Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
More like Fatt Pike amirite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Goatwhore also kills it live

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Smirr posted:

In my experience, Enslaved are very iffy. I've seen them noodle through a set to like 50 people at a gig that ended by 10 pm sharp, and I've seen them play Slaget i Skogen Bortenfor as an encore to what amounted to a piranha pit. I think I've been to more good Enslaved gigs than bad ones, but this is my experience.

I've only been to one High on Fire gig and/but they do indeed kill it live

I have the general feeling that since I haven't seen Enslaved, I ought to give it a chance.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

high on fire is ok in short bursts, but i sat through them once to see exodus and about 15 minutes into high on fire's set in i was wandering around the venue looking for something else to do because zzzzzz

I have actually seen High on Fire already, but I was on 9 different drugs and so don't consider my source reliable

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
ty henchman santa man

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

il_cornuto posted:

Isis stopped making music when they felt they'd done enough too. All these bands went out on a high note with a really good last album too.

The stuff they did in the middle east after that was pretty bad though.. seems like an odd direction to go in

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

idk that compilation album of deep cuts they released for free on liveleak was hype

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I saw High on Fire live right after Death is this Communion came out and had a blast. I haven't really enjoyed any of their records since then, so I can't imagine enjoying seeing them now.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Tias posted:

Got the chance to see Enslaved and High on Fire play, but it's sorta pricey. Are they killing it live?

I'll be at the show, in my experience HoF is a blast live.

I'm the bald bearded guy in a battle vest, you can't miss me :q:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
High On Fire are great live and great in general imo

OlaOst
Oct 17, 2012

Tias posted:

Got the chance to see Enslaved and High on Fire play, but it's sorta pricey. Are they killing it live?

Last time I saw Enslaved I ended up getting fingered in the lung by this hot doctor chick.

Go see them.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Always go see Matt Pike's gut no matter what band he's playing in. Always.

Fr tho, HoF rules and are great live. You should go!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The nazi thread title was getting really tiresome, I'm glad things are back to their natural order.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
hey do you guys want a new cirith ungol track or nah

https://cirithungolofficial.bandcamp.com/track/witchs-game

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cirith Ungol just dropped a new song. It’s a killer.

https://cirithungolofficial.bandcamp.com/releases

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm not gonna lie, part of me has always been a little disappointed that Cirith Ungol got back together after swearing up and down that they'd never do it

but yeah, this rules

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm going to admit something to this thread: i hadn't ever actually listened to those once loyal before

....before today. god drat

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The album that killed bolt thrower because they decided they couldn't make anything better.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It was the right decision though imagine if they did a Metallica

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YkQXb9_gNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zzBtUfJVsI&t=240s

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
New Cirith Ungol is the best news I've heard in years, hell yes.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It was the right decision though imagine if they did a Metallica

Those Again Loyal

Yep, Still Loyal (Thanks For Asking)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

xzzy posted:

The album that killed bolt thrower because they decided they couldn't make anything better.

I’m glad they didn’t think that way or they would have broken up after Realm of Chaos.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://twitter.com/evilbmcats/status/1039640730036142082

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

She is perfect, hail

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

deadking posted:

Infernal Coil absolutely rips and I'm super excited for their new album. They are also probably the loudest band I have ever seen live in the best ways.

Yeah, they had an immense sound. Sumac and Dalek also played that night, and it was all loud and extremely my poo poo, but Infernal Coil was just a huge wall of noise. It was one of the best shows I've seen this year.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

Shakenbaker posted:

Those Again Loyal

Yep, Still Loyal (Thanks For Asking)
ReLoyal

Bagsack
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a fucking lobster
Enslaved is always worth the price of admission! Grutle’s retarded voice sounds so loving awesome live.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Maaaaan I'm busy this day but gah wish I could go to this https://www.thepalladium.net/event/1713367-amorphis-dark-tranquillity-worcester/

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Death Loyal

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Seeing Andrew WK tomorrow at a smaller venue vs the big rear end Metallica show. Should be a good crowd without the chodes.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Seeing all these Ne Obliviscaris tour dates makes me really want to see Xanthochroid, but they haven't played a show in four years and change what with Sam writing music for hemorrhoid commercials and whatever

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Friends of mine saw Killing Joke last night and said there were a number of guys who showed up in Joker facepaint. I bet the guys in the band love that!

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

Dimebags Brain posted:

Cirith Ungol just dropped a new song. It’s a killer.

https://cirithungolofficial.bandcamp.com/releases

Happy to hear that the singer still sounds kind of like Dr Rockso

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gorewar posted:

Happy to hear that the singer still sounds kind of like Dr Rockso

I got to see them last year at Days of Darkness (large part of why I bought the tickets, for real) and I wondered how that guy would sound after all these years.

He still sounds like that and it rules.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Someone say Enslaved?

gently caress, I'm jealous :(

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Fenrir posted:

Someone say Enslaved?

gently caress, I'm jealous :(

Yeah, I think I might go. If you pop by Copenhagen for the show, I'll buy you a soda or something :getin:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Speaking of Copenhagen, I'm going to this thing later tonight

And then this one next week:

:blastu:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So, Dream Child's debut album dropped today. And somehow I only now learned that this isn't just some band doing Dio worship, it's actually a supergroup with some former Dio members:

Craig Goldy: Guitars (ex-Dio, Giuffria)
Wayne Findlay: Guitars and Keyboards (MSG)
Simon Wright: Drums (ex-AC/DC, Dio, Operation: Mindcrime)
Rudy Sarzo: Bass (ex-Quiet Riot, Ozzy, Whitesnake)
Diego Valdez: Vocals (Helker)

So yeah. And if you thought Nils Patrik Johansson used to sound like RJD, well Diego Valdez takes it even further. The similarity is just downright spooky.

As for the album though, it actually isn't just 100% Dio pastiche all the time. I'm liking it, even if it's a bit proggy at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzRoWBtFT7I

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Smirr posted:

Speaking of Copenhagen, I'm going to this thing later tonight

And then this one next week:

:blastu:

Those flyers rule, as do undergang and spectral voice

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I was revisiting Ozzy Osbourne's discography this week and I have a hot take: Bark at the Moon is an extremely overrated album and No Rest for the Wicked is an extremely underrated album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Trip report Undergang / Necrot / Pissgrave: holy poo poo, PISS. I feel like I could fistfight a bulldozer and win. Pissgrave are so good. I mean they're all good, but Pissgrave, holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tOIS1O2KMs

This song seriously broke my neck. I'm paraplegic or quadriplegic now, whichever the Superman one is