Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
I'm starting to wonder if belichick coordinators make good head coaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

saban

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Cash Monet posted:

Bengals/Colts was a sad game.

The Bengals are talented and being wasted by Andy Dalton. The Colts wasting Andrew Luck.

The what could've been bowl.

This is so dumb. Andy played well that game I think he was 21/28 with 2 tds and an int.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

Romeo Crennel had Matt Cassel. Guess who was asked to come in at 3rd and 9 tonight.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol that deflection

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

guys

jets bitch

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Someone made a comment about the Bears paying Mack a fortune to move from 4th in the division to 3rd, and I was totally thinking that the Lions might have something to say about that.

Apparently what they have to say is "sure, you go right on ahead".

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
my god my god why have you forsaken me

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The New York Jets are the #1 team in the NFL

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

The heartbeat of the Lions...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Imagine drafting a RB at 2 when you could have had Darnold for 15 years.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I stopped watching to do hurricane prep when it was 17 to 17, how did that final score happen?!?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I stopped watching to do hurricane prep when it was 17 to 17, how did that final score happen?!?

*The Aristocrats-ly* The Lions!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

The giants REALLY have no idea what they are doing. It's going to be hidden by the fact that they do have exceptional skill players and will probably look pretty good this season but they really are just clueless. I mean their GM thinks it's 1971 or something.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Diva Cupcake posted:

Imagine trading out of the Pat Mahomes pick one year to trade up for Josh Allen a year later. And starting Nathan Peterman at QB for an encore.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Substandard posted:

Imagine trading out of the Pat Mahomes pick one year to trade up for Josh Allen a year later. And starting Nathan Peterman at QB for an encore.

I mean the consensus here is that Allen is going to suck but lets at least see him.... I think there is a chance he's good. Starting Peterman is the real head scratcher.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lmao

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1039350807093825536

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

mcmagic posted:

I mean the consensus here is that Allen is going to suck but lets at least see him.... I think there is a chance he's good. Starting Peterman is the real head scratcher.

I just think trading out of a pick where you could have had Mahomes or Watson was nuts since they needed a long term QB. Maybe Allen will be good.

Peterman was an insane choice to start a game last year and doesn’t seem to have improved

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

This is so dumb. Andy played well that game I think he was 21/28 with 2 tds and an int.

Don't defend that filthy, filthy ginger.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Why would you say that?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

mcmagic posted:

Why would you say that?

Pity.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Jets drove down the field to score a TD, and the Lions just... melted down. I'm talking multiple interceptions (including a pick six), a punt return TD, everything.

Ultimately, the loss comes down to Stafford and the receivers. Stafford threw multiple throws into coverage that resulted in horrific ints, and when he was throwing accurately everyone but Golladay was dropping balls. Like, there were some perfectly thrown deep balls that went through Jones' hands. It was... not good.

Well, that'd explain a few things.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Quick Jets TD drive to make it 24-17, then this soul-crushing sequence:
1st & 10 at DET 25.
(9:36 - 3rd) (Shotgun) K.Johnson up the middle to DET 25 for no gain (J.Jenkins; S.McLendon).
2nd & 10 at DET 25
(8:58 - 3rd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) K.Johnson up the middle to DET 34 for 9 yards (B.Copeland).
3rd & 1 at DET 34
(8:07 - 3rd) Darron Lee 36 Yrd Interception Return J.Myers extra point is GOOD, Center-T.Hennessy, Holder-L.Edwards.
31-17
(8:07 - 3rd) J.Myers kicks 65 yards from NYJ 35 to end zone, Touchback.
1st & 10 at DET 25
(8:07 - 3rd) L.Blount up the middle to DET 26 for 1 yard (J.Jenkins). DET-L.Blount was injured during the play.
2nd & 9 at DET 26
(7:34 - 3rd) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass incomplete short right to G.Tate [L.Williams]. DET-M.Stafford was injured during the play.
3rd & 9 at DET 26
(7:24 - 3rd) (Shotgun) M.Cassel pass incomplete short right to G.Tate (B.Skrine).
4th & 9 at DET 26
(7:00 - 3rd) Andre Roberts 78 Yrd Punt Return J.Myers extra point is GOOD, Center-T.Hennessy, Holder-L.Edwards.
38-17
(7:00 - 3rd) J.Myers kicks 65 yards from NYJ 35 to end zone, Touchback.
1st & 10 at DET 25
(7:00 - 3rd) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass incomplete short left to G.Tate.
2nd & 10 at DET 25
(6:57 - 3rd) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short middle intended for L.Willson INTERCEPTED by D.Lee at DET 39. D.Lee to DET 18 for 21 yards (G.Tate).

Jets kick a field goal (41-17), Lions drive down to kick a 44-yard field goal which they miss, Jets score on a 62-yard run two plays later (48-17). It's still the third quarter.

Nothing really happens in the 4th except Matt Cassel comes back in and throws an INT.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/sbnation/status/1039340705364160513?s=21

This is the coolest thing of the season

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

Why would you say that?

Why not? They probably don’t have to play them again any time soon.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

mcmagic posted:

Allen WILL suck behind a lovely offensive line throwing to scrub wide receivers. Maybe Mayfield or Darnold could do something, but the Bills picked the rawest QB prospect, and although he mostly played well in the preseason, he definitely needs a lot of polish. Polish it will be all but impossible to get running for his life while no one gets open.
Like, literally all you have to do to shutdown the Bills offense is stay disciplined and you’ll blow up our linemen and Shady McCoy can’t juke an entire defense.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

mcmagic posted:

Why would you say that?
CAN YOU BE HAPPY FOR ONCE

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
im so happy

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Allen WILL suck behind a lovely offensive line throwing to scrub wide receivers. Maybe Mayfield or Darnold could do something, but the Bills picked the rawest QB prospect, and although he mostly played well in the preseason, he definitely needs a lot of polish. Polish it will be all but impossible to get running for his life while no one gets open.
Like, literally all you have to do to shutdown the Bills offense is stay disciplined and you’ll blow up our linemen and Shady McCoy can’t juke an entire defense.

I'm suspicious that Allen actually is good and therefore can absolutely not play for this dogshit team right now.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://gfycat.com/LegalDelayedAsianlion

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I love this guys Fan Imitation videos

For Cowboys fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVaFSZxv4AE

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Allen is pretty good at making defenders miss and buying time outside of the pocket. The line probably won’t be much better until at least 2020, so he might as well get used to trying to play like Cam Newton or an early career Roethlisberger.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/peter_king/status/1039298913348591616?s=19

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
That Lions game was one of the worst bed shittings I have ever witnessed

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Dear NFL,
Please do more of this Monday night double headers

Sincerely,
The entire West Coast

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Mountain likes it too, even though everyone forgets about us.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

Dear NFL,
Please do more of this Monday night double headers

Sincerely,
The entire West Coast

seriously

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Europe here: watching the second half before going to work, is also nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Gruden lost Patricia lost O'Brien lost

Good week

• Locked thread