637952

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/StephenMStrader/status/1039210154795917314

https://twitter.com/StephenMStrader/status/1039171303415205888

https://twitter.com/WalkerSAshley/status/1039212723886800897

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i hope this storm finally makes the north carolina government recognize sea level rise

I hope it finally causes the people of north Carolina to overthrow their government

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Polo-Rican posted:

sounds like you're angling for a modship of gbs

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
Where's the best place to donate that'll actually reach people who need it?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

just got some gas but i'll probably ride it out in charleston

my house has stilts for a reason

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I visited charleston earlier this year, it's a silly place

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

discoukulele posted:

heres my paypal email hotman69@420weedlover.kr

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/mjventrice/status/1039246908420698113?s=21

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

this is fine

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

lamentable dustman posted:

just got some gas but i'll probably ride it out in charleston

my house has stilts for a reason

Hope your stilts are 20 feet high or more.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

huge, if true

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

discoukulele posted:

why don8

the US government got ur back :grin:

we're the wealthiest country in the world, what makes u think they won't help with the recovery process

we spend all that money on the military budget, we'll be getting military relief right quick

that must mean the waters are super warm and that has nothing to do with global warming

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol north Carolina is getting no help because the governor is a democrat

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

lol nc doesnt rly have elections

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

my plan was to play dragon quest XI this week, but I guess Ill just watch the Carolinas dissolve into the ocean instead

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Jose posted:

it's not getting any money because whitefish mt exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:tif: