Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

LinYutang posted:

Why do the dems need a slogan

The tea party was just incoherently yelling and they won bigly

The Tea Party had an enormous amount of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

Joe Rogan had Tulsi Gabbard on to talk about how DNC rigged the 2016 election against Bernie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szkh57R3IoM

Good stuff
sounds like fake news conspiracy theory to me

the media already confirmed that a candidate literally buying the dnc during the primaries doesn't count as rigging

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
good thread on some peak Ezra succ

https://twitter.com/larryglickman/status/1039490052282306561?s=21

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

comedyblissoption posted:

yah they only supported the dems b/c they were more racist than the republicans. scathing analysis from inside the succ zone

thinkin bout that Southern Strategy

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nazis are bad.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
did you know that the parties changed over time when the Dems used to be the hick racist south party and the Republicans the opposite

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

did you know that the parties changed over time when the Dems used to be the hick racist south party and the Republicans the opposite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHdXQAQHjd8

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

docbeard posted:

More money for us. Decorum you.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the dems historic control of government for like half a century and taking it away from a peak of republican dominance would not have happened if their platform was only we're more racist than the other guys

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

McCain 100% beats Hillary. She lost to Donald Trump.

McCain was running as The War Guy in 2008, which is already a nigh-insurmountable burden, and a HRC campaign trying to replace Bush wouldn't have branded itself as "just like the last 8 years, which you loved, right? right????? No improvements particularly come to mind, just smooooooooooooth sailing!!!" She probably would have won and then lost to Romney.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Dems are going to win the house (and maybe even the senate) this election but only because everyone is pissed at trump and not because they have done any meaningful campaigning

When the Dems predictably won't do anything meaningful to stop Trump's (or the GOP's) agenda I think a lot more people in the party are going to start seeing the establishment as a liability

Basically the dem presidential primaries are going to be loving wild

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feldegast42 posted:

Dems are going to win the house (and maybe even the senate) this election but only because everyone is pissed at trump and not because they have done any meaningful campaigning

When the Dems predictably won't do anything meaningful to stop Trump's (or the GOP's) agenda I think a lot more people in the party are going to start seeing the establishment as a liability

did the superdelegates thing actually pass? do they have normal primaries now?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Addamere posted:

did the superdelegates thing actually pass? do they have normal primaries now?

Basically the superdelegates are still around but the vote a lot later so they can't toss their weight in and say ah but so and so has momentum

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agean90 posted:

Basically the superdelegates are still around but the vote a lot later so they can't toss their weight in and say ah but so and so has momentum

but they still get to decide who wins? :mad:

also what exactly stops them from tossing their weight in? do i now get to look forward to a bunch of EXCLUSIVE BREAKING NEWS LEAKS about what some guy in delaware's butler told a reporter his master is planning to vote?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

love 2 idealize the states who definitely only voted for Strong New Deal Policies for decades vs whomever pandered to their racism at the time

I'd blame HR Clinton breaking your brain, but she can't actually do anything, so what's your excuse?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Feldegast42 posted:

theres not a chance they win the senate. there's only like 6 or 7 republican seats up compared to 25ish for the dems. not only that, but several of those seats are in red states.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the hits still keep comin

https://twitter.com/salazarsenate18/status/1039542597411373056?s=21

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

This owns so much.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

jfc

running a hit piece on a woman for being a victim of sexual assault. how loving low can u go

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

comedyblissoption posted:

the dems historic control of government for like half a century and taking it away from a peak of republican dominance would not have happened if their platform was only we're more racist than the other guys

what years exactly are you talking about because i might have an answer

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Addamere posted:

also what exactly stops them from tossing their weight in? do i now get to look forward to a bunch of EXCLUSIVE BREAKING NEWS LEAKS about what some guy in delaware's butler told a reporter his master is planning to vote?

Possibly, but if there's a candidate that's clearly in the lead and the super delegates want to reverse that it'll he obvious what they're doing, which would make their loss in the general certain as people turn away in disgust.

Not ideal, but baby steps i guess, plus their tears from this minor inconvenience we're great.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

really queer Christmas posted:

jfc

running a hit piece on a woman for being a victim of sexual assault. how loving low can u go

well, actually :o:

(the hit piece will be that she said something bad about israel)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agean90 posted:

Possibly, but if there's a candidate that's clearly in the lead and the super delegates want to reverse that it'll he obvious what they're doing, which would make their loss in the general certain as people turn away in disgust.

Not ideal, but baby steps i guess, plus their tears from this minor inconvenience we're great.

how was it not already super obvious? every chart i remember anyone posting showed superdelegates as a separate component of the total

are democrats hoping to :decorum: each other into behaving nice?

cos i mean that has worked so well with the republicans

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think the superdelagates just can't vote in the first round of voting at the convention. If it goes to a second round because someone can't get a clear majority in the first then they can do whatever the gently caress they want.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I think the superdelagates just can't vote in the first round of voting at the convention. If it goes to a second round because someone can't get a clear majority in the first then they can do whatever the gently caress they want.

so there is not even a gag rule to nominally prevent the superdelegates from declaring their allegiance beforehand? lmao

how incredibly pointless, :sigh:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Indeed there is racism which is why we should not try to help anyone ever and just sit back and let capitalism crush and divide us, but at least we can be smug libs about it.
I didn't say or mean anything even close to this, nice meltdown

Agean90 posted:

They'll likely still do that. One of the biggest superdelegate issues was how the media constantly reported on superdelegate pledges. The fact that they merely vote later isn't going to amount to much. It lets the party claim they did something while not addressing the actual issue at all.

Addamere posted:

basically yeah

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

jfc

if she was a real jew who supported israel she would have let dear leader bibi's lackey gently caress her

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The superdelegates' power lies entirely in how big a deal the media decides to make of them, but that was also technically true before

It's just harder to justify making a big deal out of them now (but I'm sure at least some media will still do it)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Feldegast42 posted:

When Trump wins re-election, a lot of brains are going to break.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nothus posted:

When Trump wins re-election, a lot of brains are going to break.

not mine, i have already accepted the inevitability

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

loquacius posted:

The superdelegates' power lies entirely in how big a deal the media decides to make of them, but that was also technically true before
That's exactly why I'm completely unimpressed by the "Superdelegates don't vote in the first round" half-measure. I will be surprised if the media treats superdelegates any differently or stops reporting on how they're probably going to vote.

Addamere posted:

not mine, i have already accepted the inevitability
:same: ever since donnie won. :sigh:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's exactly why I'm completely unimpressed by the "Superdelegates don't vote in the first round" half-measure. I will be surprised if the media treats superdelegates any differently or stops reporting on how they're probably going to vote.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Donna Brazile having that public meltdown about her power being stripped away from her makes a lot more sense in the context where moving superdelegates to the second ballot was a completely meaningless misdirection, come to think of it, because it would lull reform advocates into a false sense of victory and keep us from demanding superdelegates be eliminated entirely

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

loquacius posted:

Donna Brazile having that public meltdown about her power being stripped away from her makes a lot more sense in the context where moving superdelegates to the second ballot was a completely meaningless misdirection, come to think of it, because it would lull reform advocates into a false sense of victory and keep us from demanding superdelegates be eliminated entirely

My thoughts exactly. If it was a serious that to their power, or an actual change or reform, they'd still be fighting it tooth and nail. Instead, we got a couple cries of foul, them nothing.

If the party leadership isn't fighting it, it's not going to actually change anything.

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 11, 2018

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
that was a meltdown? I thought donna was just trying to post in BSS

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

when i think about effective rhetorical legerdemain that, seldonesque, steers public opinion, i think donna brazile

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

*donna brazile, steepling her fingers as the left reacts precisely as she anticipated* checkmate bernailures

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

:same: ever since donnie won. :sigh:

Has there ever been a ballot that hasn't been settled in the first round? I'm not saying they wouldn't still try to rig it, but they'd have to get more creative about it besides just whipping super delegate votes.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Not recently, but with a 20 candidate shitshow brewing, it's likely the 2020 convention will need more than one ballot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

The Little Kielbasa posted:

The Tea Party had an enormous amount of money.

So did Hillary Rodham Clinton

Tea party had true believers and organization is the difference