Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
THE IDC IS NOT RIGHT WING.

Theyre just corrupt greedy self aggrandizing assholes.

Its important that we identify things that are differently bad for the different ways in which they are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
Zellnor was canvassing at the Franklin Ave stop this morning and I shook his hand, I hope he wins.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

THE IDC IS NOT RIGHT WING.

Theyre just corrupt greedy self aggrandizing assholes.

Its important that we identify things that are differently bad for the different ways in which they are bad.
you're right, but some are, some aren't. they started out as right-wing democrats but the addition of Peralta, Hamilton, and Alcantara muddied that equation

Illusive gently caress Man posted:

Zellnor was canvassing at the Franklin Ave stop this morning and I shook his hand, I hope he wins.
yeah he owns and hamilton is a major piece of poo poo

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

get that OUT of my face posted:

:ducksiren: 2018 NY State Primaries Megapost :ducksiren:

Might want to cross-post this in the US State and Local Politics 2018 thread.

If you're a new candidate and can't keep your story straight journalists are going to be all over you. :shrug:

Also, some groups don't take kindly to being mislead:

Citizens Union drops endorsement of Julia Salazar, citing 'not correct' information about her academic credentials

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

don't get me wrong, i believe that Julia lied about some things. i also want her to win because Dilan is corrupt as gently caress and i still believe she's sincere about her politics

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

don't get me wrong, i believe that Julia lied about some things. i also want her to win because Dilan is corrupt as gently caress and i still believe she's sincere about her politics

Sure. But I dont think its wrong for voters to be suspicious that a candidate is sincere about their politics when theyre so incredibly cagey about their biography.

Basically what Im saying is it blows that Dilan has such a lousy candidate for a challenger.

(See also, Liu and Avella, where, I dont doubt Lius progressive bonafides, but a lot of folks in the district still havent forgotten the campaign finance scandals that brought him down the first time.)

Chevy Slyme has issued a correction as of 00:56 on Sep 12, 2018

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

you're right, but some are, some aren't. they started out as right-wing democrats but the addition of Peralta, Hamilton, and Alcantara muddied that equation

Their platform is "Bigger Work offices for ourselves"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Sure. But I don’t think it’s wrong for voters to be suspicious that a candidate is sincere about their politics when they’re so incredibly cagey about their biography.

Basically what I’m saying is it blows that Dilan has such a lousy candidate for a challenger.

Mistakes were uh made

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

That said have you seen the other guy

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

etalian posted:

Their platform is "Bigger Work offices for ourselves"

And also a 10,000 dollar per year raise.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CaptainPsyko posted:

And also a 10,000 dollar per year raise.

If Zephyr is the next AG I hope she puts them all in jail. loving grifters.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

Sure. But I dont think its wrong for voters to be suspicious that a candidate is sincere about their politics when theyre so incredibly cagey about their biography.

Basically what Im saying is it blows that Dilan has such a lousy candidate for a challenger.
yeah i agree with all this. if Julia loses i'll probably hate her for a while and hope somebody who isn't loaded with issues runs against him in two years

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If Zephyr is the next AG I hope she puts them all in jail. loving grifters.

:yeah:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Salazar is a pretty bad politician, but the amount of scrutiny and press she's getting for a loving state senate primary is really bizarre.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Might want to cross-post this in the US State and Local Politics 2018 thread.

If you're a new candidate and can't keep your story straight journalists are going to be all over you. :shrug:

Also, some groups don't take kindly to being mislead:

Citizens Union drops endorsement of Julia Salazar, citing 'not correct' information about her academic credentials

Oh gently caress off with this bullshit you goddamn liberal.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Salazar is a pretty bad politician, but the amount of scrutiny and press she's getting for a loving state senate primary is really bizarre.

I mean most state level politics unless your high ranked is sorta amateur no?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Lawman 0 posted:

I mean most state level politics unless your high ranked is sorta amateur no?

