Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1039225833116848131?s=19

:smugdog:

E: lmao how have I snyped the last four pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Checking the schedule it looks like this is in reaction to Rodgers' three-touchdown performance against the Falcons, where a receiver broke free for a long touchdown and brought in 140 yards. Sounds familiar.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Where the gently caress did Justin Houston go

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Chromatic posted:

Checking out nursing homes.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Chromatic posted:

Knee injury sapped his lateral speed and also yesterday Dee Ford was rushing from Houston’s left side mostly.

https://twitter.com/pff_mike/status/1039230217183797249?s=21

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kalli posted:

Mute your speakers:

Here's most of Peterman's throws from yesterday. He sucks out loud, but their receivers aren't getting open and aren't catching it when thrown to them and that only happens on the plays where the oline doesn't get owned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWQ370dZ8vg

I don't even think he's that bad but this is what happens when you get dominated on every level. He missed a few throws clearly but there were tons of drops, tons of receivers not running their routes correctly, nobody getting open, pressure about one second after the snap. Peterman was running for his goddamn life desperately trying to make something happen and usually when you're under that much pressure in every way and you've got no advantage QBs will start playing worse.

I'm not sure if literally any quarterback could've come in and won that game for the Bills. There isn't a single position group where the Ravens don't have an advantage, you have to have some positives over the opposition or you're just gonna get smoked.

Cash Monet posted:

Bengals/Colts was a sad game.

The Bengals are talented and being wasted by Andy Dalton. The Colts wasting Andrew Luck.

The what could've been bowl.

At least it was entertaining. Both teams are at a similar level of not quite good but not quite bad and it was a fun game to watch.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I've been telling everyone that Austin Ekeler rules

https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1039022239759233024?s=19

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Knee injury sapped his lateral speed and also yesterday Dee Ford was rushing from Houston’s left side mostly.

https://twitter.com/pff_mike/status/1039230217183797249?s=21

It’s Week 1, calm the gently caress down Mike

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Play posted:

I'm not sure if literally any quarterback could've come in and won that game for the Bills. There isn't a single position group where the Ravens don't have an advantage, you have to have some positives over the opposition or you're just gonna get smoked.

You're not wrong, but Nathan Peterman is also really, really bad and would be hard pressed to be the third string for most teams.

I look forward to the Bills squandering our 1st overall pick on a WR because Josh Allen Needs Weapons. (And then letting said WR walk after the rookie contract because we're rebuilding again.)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1039233153804771330

Rip his career probably

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

poo poo, who else do they have at RB?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Burkhead and their rookie, Sony Michel.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

James White, Sony Michel (who was hurt all camp), Rex Burkhead. I think that's it?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rex Burkhead, James White, Sony Michel (supposedly should be playing soon) and they'll almost certainly bring up Ralph Webb from the practice squad (ran well in the preseason).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ah great, so now James White will get more looks and his shifty rear end will tear up the Jaguars next week. Great.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This is the play where I commented that you really can't ask for anything more out of a pass rush than Dee Ford (of all mediocre players) gives you.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

This is the play where I commented that you really can't ask for anything more out of a pass rush than Dee Ford (of all mediocre players) gives you.

Dee Ford inexplicably always plays like Von Miller against the Chargers and I'm sick of it

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I almost felt bad for Trubs. He grew up watching Rodgers dominate, and you could see the fear in his eyes as the comeback began. We all knew what was coming.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Dee Ford inexplicably always plays like Von Miller against the Chargers and I'm sick of it

What a throw by Rivers though falling away and being tackled

Leon Einstein posted:

I almost felt bad for Trubs. He grew up watching Rodgers dominate, and you could see the fear in his eyes as the comeback began. We all knew what was coming.

I couldn't see a drat thing in those beady, glassy, barely-there eyes but his body language said it all

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Play posted:

I couldn't see a drat thing in those beady, glassy, barely-there eyes but his body language said it all

:siren:BODY LANGUAGE:siren:

It's like Cutty never left.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

6 minutes straight of sweet catches

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1039246568656781313

Also lol at the angle they use for the 2nd Gronk one.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Tempest_56 posted:

You're not wrong, but Nathan Peterman is also really, really bad and would be hard pressed to be the third string for most teams.

