Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lol i get to fly next week im gonna die arent i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Who is doing the Jose thing this time

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

zegermans posted:

the death toll will not exceed 100 :toxx:

cc: Logik, Cpt McClaine

Quoting so he can't edit

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Goodbye Carolinas

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

How loving stupid are you zergman

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You astound all of Christendom by remaining alive

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stairmaster posted:

How loving stupid are you zergman

Do you even have to ask?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

zegermans posted:

the death toll will not exceed 100 :toxx:

cc: Logik, Cpt McClaine

yeah, I'm sure it will all just blow over

hehe heh

:(

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

You astound all of Christendom by remaining alive

I mean, I am half Austrian...

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

poo poo just got real

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Martout posted:

can't wait for a bunch of editorials about the nation coming together to support their fellow man and this is what america is all about as literally nothing is done and thousands die

Same but op eds appalled at images of survivors scavenging waterlogged and unsalable property in efforts to survive and that we need to start air dropping in military contractors like they're The Division in order to protect it.

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Narrator:

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/NoNameBanksy/status/1039556603278774272?s=19

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
zegermans will win because they'll pull some low-ball figure out of their rear end while standing on a pile of dead drowned corpses

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

RIP that guy

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
that guy is dead dead dead

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

logikv9 posted:

zegermans will win because they'll pull some low-ball figure out of their rear end while standing on a pile of dead drowned corpses

"No those aren't people killed by the hurricane,.they're just the recently buried who were forced out of the.ground"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Corek posted:

that guy is dead dead dead

Idk he seems high enough not to get drowned by the storm surge

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jose posted:

"No those aren't people killed by the hurricane,.they're just the recently buried who were forced out of the.ground"

I figure they won't count anyone who's not an affluent white male of voting age, so it'll be a death toll of 2

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Harvey was only 80 some dead though. If it does not landfall at cat 4-5 then the danger is flooding, and in general not that many die from floods they know are coming since you need to be trapped in some way to avoid rescue completely. Like in that warning list earlier, it's people in cars, the elderly, and children most at risk since grown adults can often clamber into a roof or something and avoid actually dying.

So hopefully he is right.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

logikv9 posted:

I thought that blue star meant you were the true arbiter of FAKE NEWS

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The last place I would want to be is on the second story of a condo on the water during an incoming Cat 4/5

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I hope exactly 100 people die and that they all live tweet the events leading up to their deaths

roof just got torn off walls are bowing lol this is wild #florence

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Harvey was only 80 some dead though. If it does not landfall at cat 4-5 then the danger is flooding, and in general not that many die from floods they know are coming since you need to be trapped in some way to avoid rescue completely. Like in that warning list earlier, it's people in cars, the elderly, and children most at risk since grown adults can often clamber into a roof or something and avoid actually dying.

So hopefully he is right.

also houston has like 5x the population of eastern nc

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yeah but the Brunswick nuclear power plant will probably kill another hundred plus all the excess cancer deaths in the next decade

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

FlamingLiberal posted:

The last place I would want to be is on the second story of a condo on the water during an incoming Cat 4/5

Cat 4-5 changes everything because the winds become a way more deadly part of the equation since you have buildings getting knocked over into flooded areas and debris flying through windows and trees falling onto people.

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/KatzOnEarth/status/1039370357789130752?s=19

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:rip: this dude

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Cat 4-5 changes everything because the winds become a way more deadly part of the equation since you have buildings getting knocked over into flooded areas and debris flying through windows and trees falling onto people.

Hell, tiny baby Fran was only a 3 and managed to do that way inland

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

Yeah but the Brunswick nuclear power plant will probably kill another hundred plus all the excess cancer deaths in the next decade

honestly it's a race between that and heart disease, diabetes or stroke

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

You know I'm joking, right? Charlotte loves Raleigh.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Y'all guys know the problem with fukashima was that they couldn't do a shutdown in time, right?

Even token corporate responsibility will keep Brunswick from meltdown

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ikanreed posted:

Hell, tiny baby Fran was only a 3 and managed to do that way inland

i came back after isabel which was only a cat 2 and our pear tree was lying on its side with the entire root ball attached

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

The population of north carolina's eastern coastal plain is majority black and poor, so not surprising to see c-spam cheerleading for as much death as possible

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Otoh it's america

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Algund Eenboom posted:

The population of north carolina's eastern coastal plain is majority black and poor, so not surprising to see c-spam cheerleading for as much death as possible

tbf the immediate coast isn't and that's mostly yankee retirees so if they go it's no big loss

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FlamingLiberal posted:

you've just gotta make sure to bring an axe or hatchet up there with you so that you can chop through the roof when necessary

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol if america doesn't turn itself into a third world country, mother nature is gonna do the job for us

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the inland areas where all the black folks are are just gonna get hammered by rain, the coastal areas that will get erased are rich folk so hail satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

We already are one