Exactly.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
https://nypost.com/2018/09/11/email-from-cuomo-aide-casts-doubt-on-claims-over-anti-semitic-mailer/

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Taintrunner posted:

Oh gently caress off with this bullshit you goddamn liberal.

I'm sorry the person who helped you with your apartment is unable to keep her story straight. Such is life.

Imagine trying to use the Post for an underhanded move against an opponent. Don't they hate Cuomo more than the Daily News does?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm sorry the person who helped you with your apartment is unable to keep her story straight. Such is life.

You're little more than a white supremacist who cares more about decorum than defending poor people. gently caress off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
relax

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

You're little more than a white supremacist who cares more about decorum than defending poor people. gently caress off.

Chill. Also, accurately reporting credentials like educational background has nothing to do with decorum.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol nvm wrong thread

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh sorry I was rude to the dork enabling the media that spends more scrutiny on a woman of color with radical politics instead of actually corrupt white male shitheads.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
you were Mad

a grievous posting sin

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
being mad about politics is the only true politics, welcome to 100 years after Lenin, The Original Poster

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Mutually Assured Dialectics

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
it's fairly clear to me at this point that (a) Salazar is the subject of an organized campaign by powerful people to destroy her, likely because of her anti-Zionist positions on Israel, and (b) that she actually has been dishonest about substantial portions of her biography and given her enemies ammunition. not mutually exclusive

for instance https://twitter.com/devinbriski/status/1039595655902257152

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1039664823242563586

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Barry Convex posted:

it's fairly clear to me at this point that (a) Salazar is the subject of an organized campaign by powerful people to destroy her,likely because of her anti-Zionist positions on Israel, and (b) that she actually has been dishonest about substantial portions of her biography and given her enemies ammunition. not mutually exclusive

for instance https://twitter.com/devinbriski/status/1039595655902257152

This is a reach. Theres lots of things that rich people can be mad at her and decide to start funding a ton of oppo research over.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

CaptainPsyko posted:

This is a reach. Theres lots of things that rich people can be mad at her and decide to start funding a ton of oppo research over.

perhaps, but the hit piece that kicked off the current controversy appearing in Tablet and the Keyes allegation make me think it's hasbara

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

This is a reach. There’s lots of things that rich people can be mad at her and decide to start funding a ton of oppo research over.
true, but there's a very real phenomenon of painting anyone who isn't 100% supportive of israel as not being a true jew, as well as casting suspicion on jews of color (who are between 10-12% of the american jewish population). i don't doubt that Tablet was motivated to find dirt on Julia for those reasons

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Tablet wasnt motivated to find anything. They were a receptive outfit to be fed opposition research to.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
And Tablet would have been a receptive venue no matter what her position re: Zionism, because that sort of who is a real Jew, anyway? Bullshit is their stock in trade.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice
Schumer Update:

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1039641310838312960

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Stop talking to cousin Chuck, Amy.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
edit: NM!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unless you have good cause to argue that Julia Salazar is going to wake up a day after her election and reveal herself to be a secret Zionist Corporatist, who honestly gives a gently caress, unless you're in the business of cementing the only people who can run for office are rich gated community dickheads who have never done a day's actual work in their goddamn life

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Unless you have good cause to argue that Julia Salazar is going to wake up a day after her election and reveal herself to be a secret Zionist Corporatist, who honestly gives a gently caress, unless you're in the business of cementing the only people who can run for office are rich gated community dickheads who have never done a day's actual work in their goddamn life

Blaming the electorate for caring about the wrong things isn't really a winning strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Taintrunner posted:

the only people who can run for office are rich gated community dickheads who have never done a day's actual work in their goddamn life

Yes. The knock on the woman who grew up next door to baseball superstar Keith Hernandez is that she is not a rich gated community dickhead.

Listen. I like Salazars politics. I hope she wins. I dont live in her district and wont be voting for her as a result. But oh my god was she the worst possible candidate to run with those politics it seems like.