I look forward to the Bills squandering our 1st overall pick on a WR because Josh Allen Needs Weapons. (And then letting said WR walk after the rookie contract because we're rebuilding again.)
Watch them trade up for a receiver at great cost too.
But, then, maybe I shouldn’t assume they’ll be picking after anyone yet.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

6 minutes straight of sweet catches

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1039246568656781313

Also lol at the angle they use for the 2nd Gronk one.
Two catches by Eckeler on here :psyduck:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

adaz posted:

That 96 team was so good. #1 defense, #1 offense, and probably #1 ST. Tough team to draw in a SB

Because Favre played for so long and had long stretches of being just kinda dumb, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that his 95-96-97 peak was awesome. 3 consecutive AP MVPs, 3 consecutive 1st Team All-Pros, #1 in passing touchdowns 3 straight years, won a Super Bowl, and played approximately a trillion times better than the QB on the team that beat him in the next one.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Favre was cool to play against because there was always the chance he'd have a stinker of a game and throw a bunch of picks because he was so sure he could make the throws

Rodgers just never loving turns the ball over and it's horrible

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

mastershakeman posted:

Favre was cool to play against because there was always the chance he'd have a stinker of a game and throw a bunch of picks because he was so sure he could make the throws

Rodgers just never loving turns the ball over and it's horrible
Favre had some great highs, but he single-handedly lost many games. I can't think of a single game that the Packers lost because of Rodgers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Two catches by Eckeler on here :psyduck:

He's my current favorite

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My favorite Favre game:

https://youtu.be/WOC1re16cJM

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Well, this definitely is one of his most memorable games. How many players can say they threw 6 picks in a playoff game without getting yanked?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Leon Einstein posted:

Well, this definitely is one of his most memorable games. How many players can say they threw 6 picks in a playoff game without getting yanked?

Yes that is an incredibly Farve achievement right there

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Offense is fun to watch for once :monocle:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Offense is fun to watch for once :monocle:

Keenum is a spark plug that's for sure. Could've done without the picks but it clearly didn't affect his confidence at all. Not only is he more talented than the cast of last year, he doesn't allow people to beat him mentally and gives big play possibility on every snap. I think he's a good choice for the team but needs to get the turnovers cleaned up.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Play posted:

Keenum is a spark plug that's for sure. Could've done without the picks but it clearly didn't affect his confidence at all. Not only is he more talented than the cast of last year, he doesn't allow people to beat him mentally and gives big play possibility on every snap. I think he's a good choice for the team but needs to get the turnovers cleaned up.

I was so happy about scoring offensive points I totally forgot about the turnovers

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

adaz posted:

What is this Cowboy's nonsense. Tony Romo was a good quarterback. He wasn't a great quarterback, Moon & fouts were putting up comparable stats 30 years before he was in a way different league. Their peaks were amazing and, in Moons case at lest, be hard pressed to say his teams were that much better than a comparable Cowboys team.

Are you high? Romo absolutely was a great quarterback.....

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
catching up on games/highlights from yesterday: so was Vance Joseph actually as bad last year as everyone says, or is it just that he had dogshit at QB?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

let’s break down film with Omar

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/1039267483759398913?s=21

https://twitter.com/siclancy/status/1039275219217801216?s=21

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/1039278109525196800?s=21

https://twitter.com/siclancy/status/1039283677463764993?s=21

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Saying Kiko is the Dolphins best linebacker is true but the Dolphins linebackers have been very bad the entire time he’s been here, and Kiko was awful last season.

Also I know I’m pissing into the wind with this because Omar is a hack but.... does it really need to be said that Kiko is better than 2 guys who played in their first NFL games yesterday?

I would loving hope so.

TheBizzness fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 11, 2018

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My cat is named Kiko so I root for him.

My other cat is named Minka soooooo go Minkha Fitzpatrick.

That's the totality of my entire connection with the Miami Dolphins franchise.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Whenever there's a lapse in coverage Kiko Alonso teleports to just nearby but not close enough to prevent the reception

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Officially there's still time on the clock, but since it's over in spirit I'm glad I can safely carry zero expectations through this Lions season.

• Locked thread